Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209400 times)

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1215 on: June 07, 2009, 06:43:18 pm »

Woose1, if you're in need of some tutorial-esque guidance then I'd love to help you out. I have a growing village (3 residents: 2 farmers and a high level miner) that I use to give free supplies to travelers, and free assistance. If you want, you can learn the ropes here and then once you feel up to par, I'll take you to Bottleneck.

Nobody on this forum has taken up the offer yet.

FREE NEWBY ASSISTANCE HERE!!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 07, 2009, 06:43:38 pm »

Where though?

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 07, 2009, 06:50:44 pm »

Where though?

Where are you? I'll come and get yah.

EDIT: If you're feeling adventurous though I'm just east of the stone circle. If you keep following directly east you should find a village called Clayshire. Though you'll probably get lost if you try, like I did (it's how I ended up settling here in the first place)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:53:16 pm by debvon »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 07, 2009, 06:55:12 pm »

I am, from brodgar, directly south until you hit the marsh, follow the marshline east for a little bit. I'm a little above the marshline.
Hurry, I'm all out of food and have no way of obtaining any (Except for apples, but those are gross.).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:59:19 pm by woose1 »

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: June 07, 2009, 06:57:19 pm »

Ok, stay there! I'll try to find you without getting extremely lost forever.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: June 07, 2009, 07:00:40 pm »

Whoah what wait what what hey, 4 gates? There's enough room for twenty or more, and the more the better. More possible entrances, less a chance of the gatekeepers being offline, and less work for each gatekeeper.We should have a claim every 15 tiles or whatever is the minimum distance between claims, and then we wouldn't even need to be in a party as we could just get to our own personal gate if it was nearby. The only downside at all to a metric fuckton of gates is that it will be hard to keep track of who owns what, but we can come up with something. A pattern dug into the ground or x amount of wicker baskets next to it. Seriously though, more gates. Lots of gates. As many as possible. It can only help. More gates.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: June 07, 2009, 07:03:31 pm »

Woose, is it a marsh or a forested (perhaps once forested) area? I made it to the circle and now it's just a matter of finding you

EDIT: Nevermind, I know what swamp you were talking about. Can't see you anywhere though  :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:07:08 pm by debvon »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 07, 2009, 07:05:12 pm »

Seriously. If Shockedfrog tries to wall you in all you have to do is tell Jorb or loftar. They'll probably lolpown him a little bit and destroy the blockage.

Also, Dragooble. Please return community tools before logging out for days at a time. You currently have our only pick and our only smithies hammer.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:07:48 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 07, 2009, 07:10:35 pm »

I don't see how gates(and more gates) can help if the gatekeeper is offline and the greifer have trespassing.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 07, 2009, 07:31:10 pm »

Just so you know, the circle around Brodgar is actually ring 1 according to the devs.  While this isn't really important, it's nice to not be off by one.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 07, 2009, 07:35:10 pm »

Gatekeeper? The idea is that almost everyone owns a gate so there doesn't have to be a gatekeeper.

And they could tresspass through one of four gates just as well as through one of 50 gates so I don't see how that changes anything...Just make the claims look like this, but longer and bigger and they'll be dead before they can tresspass through

Code: [Select]
...................IIccII...............
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIccIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 07, 2009, 07:49:25 pm »

I asked Jorb about this, apparently making claims longer does no good as it just deals 6hhp upon entering the claim and then no more. I guess he might be wrong but I doubt it.

I can see a problem with having too many gates, they are less secure than the firewall unless someone stands watch over their gate all the time bow in hand. On the other hand you will need more than one gate to avoid someone going offline without disclaiming the land. One other problem I see is that you will need to patrol the wall once every 2 hours for a wall 6 deep or at least check sections where people rarely go.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 07, 2009, 08:18:41 pm »

Keeping a constant watch on even a single gate is never going to happen (Even now at probably what's going to be our peak activity as everyone interested on Bay12 has joined we couldn't find someone to stand watch for hours), so this is the best we can do. It at least keeps noob alts and noob griefers from getting in, and with lots and lots of gates it isn't much of an inconvenience to us.

Maric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 07, 2009, 08:28:26 pm »

How do I fill a bucket with water, then put it in the tanning tub?

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 07, 2009, 08:37:31 pm »

Left click bucket, right click well and wait (there will be a little animation of it going down into the well and coming back up and so on), then do the same without the waiting to fill the tanning tub.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 171