Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209408 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1185 on: June 07, 2009, 02:19:52 pm »

I thought I said that these four gates would be passed on. There's four of them for redundancy. Sometimes there's just nobody to pass the claim to, and then everybody has to wait until you log back in (which could be days).

And a wall around the whole village is utterly infeasible. I've been building my wall for the past 8 hours, and I'm only about 20% done. There's simply no way the big wall can be built without everyone helping, and I've been unable to get anyone to help me for more than half an hour or so.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 07, 2009, 02:20:30 pm »

We're only missing two loaves of bread and a bar of cast iron, but they were taken from a chest filled with our pickaxes and quivers and such. We got off lucky, but the possibility of a local thief is pants-crappingly terrifying.
The only chest I found was north of the main claim (with the "Home is where your hearth is" runestone), and it didn't contain anything I can remember being useful when I visited. You should keep the cart in your claim, btw - someone could ride off with the chest and anythin else that's not bolted down. Like the anvil. Nice use of the urns, btw - keeping boards in them didn't occur to me.

Yah, I had the whole area claimed earlier but I reduced my claim so Dragooble and Hawkfrost could tak some land.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 07, 2009, 02:31:18 pm »

Malicus, my farmhand is saying that he's almost 100% positive that the name was Malicus, BUT he also said that he would be lying if he claimed he was 100% positive. So maybe there is one with a similar name, and if anybody sees somebody like this (somebody who's name is similar to Malicus) then please report it here.

I'm not going to accuse you any further because I didn't see it and he is not completely sure. I know that almost everyone from the Bay12 community is playing to have fun (and not grief while doing it) so it doesn't make sense that you would, unless you were shockedfrog, but you aren't.

Sorry again.

And if it was you, may you forever be cursed with a lack of nearby trees.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 07, 2009, 02:35:05 pm »

Well, I don't go wandering without my sword and shield in hand.  And my armor.  If it was somebody who looked like they were straight from newbieland, it wasn't me.  But if you find this person again, inform me.  I feel like knocking the living daylight out of them...  possibly the "living" part too.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:36:41 pm by Malicus »

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 07, 2009, 02:39:52 pm »

Hm... Can't recall how fonts worked in that game. Anyone test for the usual capital 'i' / lowercase L trick?

Anyhow, once I get back at, I'll be happy to grind at the wall a while. Also, I'd think the security of hearthfire gates would outweigh the inconvenience of taking a minute to walk through town... though we'd need invulnerable walling to keep them from becoming weak spots.

Hamel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 07, 2009, 02:46:01 pm »

I thought I said that these four gates would be passed on. There's four of them for redundancy. Sometimes there's just nobody to pass the claim to, and then everybody has to wait until you log back in (which could be days).

Oh, I see what you're getting at. Yeah, multiple gates are a good idea.

And a wall around the whole village is utterly infeasible. I've been building my wall for the past 8 hours, and I'm only about 20% done. There's simply no way the big wall can be built without everyone helping, and I've been unable to get anyone to help me for more than half an hour or so.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Even if it takes a real life week, it'll be worth it. :P

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 07, 2009, 02:49:22 pm »

Hm... Can't recall how fonts worked in that game. Anyone test for the usual capital 'i' / lowercase L trick?

Right, that's probably it.  Bottleneck people, be careful of this.  Do NOT admit anybody just because he has my name.  If my identity can't be confirmed here or on the IRC channel, then kill them.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 07, 2009, 03:17:55 pm »

To get past me, you must answer these questions three. Emporor who of Boat what? And what metal was a 'pointlessly large' Blazes?

Edit: Wow Loftar. Way to completely ignore my friendly hello.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:37:55 pm by sonerohi »

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 07, 2009, 03:38:39 pm »

I am mildly shamed in that I had to go refresh my memory of the name of said emperor.  But I remember now!

Speaking of shame, though unrelated, I am shamed that I know where Torak's sig comes from.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 07, 2009, 03:41:21 pm »

Has anyone tried building a cart inside a mine to test what the floor counts as?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 07, 2009, 04:21:16 pm »

Hell, has anybody tried to make a house in a mine?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 07, 2009, 04:29:59 pm »

Is anyone else getting ridiculous amounts of laaaaaaaaaag?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:27 pm »

I want to get into this, but I can't even connect to the server.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 07, 2009, 04:30:43 pm »

Did the server go down?

edit: yes, I believe it did go down. It's not lag, the game stopped updating. I got stuck mid-querning.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 07, 2009, 04:31:18 pm »

Yes, the server is down. Which probably means all of my basket organizing was for naught. Oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 171