Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 171

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth  (Read 209599 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth
« Reply #1050 on: June 06, 2009, 02:28:45 pm »

Are you in ring three Sean? If so the foxes are the same strength at my place and my village is on a cliff. Otherwise, you'd be moving inland to the weaker foxes of my area. Also, there are a crapload of arrows in a chest at the center of the village, which is very useful.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 06, 2009, 02:38:37 pm »

Yeah, probably in ring three. The first ring is right around Brodgar, right? With the brown ring being the second ring. If so, then I'm in the third, yes. I have my own pile of arrows (they're mostly stone though), and a decent activity going on already. The only thing I lack is a clay pit in any reasonable vicinity. I already have two trees "in project" on the table, some tanning effort, and in general a very comfortable place. I'm saving up for Yeomanry so I can keep it that way. Maybe later, if I'm bored (which is unlikely in this game's case).
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 06, 2009, 02:40:35 pm »

I don't know how it is officially, but we start with 0 for the circle around Brodgar.  Mostly because it isn't as much a ring as the others...  that would make the brown the first one, so you'd be in the second one.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 06, 2009, 02:45:45 pm »

I think of Brodgar as one, personally.

Sean- You don't have to move in, but you should come check out my place. It's quite hard to sway someone's mind without visual evidence, but believe me the sight of my settlement is an awe-striker of a thing.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 06, 2009, 02:51:17 pm »

I think I'll make a rug saying "Home sweet Home" at Tinyville. No matter how good someone else's settlement is, something you've made yourself is always better. But I'll check it out once I have a backpack - will you trade some bread for wrought iron?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 06, 2009, 02:54:30 pm »

I'll give you a spare backpack and some bread for wrought iron! I need oodles of the stuff.

I'll also trade roasted meats for cast iron. I've got a whole house full of straw baskets acting as a larder.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:57:25 pm by sonerohi »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 06, 2009, 02:58:29 pm »

Heh heh. I'd need to find a mine first.

Btw, with this thing being in Java - can it run on a cellphone? Or a PDA? For example, WinMobile-based? I'm guessing no, because I won't attempt it with how much traffic costs with my SP, but nevertheless - it has the potential to become the best mobile MMO there is.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 06, 2009, 02:59:43 pm »

Do you have any industry specilization?

Also, we can write on rugs now?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:03:18 pm by sonerohi »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 06, 2009, 03:02:55 pm »

I'm ever so slightly industrial. On the attitudes page, that is. Didn't know what the hell it was, but thought that "Industrial" sounded more promising. If you refer to skills, I don't have Steelmaking yet. I can easily take it now, but I have just 500 to go for Yeomanry, and I don't want to waste that.

edit - Oh, wait. Mixed it up with Swordcraft. No then, no steelmaking yet.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:05:43 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 06, 2009, 03:05:26 pm »

I was talking the beliefs page. You and I could form quite the team with the skills we have, and Dragooble is going to be joining my settlement sometime today. If we do team up, the yeomanry would be more important than steelmaking, because I could reduce my claim to the farming half of my settlement, and you could claim the huge as hell industry area.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 06, 2009, 03:08:30 pm »

Noticing your earlier edit: no, can't write on rugs. I don't even know how rugs are placed, never made one yet. But I suspect it would be possible to spell out "Home Sweet Home" with rugs or pavement.

Is there a way to roast fish? One would think there would be, but I've seen nothing to support the idea yet.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 06, 2009, 03:19:38 pm »

It'd be much easier with pavement. Rugs take 3 linen cloth. A single linen cloth takes 5 plant fiber's, and you get one of those from harvesting a flax plant or a hemp plant. And even then, rugs always place in a certain direction, so it would look awkward.

Fish can be eaten raw, I believe.

And to your mine finding dilemma, I'll say again: Got a mine at my place.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 06, 2009, 03:24:44 pm »

dang it. i got started back at bottleneck. oh well. the main reason i left anyway was the lack of trees anywhere. so i might just stay anyway.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 06, 2009, 03:26:41 pm »

Nooooooo, I need you Dragooble! You promised me that you would - :'(*sniffles* *cracked voice*
You promised me that you'd come to here!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 06, 2009, 03:29:58 pm »

ok. i'm trying to get steel stuff anyway, so i think i might get more if i come over there. more wrought iron at least.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 171