Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k:Space Marine Game  (Read 4549 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40k:Space Marine Game
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 06:10:13 am »

I can't wait to use my Wii-mote to swing a daemonhammer around and kill tons of Orks just b- ... oh wait. Hah.

But meh, the trailer is so stereotypical, that it just hurts. The music... the cutting... *yawns* seen it all, but I dunno. Game seems okay, if I had a 360, I'd get it. Though I hope they actually changed the Bolters from being UZIs (first gameplay trailer) to actual Bolters.
Also, doesn't seem like you could take part of big ass epic massive battles. Which Warhammer is all about. :I
BOlt Pistol. THat was a Bolt PISTOL.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 10:46:31 am »

Didn't somebody complain about the animation of the marine stabbing someone with a chain-sword? (basically a blunt metal club with chainsaw blades on the side)

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 11:02:35 am »

Bah. Anything with a chainsaw component should be plenty dangerous no matter how you apply it to flesh.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 01:42:20 pm »

True enough. This is why a Power Sword would be more effective, yet the alure to tearing your enemies apart with each slash of your chainsword is just so great, how can you not opt for one instead? Only a Daemonhammer would be more entertaining.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 02:19:28 pm »

Bah. Anything with a chainsaw component should be plenty dangerous no matter how you apply it to flesh.

This is the equivalent of trying to cut people with the weapon handle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »

The game does look like it's gone a long way since the trailer with the 300 and the cinemaction and all that garbage.

I don't think they'll change the bolter to a real bolter, that would make the melee combat(Which is the focus) unnecessary. 

I'm okay with Ultramarines, at least it's not Blood Ravens again, as someone said.
Shoes...

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 12:27:43 am »

I don't know. Charging into a mob of around 30 Orks and single handedly kicking HALF of their asses with a single swing, but still having another 600 or so waiting around the next corner (which shouldn't take so long to get to as the next swing will kill the other half of that mob) sounds like a good compromise.

Doesn't seem like Warhammer either. If they were this powerful, everyone would go SM in the tabletop, lol. I have no problem either with a good hack'n'slay game, but Orks don't die that easily! Not even from a Space Marine...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 01:51:54 am »

Looks like Dynasty Warriors but in space. That's not a bad thing though.

I think I would enjoy it more if I could play as the guy who presses the button to commence orbital bombardment.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 07:58:55 am »

I don't know. Charging into a mob of around 30 Orks and single handedly kicking HALF of their asses with a single swing, but still having another 600 or so waiting around the next corner (which shouldn't take so long to get to as the next swing will kill the other half of that mob) sounds like a good compromise.

Doesn't seem like Warhammer either. If they were this powerful, everyone would go SM in the tabletop, lol. I have no problem either with a good hack'n'slay game, but Orks don't die that easily! Not even from a Space Marine...
Thats not true. Everyoen goes space marine  :P . Hate those players. Even though I play SM. THough, at least I am not the Smurfs  ;). And these are "actual" Space Marines. If you read a novel, they are actual this good. And Orks aren't that amazing, IIRC
SPOILER:DONT LOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T OR ARE GOING TO READ DEATH OR GLORY
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meh

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 08:27:11 am »

Thats not true. Everyoen goes space marine  :P . Hate those players.

I think even worse are those Ork-kiddies, screaming "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!" everytime they finish their goddamn rounds.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 08:37:40 am »

Lol.

I hate those who yell HERESY every time I kill a guy.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 10:26:48 am »

Eh, might buy this, but why does it have to be Marines every time? I mean, c'mon, the IG can be badass too!
Can't we have a game where you play as a Guardsman? (Or even better, an PDF trooper.) Make a game out of the Cain books!
A Mass Effect-like game where you'd play as an Inquisitor would also be nice... *imagines*                                             
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 10:33:29 am »

PDF? They suck!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2009, 11:23:02 am »

Inquisition? They suck!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 11:35:15 am »

Didn't somebody complain about the animation of the marine stabbing someone with a chain-sword? (basically a blunt metal club with chainsaw blades on the side)

I believe that was me. I love how this game is painting Orks in the cannon-fodder light as opposed to the crazed green people who can take obscene amounts of punishment... light. If they were this weak why would the Empire even have been fighting them for this long.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4