Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Safehouses constantly "under siege"  (Read 2186 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Safehouses constantly "under siege"
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:19:46 am »

The two safehouses in my save were constantly getting attacked by the military, such that I had to jump between them fairly often.

Then one of them got raided while I wasn't there (or maybe one person I didn't care about was), and became "under siege" indefinitely.

Then it happened to the OTHER one.

So now, I'm stuck in the Homeless Shelter with nowhere to go because THAT'S getting raided.

Is it intended behavior for a safehouse to not stop being under siege?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
Re: Safehouses constantly "under siege"
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:45:38 am »

The two safehouses in my save were constantly getting attacked by the military, such that I had to jump between them fairly often.
They weren't `cooling off' because you were only using two.

Then one of them got raided while I wasn't there (or maybe one person I didn't care about was), and became "under siege" indefinitely.

Then it happened to the OTHER one.

So now, I'm stuck in the Homeless Shelter with nowhere to go because THAT'S getting raided.
You could buy an apartment or take over a crack house, you know.

Is it intended behavior for a safehouse to not stop being under siege?
No, this is being looked into, thanks for bringing it to our attention, I was pretty sure that we squashed this bug.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:54:54 pm »

Yeah, the military was probably just on to the fact that you're jumping between them. If they'd been smart, they'd have just stationed guards there, but they aren't programmed to do that. LiteralKa's suggestion of getting an apartment is good -- the expensive ones might help a lot.

The "safehouse is always under siege" bug was never fixed, but you should be able to get them away from it by toggling through the safehouses (not squads), and then hitting give up.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 04:02:24 pm »

I managed to completely forget about the fact that I could rent apartments.

*headdesk*

Oh, I also managed to take over a crackhouse. There's a bit of fridge logic involved, though. I mean, in order to take it over, you basically need to kill the conservative opposition. But there hardly is any there. In other words, you can't take it over because nobody's trying to stop you, which is sorta weird. You have to basically get the MASSIVE CONSERVATIVE RESPONSE going and kill enough of them.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 07:01:34 pm »

Can't you take it over by torching the place?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 11:32:37 am »

I don't know, I've never messed with molotovs.

After my first couple experiences with them (CCS goons invading), I am scared to death of the damn things. Can you use them safely without setting your own guys on fire?

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 12:00:09 pm »

*headdesk*

Oh, I also managed to take over a crackhouse. There's a bit of fridge logic involved, though. I mean, in order to take it over, you basically need to kill the conservative opposition. But there hardly is any there. In other words, you can't take it over because nobody's trying to stop you, which is sorta weird. You have to basically get the MASSIVE CONSERVATIVE RESPONSE going and kill enough of them.
Yep, that's how life works sometimes.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 12:01:37 pm »

*headdesk*

Well, it is a Crack Den, and the current owners of this Crack Den want to use it to actually sell Crack. You're going to have to find the leaders of the Crack Den and kill them in order to, you know, take it over.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 12:02:43 pm »

*headdesk*

Well, it is a Crack Den, and the current owners of this Crack Den want to use it to actually sell Crack. You're going to have to find the leaders of the Crack Den and kill them in order to, you know, take it over.
Why would the leaders be conservative?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 03:32:47 pm »

Because they're free-market capitalists!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 03:39:18 pm »

The free market is pretty decent when it's not based around capitalism. Too bad they're capitalists.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 03:44:22 pm »

The free market is pretty decent when it's not based around capitalism

bread is pretty decent when it's not based around grain

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 05:19:43 pm »

Because they're free-market capitalists!
Good point.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 12:01:49 am »

The free market is pretty decent when it's not based around capitalism

bread is pretty decent when it's not based around grain

I love corn bread!  But seriously, we could use some new Conservatives to run the Crack Houses, such as "Drug Lords", "Pimps", etc.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 02:41:23 pm »

*headdesk*

That's a fine sentiment, but if true, the game doesn't reflect it well.

I mean, especially since everybody's just randomly generated. It's not like you can just give a command to "take claim" of the warehouse and seek out the leader and kill him. You have to get the conservatives mad and hope you somehow stumble into enough conservatives before the "massive response" shows up. Of course, killing cops also lets you take it over, and I presume THEY aren't selling drugs.
Pages: [1] 2