Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Picky @&^$ Milkers  (Read 771 times)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Picky @&^$ Milkers
« on: May 28, 2009, 04:59:09 am »

An immigrant Milker got a fey mood, and he doesn't want any of the existing workshops. I have Kitchen, Still, Farmer's Workshop, Quern, Leather Works, Butcher's Shop, Tannery, Loom, Clothier's, Mason's, Mechanic's, and Carpenter's. What's more, his highest skill is Milker and 2nd highest is Grower, so i can't figure out waht the hell he wants.

Any ideas, or shall I prepare his tomb? :)

*Update: He wanted a Craftsdwarves' shop, for who knows what reason.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 05:04:23 am by Noble Digger »
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Picky @&^$ Milkers
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 05:02:28 am »

You have to note his highest moodable skill - milker and grower don't apply to moods.

If none, then a craftshop will be his target (which I don't see on the list...)

(Read the wiki for moodable skills.  Basically they are anything that produces a permanent object that is not a "middle step" - so nothing farm/food related, nothing like furnace or wood burner or hunter.)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 05:05:17 am »

My foodservice people have always gone for the Leather Works, on account of having dabbling tanner or dabbling butcher. This guy doesn't have either, so I guess he defaulted to crafts as you suggested.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 06:42:58 am »

By the way, if the only moodable skill they have is weapon maker or tanner, then they will claim a forge and become legendary weapon/armor smiths...something you might want to consider.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 06:59:42 am »

I usually just shift my milkers/cheesemakers to haulers, unless I am short on farmer/gatherers for some reason.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 08:22:58 am »

By the way, if the only moodable skill they have is weapon maker or tanner, then they will claim a forge and become legendary weapon/armor smiths...something you might want to consider.

Good source of standard quality silver practice weapons. (The hard part is never designating any other moodable labor!)