Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CORPSE and CORPSEPIECE reactions  (Read 505 times)

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
CORPSE and CORPSEPIECE reactions
« on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:56 am »

Hey fellow DF modders

Has anyone managed to get CORPSE or CORPSEPIECE reaction types to actually work? I've been trying various combinations for the past hour or so without any luck. They definitely exist because there are no errorlog messages, but I just can't get them to work as a reagent or product.

Chunks work fine as, for example, [REAGENT:1:REMAINS:NO_SUBTYPE:DWARF:NO_MATGLOSS]. Trying to apply similar logic to corpses does nothing however. Similarly CORPSEPIECE should logically work as CORPSEPIECE:(body part):DWARF:NO_MATGLOSS but I can't find any subtypes that produce anything in that slot.

Has anyone else ever had luck with these? I'm getting the impression these item tags are hopelessly broken.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: CORPSE and CORPSEPIECE reactions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:53:06 am »

I don't think so. If I remember back to when a lot of the tags dealing with chunks and bones and corpses were explored, not even Toady himself thought that the CORPSEPIECE tag would work. As for the CORPSE tag, no one really knows why that doesn't work. It is also hard to find out, as you can't embark with an arm of a corpse, so you can't use that to help you.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 04:48:27 pm »

Embark near a gcs. You'll have plenty of corpse pieces within seconds. That should do for testing, once the beast leaves/is baited away by a bait dwarf.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 05:16:02 pm »

i've already tested them extensively using an undead chasm with no luck so far. Looks like they are broken tags unfortunately. :(