Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 5265 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 01:37:44 pm »

During the Skynet war...

Dr. Brown works on a way of preventing the war, he comes up with a time-machine car.  His assistant Mcfly helps him build it.  They spend long-hours getting parts in dangerous wastelands with robots trying to kill them.  When they finish Dr. Brown was about to go back in time by himself to stop the war, but he is killed horribly by a Terminator, Mcfly rushes to the DeLorean and veers off and back to the past!  TO STOP THE WAR THEY KILLED HIS FAMILY AND DR. BROWN.  There he runs into John Connor and there they work to WIN THIS WAR BEFORE IT IS EVEN STARTED.  About T3 time.  Like saving that girl's stupid father before he kills everyone.

*cheers*  *wowoowwo*

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 08:12:31 pm »

SIIIIITCOOOOOM.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 08:15:37 pm »

TERMINATORS ARE JUST RIPPED OFF NECRONS.

GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF THE GOD EMPEROR.

HE IS YOUR SAVIOR.*

*this is not a fantical add in the name of the emperor. Do not let this fool you. Im not trying to get you to convert. But if you do, glory to the emperor, and he shall shield you. Results may vary.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 08:23:09 pm »

I'm starting to regret ever acting that batshit insane about Warhammer 40K in VN.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 08:26:42 pm »

I did it for teh lulz.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 09:47:25 pm »

I, for one, thought the movie was awesome, but then again, I give very large allowances to the Rule of Cool.  The one thing I really had a problem with was the whole causing a nuclear detonation by blowing up nuclear fuel cells with conventional bombs, but I can just imagine he said "extremely unstable" instead of "nuclear" and we're cool.   And the heart transplant, but that was at the very end, I can just close my eyes and go "lalalalalala"

That giant harvester thing near the beginning though.

Mmm, dat robot.
Shoes...

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 11:17:31 am »

off topic:Hey, MoonDancer, is that avatar a Luis Royo drawing?

on topic:
I preferred the TV show personally. It was much better scripted, and although it was prohibitively expensive to film, I felt that it was much smarter than the movie. I'd quite like for Scifi or someone else to bring it back (maybe they can stick it opposite Dollhouse's slot and see if it's ratings drop - hell, how many people would watch it just to see a show stick it to FOX - not that I'm insulting Dollhouse, I'm a big Whedon fan although Dollhouse admittedly isn't his best).
ahh, the internet, where all that you need to aquire the blueprints of war-capable submarines is an email account
Ironblood vs Morul. Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training. Nothing will survive.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 06:32:45 am »

Okay, I just seen this movie yesterday, and I LOVED it. It's a decent movie imo. It's funny that Rotten Tomatoes gave Terminator Salvation a 34%.  ::)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:28 pm »

Damn critics!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 02:32:40 pm »

Rotten Tomatoes is stupid.  It's been around since the glory days of Homestar.  Put it down, it's the only humane thing to do.
Shoes...

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 05:07:39 am »

Rotten Tomatoes or Homestar?

Both I would say.

Except for Strong Bad. Strong Bad is AWESOME.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 09:36:26 am »

Rotten Tomatoes is stupid.  It's been around since the glory days of Homestar.  Put it down, it's the only humane thing to do.
If the Great Old One says so. Well, humane thing.... lol
Is there any other good movie review site?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 11:50:47 am »

Yeah, the movie theatre.  Just watch the movie and decide for yourself.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 02:11:16 pm »

I fell asleep in the movie theater for this one. It was so stupid that my brain shut down. I must say: to enjoy this kind of show you need to lower your intelligence quotient and completely turn a blind eye to all the idiocy and illogical actions. And it's not like the action was particularly engaging as well, so unlike Die Hard 4 which I loved because it was balls-out insane with the action (though equally stupid in plot), this didn't really have any redeeming factors.

In fact, I can prove that the action was boring. I went into the movie with a couple of Chinese guys who can't speak a lick of English, so all they had to watch was the action, and yep. They thought it was boring too.

Man, two shitty movies in a row. First Angels and Demons. Now this. Even the expected sex scene was replaced by some shitty huggy cuddling thing.

And yeah, I was dragged into this show. No expectations whatsoever and I was expecting it to suck. Turns out it did suck and even my "no expectations whatsoever" stance couldn't redeem it.

P.s: If I were Skynet, here's what I would do. Send 500 robotic mosquitoes with anthrax virus injections back in time to hunt John Connor. At the same time, send suicide robot with nuclear payload to self-detonate when it finds John Connor.

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 06:25:33 pm »

To be fair, if Skynet was smarter it would send soldiers back in time to kill Sarah Connor's parents. Wouldn't have heavy enough firepower to take him on properly then...
ahh, the internet, where all that you need to aquire the blueprints of war-capable submarines is an email account
Ironblood vs Morul. Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training. Nothing will survive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4