Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, Ruler died... now what?  (Read 1210 times)

ampillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Video Stuffs!
So, Ruler died... now what?
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:29:07 pm »

Long story short, I got my Queen (Urist McDiedfrominsanity) way earlier than I'd wanted her, and in trying to build up enough materials to create a royal room for her, she decided to go nuts. She's dead now... so, what's next? I know reading through history files that they usually appoint a new one or her offspring would inherit the throne... will I know when that'll happen? Will that daft bastard try to show up here too?

Teferi

• Bay Watcher
  • Planeswalker
    • View Profile
Re: So, Ruler died... now what?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »

First off I doubt that they'll tell you, secondly he won't show up. I've had this happen to me as well
I think it'd be better to just throw him in a pit.
By pit I mean "ledge designated as pit some 30 levels above the ground water magma" and that would,as they say be the end of that.
Unless a sword/axedwarf gets to 'em.. then it's rhesus pieces...

a.random.persona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:36:39 pm »

I had my king killed by demons, in year 3 ( I hit Adamantine early) and when I got up to the time a king is supposed to come I got a queen come with royal consort and all of that.

ampillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Video Stuffs!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:55:07 pm »

Alright, was just wondering if I'd have to worry about having to continue to make the room loaded with expensive, high dwarfbuck-valued junk just in case a replacement shows up.

I just find it a little funny that noone seems to have cared that the ruler of the civilization just croaked. Oh, Queen's dead? Toss her in that box, I gotta go smelt two hundred more magnetite ore.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 11:03:45 pm »

No-one cares if you cage your King\Queen and sell him\her to the Elves, why would they care if he\she was dead?

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:53 am »

Legends mode seems to run for the rest of the year after your fort is abandoned, I think that is the only time that new leaders can be appointed, if any.

ampillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Video Stuffs!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 04:50:02 am »

No-one cares if you cage your King\Queen and sell him\her to the Elves, why would they care if he\she was dead?

At least in that case, dwarves profit and they're still alive. Minute they let the queen out of her cage? Bam, necklace made of long ears.