Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Let's get a Diablo 2 group going, for nostalgia's sake  (Read 4238 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Let's get a Diablo 2 group going, for nostalgia's sake
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:22:28 pm »

::) I've lost more hours to diablo 2 than any other game I've ever played... so naturally, let's get a DF diablo2 group going.

I'm thinking about just playing Open, so we can play on any realm and swap, and not worry. I'm sure we can trust each other not to cheat.

Unless you guys want to focus on USWest/East and get a closed group going.

Also, Diablo2 discussion in here :)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's get a Diablo 2 group going, for nostalgia's sake
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:01:36 pm »

Well, can you give me a pitch of the game?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 10:10:01 pm »

Carrot on a stick at its finest.

I wish I could,but so long as my disk drive remains broken it ain't happening.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:40:05 pm »

I actually have to pitch D2? Kids these days. :P

It's sold as an "Action-Role playing game", but honestly, it's isometric hack n' slash at it's finest. Diablo3 is coming out in... well.. blizzard time frame so I'd give it a few years. So now I'm dusting off my copy of D2.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 11:14:10 pm »

I tried playing it a while back, gotta say: did not age very well. Highest resolution was like 800x600 and even that looked jaggy and muddled to me

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 11:30:28 pm »

Hmm... The only problems I get nowadays. Or at least the last time I could play it,I only had trouble with the game getting choppy in the arcane sanctuary or during rain.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 11:40:01 pm »

I'd totally play with you but.. I think I've played all Blizzard games right down into the ground. I've started up so many new characters on D2 and leveled them over the course of 4 years that it's pathetic. Now all I can do is stare at the class selection screen and drool, nothing seems interesting.

The exception here is Warcraft III, but that is sure getting old now too.  :'(

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 12:08:42 am »

Ever think about playing strange classes that typically don't get played because they're not "optimal"?

Like Ranger, pala with a bow, enchant melee sorc, javelin barb, melee/poison necro etc.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 12:33:56 am »

Yes, I've even tried a few times but failed miserably. It's not so much the class variation that I'm bored with, just the skill trees. I get like that with a lot of games  ???

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 01:19:50 am »

I've got D2 and LoD, ages since I played.  I never really got into multiplayer, I was much too polite for public Battle.net games.  Hell, for competitive multiplayer gaming in general.

I do remember one time where I edited a character so heavily that, when equipped with his custom magical bardiche, he had his damage go too high and roll over to 1-2.  If I took away the bardiche, of course, then he did enough damage punching stuff that he could have lined up seventeen Diablos and killed them all with one good smack.

Last time I played was with a druid that had gotten all the way to Diablo and then stopped dead.  He was summon-based, which meant he didn't have any pumped spells to take down Diablo himself.  And, of course, the Lord of Terror eats summoned creatures for teatime.

I might be convinced to start up a werewolf-focused druid, but I really just don't have time for that right now.  I might open up around mid-June, but that all depends on how long it takes me to finish off the final Sandy Fjord updates (provided I manage to kick myself into doing them so quickly, that is).

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 01:56:13 am »

Unfortunately, d2 with expansion is too easy for me.
Been playing with the mods eastern sun or Median XL. In eastern sun you can set the monsters to 16x rather than the normal 8x.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 02:15:22 am »

I'm willing to play. I have D2 And LoD. I think I'll try an Elementalist Druid for a change.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 02:29:22 am »

I dragged this game out recently for a few days.  Got about midway through Act 2 before I decided to make it stop wasting my life D:
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 02:29:58 am »

Okay, my account name is KaelGotRice - currently on USEast closed but let me know if you already have an account on West or somewhere else.

EDIT: Waste your life with me! D:

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 04:54:25 am »

I tried playing it a while back, gotta say: did not age very well. Highest resolution was like 800x600 and even that looked jaggy and muddled to me
I think you can set it to 1024*768, but it could be that you have to do it outside of game in some obscure setup program that runs on chicken blood. But it works.

I kind of enjoyed playing d2, if we could get a half decent group going, I'd probably join in. But I actually hope my body heals fast enough so I can go outside again, same with nwn  ;D Dont wanna play games with weather that nice...

Speaking of healing: I always used to play a healer class in d2, which got a lot of people to hate me, in public games :D There's no real room for a healer in d2, but wtf I enjoyed it. Paladin with meditation aura (which regenerates everybodies mana). Meditation triggers the healing aura (which regenerates health) and the friggin runestick I forgot the name. Basically does the same trick, so you run around with stacked healing aura. Fire healing bolts for good measure.

I think I got something wrong... I think the stick has meditation active and the pala cleansing, but both trigger healing, so you get double healing aura. No skill description tells you it works, but it does  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4