Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Shortest Paranormal game EVER  (Read 44589 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Terror at Lake Araluga
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2009, 12:07:43 pm »

webadict won it for the town once, he should be able to do it again.

Org

Btw: what is a hammer vote?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2009, 12:09:53 pm »

The Hammer vote in Paranormal Mafia is the last person to vote for someone. Basically, a set Hammer vote is saying that that person is willing to take the risk that the person being lynched is a Warlock.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2009, 12:10:35 pm »

ok, thanks.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:07 pm »

Org

What an odd thing to say: You say I won last time, yet nothing about whether I'm trustworthy or not? Only a Doppelganger would know I'm Town (And therefore, defeated on saving a brethren), in which case I deduce you as being a Doppelganger.

I would like the Agent to check Kashyyk. He and Frelock are of whom I'm suspicious. Those are my four suspects as of now: Org, inaluct, Kashyyk, and Frelock (Though, least of all). If these are the Dopps, I give myself kudos, and I call some sort of reward, but this is only an educated guess.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2009, 12:26:30 pm »

Ah, shucks, webadict.
I will vote org, on the understanding that if org is a townie webadict will post some grand bullshit about how he is not a dopp/exterminator and how he 'gets it now' and explains that 'so-and-so is actually a dopp, and mislead me by doing this-and-this', and convinces the entire town to vote with him, avoiding his death.
Ah, who am I kidding. Everyone knows that every investigative role on every side will check you tonight, web. You'll either have a town base set up  be dead by a dopp's hand tommorow, but in an undead town base, or you'll be found out.
Then again the dopps will probably not kill you regardless to raise suspicion.
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2009, 12:46:47 pm »

Ah, shucks, webadict.
I will vote org, on the understanding that if org is a townie webadict will post some grand bullshit about how he is not a dopp/exterminator and how he 'gets it now' and explains that 'so-and-so is actually a dopp, and mislead me by doing this-and-this', and convinces the entire town to vote with him, avoiding his death.
Ah, who am I kidding. Everyone knows that every investigative role on every side will check you tonight, web. You'll either have a town base set up  be dead by a dopp's hand tommorow, but in an undead town base, or you'll be found out.
Then again the dopps will probably not kill you regardless to raise suspicion.

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be the WIFOM. But, I'd kinda prefer I didn't get investigated, because if there's an EA with a Plasam Bomb, he's pretty much just killed every power role we have (Because I'll be shot by someone.) Well, not the Telepath, but he has a limit to his power. (I'm fine with being the target of both the Telepath AND the Psychic Warden, since the Psychic Warden stops me from acting (Therefore, I can't do any actions), and the Telepath will get my true intent (Which, if I were a Doppelganger, would be kill.) without any repercussions. Unless I had a Mind Shield... So, that's what the Newsie is for. To prove I didn't go anywhere... Unless I was a Telepathic Mind Shield Dopp... Stupid mixed roles...

If the Dopps wanna kill me, I'm wishing them a good luck. If they don't I plan on lynching more of them. The real question is this: Am I more of a threat alive or dead? They can choose. Doctors need not save me.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2009, 02:34:14 pm »

Don't worry Webadict, I trust the AWV not to attack you so you should be fine tonight.

And against that accusation of yours? You were the EA last game but you still helped the town to win, and anyway there is a 3 - 1 chance you arn't a dopp anyway. But having said that murphy's law says that you now will be one but that could be said of me aswell.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2009, 02:46:30 pm »

Well, maybe by posting the current vote count I'll throw the suspicion off myself.
Huh? Poor choice of words.

Pandar.  You know better than to insult a newbie... Be a bit more patient.
I mean the Day ends tomorrow. That's not very long. We're still going through random votes. I have analyses to... analyze. I need to know every detail, in hope that my plans end those Dopps.
Has anyone else realized that web is assuming his own doom tonight?
I would like to suggest a Day Extension.
QFT.  Vote For day extension

Solifuge? is that you?  Why so quiet?
I vote Twiggie in retribution.
You know this is called OMGUS and it's a scumtell right?
I hope your not thinking of murdering me Pandar.
HUH???? Why do you think he would murder you?  Do you think he is a dopp?
FOS TheToe
Hi guys. I haven't got any suspicions so I vote no lynch. Do with this what you will.
dude... that's not enough.  Remember that that type of play calls for a lynch.
Actually, I did PM him on another site. It's some Dakka Forums Orc 40k thing. I was going to ask if Meph would take an absentee ballot, but I'm unmuted now.

Vote Okenido for trying to lynch me while I was muted. What the hell, man? I'll write more later, I'm in a hurry now.
Really inaluct? :? That's reason enough to lynch him?
FOS inaluct
Everyone, vote Org. I will show you my investigative power. Org is a Doppelganger.
Are you talking about your skills?

More reasons why Org is probably scum:
web: blah blah blah, Org
Org: huh? me? ???
Web: Yes, you! dopp!
org: huh? why?
web: *sigh* You because blah blah (I rule!) blah blah
org: So, Why can't I be townie... *sniff*

The common newb (or somewhat newb) scum tell... Playing disoriented instead of getting agressive because you are afraid of being lynched.
Are there any other votes for a day Extension? I won't do that for just one person.
YES!
However, webadict, if Org's a townie, consider yourself FoS'ed.
Do you think he will be a townie?  Is he the most likely lynch? is there anyone else you find suspicious?
Quote from: Webadict"
Feel free to FoS me if he's not. But that'd be rather dumb of me, even if I were Mafia.
Meh.  Don't wifom.  You could do ANYTHING as scum.
I love how Alexhans jumped on the band wagon right after you thought I was mafia.

I am not Mafia.
I love it too.

You're SO convincing.

Why are you voting okenido?

Org

what if he is scum this time?  hammer is the final vote, the one needed for a lynch.
Quote from: Webadict
What an odd thing to say: You say I won last time, yet nothing about whether I'm trustworthy or not? Only a Doppelganger would know I'm Town (And therefore, defeated on saving a brethren), in which case I deduce you as being a Doppelganger.
LOL web... You've gotten pretty agressive thanks to IRC.  I welcome the change.
Don't let him fool you then.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2009, 02:46:50 pm »

You're suspicious of me?  I just found your arguments reasonable.  If it's bandwagoning you accuse me of, I've done that multiple times as town when I have no idea who's mafia, so it's not really a tell for me.  Call it educated guess voting.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2009, 02:52:07 pm »

Frelock... We need audacity, we need players who don't necessarily follow the best players, we need people who think and are creative and post ideas and accusations and questions...

We need PEOPLE TO PLAY MAFIA!

Stop with the shyness... We won't lynch you for trying to make cases.  We will probably lynch you if you don't.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:35 pm »

I am confused about what everyone is saying. :I

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2009, 03:00:40 pm »

Everyone is going incredibly in depth to prove that certain people are or are not dopp's, thats all.

No offence against you guys of course, I think it's great that you doing it.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2009, 03:07:03 pm »

I am confused about what everyone is saying. :I

More reasons why Org is probably scum:
web: blah blah blah, Org
Org: huh? me? ???
Web: Yes, you! dopp!
org: huh? why?
web: *sigh* You because blah blah (I rule!) blah blah
org: So, Why can't I be townie... *sniff*
Let's add:
Org: I'm confused...  :-\

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2009, 03:47:55 pm »

Quote from: Alexhans
1337 M4F14
Clap clap clap.
Note to new people; alexhans does this regardless of alignment. Don't let his skillz cloud your opinions of him.
Regarding people following suit; not gonna happen. I couldn't really be bothered. I would probably come to the same conclusions as you anyway. I will stick to making cases against people on a case-by-case basis.
Long Live United Forenia!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2009, 03:52:18 pm »

Quote from: Alexhans
1337 M4F14
Clap clap clap.
Note to new people; alexhans does this regardless of alignment. Don't let his skillz cloud your opinions of him.
What does 1337 M4F14 mean?  Develop what you're saying here please.  I don't really follow.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27