Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Shortest Paranormal game EVER  (Read 44513 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Shortest Paranormal game EVER
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2009, 08:50:06 pm »

Both Frelock and I seemed to check Inaluct with our Scanners. :O

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2009, 08:51:17 pm »

Night 3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dopp Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/7BMZViWVvMwQ6
Dead Chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/UvvbFBLv5XXE
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 12, 2009, 08:56:18 pm »

I thought Arch was talking about the dopp seeker. :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 12, 2009, 08:57:40 pm »

Wow, 3 Dopples dead in one day... That's the most I've seen yet. Excellent Town use of an Agent Seeker Alien; by working out a deal with them to help them find the Agent, in exchange for abducting possible Dopples... very nice. Also rather glad CJ lied about my role to Nuke; otherwise, I'd have been abduction-killed!

I'd like to give Web and CJ kudos for a great alliance and an interesting new strategy, with the Unconfirmed Mason Groups. However, I thought that the use of Unique IPs that each chat got was using Metagame Knowledge against the Dopple Team, and was pretty cheep. I'm a bit mad too, because I thought about that possibility, but my compy has a roaming IP, and thus added the 10+ Unique Hits that caused WA to suspect that our group was home to a Dopple or two.

I'm a bit bummed by what happened with my Bluff to WA; I fully intended to Protect him during the night, but sadly was absent that Night, and Meph took other player's suggestions for my action instead. I don't know how much of a chance I'd have had anyway, though, so it is what it is.

Also, to answer Webadict's question from earlier: I "knew" you weren't the Detective early on because there was next to no way you'd let an unconfirmed player like myself in on that kind of info unless you were trying to bait me... and Zai later confirmed that you were the Warlock. That's why we didn't attempt to kill you early on, but later sent Twiggie because he was living on borrowed time.

At any rate, Good Game to all!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:09:10 pm by Solifuge »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 12, 2009, 09:02:33 pm »

However, I thought that the use of Unique IPs that each chat got was using Metagame Knowledge against the Dopple Team, and was pretty cheep. I'm a bit mad too, because I thought about that possibility, but my compy has a roaming IP, and thus added the 10+ Unique Hits that caused WA to suspect that our group was home to a Dopple or two.

I'm proud to have noticed that. :I

Here are the chats I had access to:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/63mZSSvdeFr5
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/cZqGPYeSkmk4

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2009, 09:53:59 pm »

Ah, good game. I'm touched by the fact that the dopps considered me a threat, despite the fact that all I had was a snooper bot, so I was basically just a surrogate reporter. All I managed to figure out from that was that pandar was probably the AMV.

Here's the link to the "unconfirmed mason group" of the newish mafia players: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/xLexk2wUDUJQ4
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2009, 12:09:47 am »

I was a ghost 4th round?  Man, why am I never killed in mafias?

Also rather glad CJ lied about my role to Nuke; otherwise, I'd have been abduction-killed!

Yes, you wouldn't want to be left to my...tender mercies... [insert evil laugh here]
All generalizations are false....including this one.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2009, 01:29:38 am »

HIGHSCORE BABY! YEAH! I want to see you beat that!

Two odd things I want to point out, no one noticed that I lied about the reporter! There was no reporter! I just said that to try to get Solifuge to confess. How I knew Twiggie was a dopp was because Pandar attacked him, and he was protected.

Next, Twiggie, why did you attack Webadict when you KNEW that he was a warlock? Were you just suicidal at that point? or did you think that he was an alien with a holoformer?

I'm really glad Rysith finally took the place of Okenido and roleclaimed Detective, so now I had the last dopp placed as either Zai, or him. I knew beforehand that the chance of Zai being a dopp was very high BECAUSE of Solifuge "knowing" that Webadict wasn't the detective, and I thought "Who did I send to investigate Webadict last night... ZAITHEMASTER!" which led me to believe that he was the last dopp.

HOWEVER! Upon checking Zai's profile, I found that at the beginning of day 3, he had not been logged on for 2 days, so he COULDN'T have been the dopp because he wasn't around to share the info he had received. Confused, I sent Meph a quick PM asking if he ever gives the dopps the info of all the dopps in one giant PM, to which he replied "maybe", so I knew Zai was not cleared!

I killed Rysith, just in case there was any gap in my reasoning, and I could kill them both without risk.

Lastly, I'm sorry I ruined the ghost role for everyone else by totally abusing the hell out of it. I feel I made this game less fun by absorbing everyone's responsibilities as my own, and I apologize. I'll go discuss it in the rules discussion.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2009, 02:03:31 am »

As a member of the town your goal is to ensure town victory and you took the most assured path to this. Don't worry about it. The role itself is the problem.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2009, 05:17:00 am »

CJ, you handled the Ghost bit really well, while concordantly proving that it's a bit imbalanced as it currently exists.

Hmm, it would seem that a lot of how the last day went hinged on the fact that I protected Twiggie instead of Webadict as I had planned... In hindsight, I wish that Meph hadn't let my allies choose my action while I was absent.

Curiosity begs to wonder how things would have gone differently had I Protected WA. Twiggie would have been dead, and non-protected, I wouldn't have claimed to "know" WA wasn't a Detective, etc. Zai and I may have been able to dodge the bullet... though CJ may have pulled the "Reporter" card and tried to pin us either way, just based on suspicions.

Damn, for operating on little investigation, and a lot of gut instinct, you guys did pretty well!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2009, 05:24:38 am »

The one problem I had is that every power role was basically forced to turn over control to the Knowledge Monopolist Ghost.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 13, 2009, 05:26:27 am »

To elaborate: I stopped "playing" on Day 2, when I sent my role to chaoticjosh and just didn't pay attention any more, because I didn't have to. All I did was paraphrase my night report to Josh and reply to his PMs of my commands with a "Go ahead and do what he says, Meph," attached.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2009, 05:38:45 am »

Actually Solifuge, there's alot of little details I keep leaving out that would have implicated Zai as a dopp anyway.

Since both Zai and Rysith claimed detective, I knew one of them was lying, and one thing I didn't tell anyone was that Rysith/Okenido didn't investigate anyone Night 2.

What I mean by this: I had Alex (a confirmed human telepath) investigate Rysith/Okenido on the off chance that Okenido was being a retarded PWV (as I didn't know at the time), and I didn't want any of my hands-on investigators getting killed. He got "find" which made me think he was the reporter at the time, but once he claimed detective and he told me that he didn't investigate anyone night 2, then I knew Zai was the dopp.

My reasoning: Telepaths would only get "find" for a dopp detective IF and only IF they used their powers for that night. So if Rysith was indeed a dopp, he was also clairvoyant to know that such a small detail would clear him of most of my suspicion.

So, not to be arrogant, if you had protected WA, you'd actually be worse off because: Day 3, Twiggie'd be found dead, we'd lynch you without fuss (as I didn't actually have a reporter to give me contradictive information), then I'd deduce who the last dopp was from the information that was independant of you.

And yeah, Pandar's right, the moment I took the reigns, even WA seemed to stop caring. He only started bugging Solifuge at my behest and probably would have sat out the game had I not. So the ghost needs to be ex(or)cised, or altered drastically.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2009, 06:42:41 am »

yeah, we figured i'd be lynched the next day anyways :p

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2009, 09:22:36 am »

Heh...  Good Game Josh and Web...

Ghost is TOO unbalanced... not that much fun...

I'm glad I voted for 3 dopps on day 1...

I even knew that Webadict was some sort of paranoid war vet... He was all the time calling for his kill.  I NEVER would've killed him. 

Me voting Web the final day was a naive gambyt to try and lure the last dopp out.

Note to self: Solifuge is ALWAYS Scum :P

Now you people understand that Twiggie was scum???? Excessive appeal to newb and too much smileys...

No one trusted my judgement there (Pandar, R1ck, Nuke)... but I was right!  And had Josh not told me to check Okenido... I would've inspected Twiggie.

NEVER LET A NEWB PULL THE NEWB CARD IN FRONT OF YOU!

More reasons why Org is probably scum:
web: blah blah blah, Org
Org: huh? me? ???
Web: Yes, you! dopp!
org: huh? why?
web: *sigh* You because blah blah (I rule!) blah blah
org: So, Why can't I be townie... *sniff*

The common newb (or somewhat newb) scum tell... Playing disoriented instead of getting agressive because you are afraid of being lynched.
I am confused about what everyone is saying. :I
Let's add:
Org: I'm confused...  :-\
^^THIS is very relevant to finding scum. 

Check this quote
Do I think Org is a dopp? Possibly.  But what if I'm wrong...? Should I stop scumhunting and just waggon like all of you?  NO.
This is IMPORTANT.  You people rely on finding ONE dopp and stop scumhunting after a lynch looks likely... you HAVE to keep on.

Solifuge's pm to me was a bad idea for him because I INMEDIATLY sent it to josh.  Later I faked believing him (warning web and josh about what I was doing)

Be careful with your WIFOM as scum... You are better self-hammering and shutting the hell up sometimes...

Im a dopp. Nothing I can do. Just end it.

Meh. Although it looks like my Dopp friend wouldnt vote me.
Oh, bad show old chap. Now we all know that those who didn't vote for you are innocent*

*Ok, we don't really. Still, terrible bluffing. So terrible it is obviously double.
WAIT SHIT WIFOM
NOOOOOO
* NUKE9.13 gets sucked into the tear in logical reality
Curse you, burrrridaaaan!

lol.  Totally right... XD

If Org flips scum we KNOW someone bussed him today.

Twiggie is also someone we should keep an eye on.  I still think he is scum.

The Whiteboard

Org: webadict, Zaithemaster, Frelock, Solifuge, R1ck, Alexhans, Kashyyk, Inaluct, Pandarsenic, Nuke9.13
R1ck: TheToeBighter98

My "unconfirmed mason crappy group" name "the big four"
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27