Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Healing  (Read 1213 times)

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Healing
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:27:35 pm »

How long does it take to heal a bright yellow hand wound? My champion has been bed-ridden for almost a year now, but his broken hand hasn't even changed to moderately wounded, and he's still bed-ridden. He has got no other injuries and is superdwarvingly though, mighty and unbelievingly agile. (or something like that)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Healing
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:30:43 pm »

Superdwarvenly tough and a yellow wound is stopping him? Normally someone that tough would heal it before even feeling it. Regardless of toughness, a wound gets a chance to heal at the start of each season. It shouldn't take long, but the RNG is annoying sometimes.

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 12:32:23 pm »

darn had i known about this early today my military would have  about 7 more dwarves.
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 02:27:11 pm »

darn had i known about this early today my military would have  about 7 more dwarves.
That would qualify as a face palm.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 03:35:33 pm »

You euthanized them for having yellow wounds?

stummel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 03:42:00 pm »

You euthanized them for having yellow wounds?

y not?

Daki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 04:18:38 pm »

Have you checked for any bolts stuck in his hand?As far as I know,wounds won't heal if there are weapons stuck in them.
That,or the lazy bastard's slacking off and enjoying the easy life!He likes having food and water delivered to his bed,I say flood his room with magma!That ought to teach any other stubborn healers....  ;D

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »

Have you checked for any bolts stuck in his hand?As far as I know,wounds won't heal if there are weapons stuck in them.

Correct, and I shutter to think how many dwarves of mine never healed due to me not knowing that.

To remove a stuck weapon (could be a spear, bolt, etc.) you need to go into the dwarves inventory, select the item and dump it, and you need to have a dump zone designated somewhere. Someone will come along and yank it out of him and he should heal up reasonably quickly.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 02:05:21 am »

i've had dwarves heal with bolts and arrows stuck in them. once they are healed they just remove it and throw it on the floor.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 02:11:49 am »

i've had dwarves heal with bolts and arrows stuck in them. once they are healed they just remove it and throw it on the floor.

This is correct from similar experiences I've had.

To the OP, I don't know what it is about hands, but they always take forever to heal for me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 02:37:21 am »

y not?

No, you did the right thing.  Always best to just destroy when it takes time to read or ask questions.  Well played.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 02:55:26 am »

y not?

No, you did the right thing.  Always best to just destroy when it takes time to read or ask questions.  Well played.
y so srs?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 05:00:28 am »

Jus cuz.