Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50

Author Topic: Monster Defence! Under New Management  (Read 47686 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Defence!
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2009, 09:41:12 pm »

I shoot the zombie south of Org, or, if its already killed, the one southeast of me.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2009, 11:32:02 pm »

I don't know who is shooting who here, but Strife will take up a two handed shooting posistion, then carefully aim and fire a single shot at the nearest zombie's head (he's got sharpshooter and genre savvy). If it goes down, he'll fire once at the second nearest, otherwise, one more aimed shot.

"I'm not sure how well this particular handgun'll shoot. I wish that I would have had time to match it or get a dispersal. I'll fire a couple of careful shots and see how she shoots."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2009, 03:55:21 am »

I aim at the nearest zombie my bullets can chew on and FIRE!

Oh, using both pistols.

And I'm not moving.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2009, 05:33:43 am »

E E shoot nearest zombie, shoot nearest zombie, shoot nearest zombie

P.S.
 Sorry about the slow response, my internet connection threw a tantrum...

P.P.S.
 I don't mind being set to autopilot if I am delaying the game...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2009, 12:07:53 pm »

The first wave was a bloody massacre. Barrack carefully aimmed and fired. he misses his origanal target, but the bullet hits the one behind it, and looked like it did a lot of damage, but the zombie was still standing.

Ferik fires several rounds into the zombie in front of him. One shot misses, but it is still enough to bring it down, getting the first kill. He also notes that his gun is making a strange noise.

Archangel notes that he can't shoot pass RAM, so he decides to take a potshot at a zombie on the other side of the screen. the shot hits, but it did not seem to do a lot of damage

Emperor move out of the cover of the security office, and proceeds to fire at a zombie. a shot goes wild, but he get two direct hits, sending the creature back to hell

Oscar wastes no time in bringing out the big gun, and fires at the zombie infront of him. It explodes into gore, even causing one of its arms to to go flying.  the people watching are entertained by this, and decide to give him a small bonus for his overkill.

Cheeetar magicly teleports to where he wanted to be in the first place, learning a valuable lession that you can move and shoot in the same turn. he fires at one of the remaining zombies, but leans what a horrible shot he is. two bullets are wide, but he get one in and does some damage.

Strife take the smart decision and is careful with his shots, hold his gun in both hands (although in my opinion it just make him look stupid from up here). He take one shot at the zombie right of him, and its head explodes like an overripe melon. he then moves on to the one left of him, and kill that one as well.

RAM and IWM decide to save bullets

Org: 1 kill, 1 PP for first kill

Emperor: 1 kill

Pandarsenic: 1 kill, overkill bonus

Strife: 2 kills, 1 PP for double kill.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2009, 12:46:52 pm »

Is the wave over?
If not, I move against the east wall and then move forward until I can shoot a zombie.

Can we shoot zombies off the screen?

Oh, and congratulations Strife!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 12:52:06 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2009, 01:57:15 pm »

I stand, face north, moonwalk south, face west, moonwalk east, face south, and go prone again.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2009, 02:29:15 pm »

Wave 1 is over. it was ment as a test wave. the store will be up, so you can spend your hard earned cash (although i think only Pandarsenic would have enough to actually buy anything).

I think i made the pistol a little too strong, considering you guys mopped the floor with the zombies. should i decease the range or the damage?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2009, 03:02:01 pm »

Nope. Guns are supposed to be able to kill people from a long range. I'd suggest that you restrict them to carrying one clip for it at a time, make the map bigger, and add lots of zeds.

Thanks for the praise RAM.  ;D

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2009, 03:09:18 pm »

I'd actually recommend reducing its rate of fire to 2/turn with no penalty but nothing else.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2009, 04:42:29 pm »

Is the store posted yet? I'd like to start to figure out what I'm saving up for.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »

Yeah, guns are supposed to be deadly.
You might reduce the rate of fire.  Don't reduce the range, it's already ridiculously short (I realize it's for balance reasons, but...).  Keep the clips.  We (I) spent money on those capacity upgrades, and you can carry a surprising amount of ammo, especially if it's something tiny, like .22.
You could reduce the power, call it a .22 or something.  I saw Olympic arms is rereleasing the Whitney Wolverine; sleek, cool, futuristic-looking .22 pistol.
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37&vmcchk=1&Itemid=37

The other thing is, I think you need more zmobie.  Lots more zmobies.  Traditionally, they've only been a threat in large, large numbers.  I'm not saying we should face a full horde yet, but...

How much money do we get?  What can we buy?
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2009, 08:44:36 pm »

Wild Goose, you're evil. Where am I going to get $291 to buy a cool weapon like that?
And that website sells 1911's too!

As far a balancing goes, the problem is that guns should be able to reliably take down people at decent ranges. To solve the problem, we could reduce ammo capacity (which we don't want to do), increase the zombie numbers by a lot (and possibly increase range, depending on how many spaces the zombies move per turn, we killed them to fast . . . but one should be able get at least three groupings off before they're on top of us.), or we could definitivly call the pistols .22's and throw in some bigger zombies who would shrug off  such little bullets.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2009, 08:46:09 pm »

Yeah, it seems about right that 2 rounds from a pistol can destroy a basic zombie. Although if the pistol fires 3 rounds how many can an automatic weapon fire? Or will that be abstracted out in higher damage, while shots will remain an indication of how quickly you can change targets?

How much for starwars technology? The guns are kind of lame and the walkers are kind of lame for tank-equivalents but light-sabers would have to be good against zombies, almost as good as an open torch...
Read the First Post!

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2009, 08:54:15 pm »

Oh!  Terrain.
Guns have a high range, but if we get dropped off in a dense city, or indoors, we lose the range advantage.  Twisty corridors; kinda like what you use in Dwarf Fortress to keep your soldiers/war dogs from getting pincushioned by enemy archers.
Of course, that's a pain in the ass for the GM to set up.  And make it a little harder for us to set up a proper fort for ourselves (or at least make us have to be sneakier).

On the plus side, it'd let the GM set up 'Odessa Steps' with zombies.  It fits, since this is kinda like WWI with zombies; walk very slowly toward the enemy trenches/fortifications.  ;D

Yeah, I thought that gun just looked really cool.
Man, what irritates me is when I read gun magazines, and they're talking about 'dirt-cheap' self-defense pistols, for a 'measly' $500+.

Hah, if we have wimpy guns, with short range and 5 round clips, we can handwave it by blaming my character for bringing back the Assault Weapons Ban.  ;D
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50