Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50

Author Topic: Monster Defence! Under New Management  (Read 47677 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Defence! Under New Management
« Reply #660 on: February 04, 2010, 07:34:57 pm »

You can have that; you still have 2 bandage uses.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 05, 2010, 12:01:19 am »

I'll shoot the nearest zed if I can, otherwise I'll move East as far as I can.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 05, 2010, 12:08:54 am »

Cheeetar: Shoot twice SE. 2 AP wasted.

Actually, yes. I'll move north as much as possible after shooting as much as possible.

Of course, I'm assuming 2 AP is enough to walk a square.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 05, 2010, 12:28:27 am »

1 AP = 1 move. I think I wrote that somewhere. Maybe in the status post.

Anyway, updating tomorrow.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 05, 2010, 03:45:52 am »

Shoot twice SE, Move 2 north.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 05, 2010, 08:19:49 pm »

Descriptions are above the pictures that they describe.

Strife tries to go northwest, but Hasuin and Oscar Wilde block his way - he goes west instead. (Also added wounds that I forgot to add before in this pic) (9 AP left)
RAM equips a bandage instead of his knife (3 AP) and binds up Strife's wounds (6 AP). Strife is fully healed! (1 AP left)

RAM goes south with his last action point.
Strife flees, flees for his life! (1 AP left, wasted)
Meanwhile, Emperor equips a bandage, replacing his knife (3 AP), fixes up his shoulder (3 AP), and heads northwest (1 AP, 3 AP wasted).
Oscar Wilde goes northeast and takes up a spot next to Mephansteras (3 AP), blasting at the horde with his shotgun (7 AP).
Oh. Ohhh man. What a beast, ladies and gentlemen. What a shot. The shotgun blasts eight pellets into the fray, hitting the left zombie in both arms and dealing a staggering five headshots. The zombies, of course, are instantly killed.

Fragbait heals himself with his kit (5 AP). Knowing he won't be able to shoot because he has his knife equipped (The pictures lie. Check the status page instead), he heads east (5 AP).
Lauren moves west twice. (2 AP, 8 AP left)
Hasuin turns towards the zombie horde, squeezing off two shots (8 AP) and dealing two powerful headshots. (2 AP left)
Brion aims carefully at the remaining zombie. His first shot goes wild, but he tries again. This is going to be a tough shot... BLAM! He gets a perfect hit, nailing the zombie in the skull. (Actually, I rolled a 10 and then a 17, not the other way around (10 being dead center in a d20), but this way is more exciting.)

Hasuin moves north twice, his job accomplished (2 AP, none left).
Mephansteras retreats north.
Lauren fires into the crowd twice. She clips a zombie in the shoulder and hits it again in the arm.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 05, 2010, 08:29:33 pm »

Well, that takes care of that mess pretty well. Time to focus on the large group of zombies now.

Move six squares to the West. Fire at the closest zombie.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 05, 2010, 08:42:45 pm »

You can't move yet. It's the zombies' turn to move and whale on you. I would recommend waiting for the update, so you know where the zombies are before you move.
But talking or discussing strategy is always welcome.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 05, 2010, 08:44:36 pm »

Right...sorry.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 05, 2010, 08:45:52 pm »

Nah, it's no problem. I mean, you could post your move right now if you want. All I'm saying is that, well, that could kill you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 05, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »

Nah, it's no problem. I mean, you could post your move right now if you want. All I'm saying is that, well, that could kill you.

Yeah, I'll hold off until the zombies move.

Actually, quick thought, I had 1AP left over from last time. Do I need to use that to turn around and face the zombies? Or will I automatically face them without using up AP?
Come play Mafia with us!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 05, 2010, 08:47:50 pm »

Whatever else I do, I'm going to switch to my pistol next turn.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 05, 2010, 08:54:22 pm »

Well, that was easy.

Post your moves.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 05, 2010, 08:56:57 pm »

Switch to pistol, move 1 South and shoot the zed/s to the West of me,
My full sig

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 05, 2010, 09:02:31 pm »

You guys, coordinating would really be the best thing. You don't want to haphazardly advance on the zombies and have Oscar Wilde accidentally blow half of you to pieces.

Also:
1. Do you guys want this to be fixed-difficulty or variable-difficulty? In other words, if you guys suddenly all charge toward the boss and stop attacking, do you want me to ease up or just keep massacring you?

2. I changed things up a bit, but I forgot to tell you. Those wooden things? Those are fortifications. If you want, you can go through the door and blast away at zombies without fear of getting attacked (probably don't want to do this right now, as the building limits your mobility and you wouldn't be able to move south to avoid shooting your teammates or whatnot). And that door you can go through, it's the same as walking - opening/closing it is a free action. But suppose you're in a door square (door open, of course) and a zombie's next to you - you can't run in and close the door; the door must remain open and afterwards the zombie will enter.

3. Archangel (and others), you might want to specify which item you're switching out for another weapon. Otherwise if you have, say, a knife and antidote, and you want to switch out the antidote for a knife, I might switch out the knife instead. And then when zombies attack you won't have anything to swipe at them with (you can use the pistol, but knife deals more damage)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50