Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50

Author Topic: Monster Defence! Under New Management  (Read 47682 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Defence!
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 10:54:34 pm »

of course.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 11:12:51 pm »

Posting to watch, since this looks interesting. I might go into the reserve queue at some point, as well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 11:54:50 pm »

Name:RAM
Description (optional):Albino version of Vaarsuvius from Order of the Stick10 meters tall with black skin and an infinite number of bone spikes...(sorry, I didn't think it mattered)
Money:What do you mean you don't take cheques!?!
Perks: Axecrazy, dual wield, muteslob, medic, redshirt, discretion.
Equip: 2Combat knife*, 4Combat knife*, 6bandages, 8molotov, (8)pistol.
*equipped

Sigh, I was looking forward to having an excuse not to say anything. Hmmm, no reason I can't be mute voluntarily...

I don't have 6 combat knives, I am doing a running total of ep, which I think is limited to 8, so IndonesiaWarMinister is still over the limit...Yeah, here is the quote.

Slob only refers to gun care, other than that my character is quite clean... maybe I should just trade it in for poor vision, either way, while I am waiting for them to get into range I will be shooting badly...

Redshirt is a bit of an issue too, to get the bet use out of it you give it to one person who stand up the back in power armour dual wielding miniguns while everyone else just stands out of the way pouring automatic fire into the horde...

If redshirt and discretion are out then I will take idiot hero and valour, which I should probably do anyway. Completely ignoring the fact that I need to take diehard and speedy, I am so dead...

possible extra perks/equipment

Offscreen artillery: once per wave you can designate a spot, at the end of your next turn massive damage will occur in the 3x3 area around that spot. Player characters caught in the area will be reduced to minimum health and disabled, zombies caught in the area will be destroyed unless they are specifically resilient.

Inventor: Between waves you can combine 2 of the same item into a single more effective item. Maybe a 20% increase in all stats rounding down to determine effective stats? Only an inventor can figure out how to use such an item?

Sentimental: You may choose a single item, this item will become more effective for you the longer you own it. You may only choose a new item if the old one is lost. Losing such an item will result in the character gaining a new penalty. If a character attains all penalties then they gain the title of 'Awesome Loser'... and are otherwise unaffected by losing an item until someone thinks up some more penalties...

Overly dramatic: Once per wave the character can designate a 'last stand' at which point they will lose the ability to move but gain combat bonuses for the remainder of the wave.

Blind rage: If the character is critically wounded or one of their team-mates dies then they will gain combat bonuses for the remainder of the wave.

Lingering intelligence: The character can survive a single death. At the end of the wave in which they died they will rejoin the team as an intelligent zombie that is immune to disease but cannot acquire additional equipment points. Second death is permanent...

Quickdraw: Once per wave the character can make a single attack at any time that will not count against their other actions.

Astute: Alone, this will allow the character to, at the start of each turn, choose one of their penalties and ignore it until the start of their next turn. If combined with Thoughtful this will instead allow the character to gain one additional perk and penalty after every 5th wave.

Thoughtful: Alone, this allows the character to, once per wave, choose one type of zombie against which they will have a bonus until the end of the wave. If combined with Astute this will instead allow the character to gain one additional perk and penalty after every 5th wave.

Good actor: At the start of their turn, the character can choose to join the zombies for the remainder of the wave at which point the zombies will no longer attack the character. They will not attack other player characters but will otherwise behave like a zombie. If any zombies remain at the end of the wave the character will die.

Mad scientist: At the end of each wave the character can choose one zombie from that wave, that zombie will join the team for the next wave. If it survives the next wave it will die off screen, killed by an angry mob, possibly because it was misunderstood...

Grew up in a mob: The character can spontaneously generate torches, pitchforks, angry rhetoric, and anything else that a peasant might be expected to have when chasing monsters out of town...

Death is no obstacle to love: Immune to anything that one might 'catch' from zombies.

Likes them large: Gains combat bonuses against zombies based on size. may gain penalties against smaller zombies.

riding a dinosaur: you gain one additional melee attack and movement per round, but are an easier target to hit.

Bionic: Choose one of head, arms, legs, or torso to be immune to damage. States relevant to that component cannot be gained. This perk can definitely only be taken once!

Pirate: You may attack three targets with one melee attack, provided that one of those targets is an ally.

Bionic pirate ninja zombie riding a dinosaur: requires 5 perks...

Don't feel you shouldn't post new ideas just because the game has started, there is always room for people to die...

oooooh, I step diagonally north east one space and start chopping zombies with knives singing the song of those going into battle knowing they will die pointlessly...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:59:41 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 12:09:33 am »

Name: Emperor
Money: $0
Perks: Ax Crazy; Speedster; Dual Wield
Flaws: Weak
Equip: Pistol (e)
Combat Knife (e)
Combat Knife
Bandages
Bandages
(e) equiped weapon/armor

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 12:24:12 am »

Imma make one even though im just on waiting list

Name:Kyeti
Money:8
Perks:sharpshooter, genre savvy,money management (over dramatic if accepted) Frail, Vehicle ineptitude, French
Equipment
(e)pistol
1 molotov
2 pistol cips

If possible i would want a rifle of some sort instead of shotgun for all my money (including the molotov)

hokay that was fun

EDIT: Sorry i forgot to put in french
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:26:37 am by theevilmonk »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 12:42:29 am »

Name: Oscar Wilde
Description (optional): Google Image Search him. Yeah. That Oscar Wilde.
Money: 4 copies of The Picture of Dorian Gray, one copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Equipment: Pistol, Combat Knife (2 ep), First Aid Kit (3 ep), Shotgun (10 ep)
TVTropes: Crazy Prepared, Sharpshooter, Genre Savvy
Flaws: Slow, Likely to File a Slander Suit Against a Nobleman Accusing Him of Homosexuality Despite the Accusation's Truth with the End Result of Wasting Away in Jail
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 12:46:42 am »

Alright.
Edited already, thanks for the notice.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:44 am »

just waiting for archangle

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:50 am »

Name: Fragbait
Description (optional): Average everything.
Money:
Perks: Diehard, Genre Savvy, Healthy, Medic
Flaws: Impulse buyer, Redshirt
Equip*:
(e) Pistol,
Combat knife,
(e) First Aid Kit,
Ammo belt
5 Clips?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 08:36:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fire three shots into the nearest zombie and run five steps to the left.

Hmm...are we going to have weapon modifications?  Like...
Scope; bonus to accuracy, headshots, and range.  Possible penalty to firing speed when being used at long distances?
Red-Dot Sight, Laser Sight; bonus to accuracy and firing speed.
Extended Magazines
Silencer; slightly increases accuracy and range, reduces aggro.
Burst fire and Full Auto mods
Muzzle Brake; increases followup shot accuracy
Bayonet; like having a gun, and a knife, at the same time.  Sweet!
Chainsaw Bayonet; hells yeah!

And more than one kinda ammo?  Like standard ball, armorpiercing (for superzombies?  zombie soldiers), hollowpoint (extra damage), match (much more accuracy, slightly more range and damage).
Shotgun; slugs and buckshot, grenade rounds, bolo rounds, dragonsbreath rounds...
For the really big guns, highexplosivearmorpiercingincedindiary rounds.  Like the Raufoss Mk211 .50 caliber.

Hmm...I suppose I could change to Obama, so I you can use a different colored circle.  I need to study his philosophy and politics more, though; all I know is "Yes we can."  I do like the idea of Obama, gun in each hand, blasting away at zombies; it's so undignified as to be funny.
Do I want to be Obama or O'bama?

Name: Barrack Hussein Obama
Description; Tired, dirty, hopeful.  Presidential.  Yes we can.  Blue Circle (yeah, I figure it's the more tasteful of two options).

Or I could just go with Blue Circle, if I'm not feeling up to being the President.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 02:07:34 pm »

Here are your characters. any objections?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 02:08:51 pm »

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
That book is about 8 times better than the original.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 02:10:36 pm »

WHy am I GREEN.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile