Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DARWIN WAS A NAZI!!!  (Read 3699 times)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
DARWIN WAS A NAZI!!!
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:10:30 pm »

http://www.uwgb.edu/DutchS/PSEUDOSC/EvolNazi.HTM

Well that's an interesting point of view.
*Voips out of existence again*

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: DARWIN WAS A NAZI!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:12:51 pm »

I don't even have to read that to call bull shit.  It even has "pseudo" in the URL.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:13:53 pm »

*Voips in*
Go ahead. Just read it.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:58 pm »

Quote from: site
Let's Play the "Evolution = Nazism" Game
Lets not...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:41 pm »

No.  Besides, one's political affiliation normally has no affect on the credibility of that person's finds and hypothesis (Darwin's are now theories).  Also, Darwin did not come up with full-blown evolution, just modification over time through survival of the fittest.  Basically, it doesn't matter.  Anyone bothering with such research is probably a creationist trying to make evolution look bad, or at least someone working for them is trying to do so.  Something supported by that quote cowofdoom posted.  That site must be full of trolls that should be ignored.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 08:21:21 pm »

Exactly why I am laughing my ass off right now.

Although I still hold on to the belief that I must respect all others beliefs and laws, no matter how fucked up they may be.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 08:28:40 pm »

Ben Stein's Expelled is merely the latest in a long line of creationist pieces that argue that, since Hitler appealed to evolution to justify his ideas, therefore evolution bears much of the blame for Nazism and the Holocaust. Evolutionists retort that it's always possible to misuse any belief system, but that doesn't make the belief system itself wrong.

I think that's wussy.
;D

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:30:23 pm »

Why is it that every creationist I come across goes about it in a stupid way?  I really, really want to meet a smart one someday.
Just so I remember

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »

"Expelled" is a horrible piece of horrible propaganda.

I think everybody can pretty much agree on that.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 08:32:33 pm »

At first I read the title as "DWARMIN WAS A NAZI!!!".  I was a little puzzled, since Dwarmin seems like a pretty nice guy, but somehow the real title makes less sense.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »

Quote from: site
Let's Play the "Evolution = Nazism" Game
Lets not...

Guys, this guy is trying to disprove that Nazism is rooted in Evolution?
He also pointing out the flaw in conventional christian after-life thinking.

I think...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 09:12:42 pm »

At first I read the title as "DWARMIN WAS A NAZI!!!".  I was a little puzzled, since Dwarmin seems like a pretty nice guy, but somehow the real title makes less sense.
Dwarmin was Darwins Warlike alter-ego, he was well known for supporting Hitler during WWII. But his true identity wasent discovered until 12 years after the battle of the bulge when Darwins journal was found in the ruins of Auschwitz.

And yes he was real, heres his picture:

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 12:01:14 am »

Why is it that every creationist I come across goes about it in a stupid way?  I really, really want to meet a smart one someday.
Hi.

I just don't argue about it. :)

EDIT: I should probably specify that I'm not a Young-Earth Creationist, so you will likely have to keep looking for one of them that goes about it in a smart way.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:05:59 am by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Frogeyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:51 am »

The common argument is: Darwin introduced the theory of evolution. This theory implies that a species will become stronger/faster/whatever if particularly strong/fast/whatever individuals are more successful in propogating. Thus, according to this theory, we should kill off/sterilize the weak to keep the species strong.

Actually, deliberately manipulating the gene pool is called artificial selection, and modest changes in a species (such as becoming stronger or smarter) are examples of what creationists would call microevolution. This specific form of evolution is particularly hard to dispute, and was understood and put into practical application in breeding domestic animals for a very long time before Darwin.

Darwin's insight was that natural processes influenced species in a somewhat similar way; the difference being, of course, that natural selection favours traits that contribute to survival and propogation of individuals, rather than suitability for humans. He first argued that natural selection would -- given enough time -- cause entirely new species to form; and that all life on Earth had come about this way.

So, in other words, Darwin added absolutely nothing to our understanding of heredity that would be of interest to a Nazi-style geneticist.

Frogeyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 02:16:36 am »

Oh, and that link was great, but I disagree with the author on this point:

Ben Stein's Expelled is merely the latest in a long line of creationist pieces that argue that, since Hitler appealed to evolution to justify his ideas, therefore evolution bears much of the blame for Nazism and the Holocaust. Evolutionists retort that it's always possible to misuse any belief system, but that doesn't make the belief system itself wrong.

I think that's wussy.

First, it is fair to examine the role a belief system has in abuses that arise from it. It's certainly fair to examine the role that Western leftists played in making Stalin's and Mao's purges possible, or examine the question whether Vietnam activists abetted the Khmer Rouge atrocities.

This is a little stupid. Primarily because evolution is not a "belief system" along the lines of communism or pacifism; it's a scientific theory and should not be treated as an ideology (even if some people have done so). This means that it cannot be considered invalid, even if it has inhumane implications: people evolved from monkeys or they didn't. It's absolutely reasonable to say that evolution is true, whether or not some people have decided this means we have to commit genocide.
Pages: [1] 2 3