Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1249422 times)

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #2325 on: December 19, 2011, 03:52:41 pm »

Since the word "adventures" doesn't necessarily conform strictly to Adventure Mode, i say post ALL comics that are somehow adventurous and related to DF.
Therefore, i introduce a hypothesis as to how the legendary dorfen brewing process looks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How else would they make wine without yeast? Something has to provide fermentation. :P

@Logrin: Why yes, headbutting IS needed. EVERYWHERE. Because it's the manliest thing you could possibly do to any foe.
So wait: dwarven ale is simply plump-helmets and regurgitated dwarven ale? How does that work? Where did the first batch of dwarven ale come from to be regurgitated?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2326 on: December 19, 2011, 04:01:54 pm »

Not necessarily ale.

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: December 19, 2011, 04:03:13 pm »

Ah, right. Crundle Biscuits.

Blead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 19, 2011, 04:30:40 pm »

Done. I hope someone will respond to my drawing suggestion in this thread. My little lets play fortress (On a different site) could really use some nice art work.
wait a minute you want someone to draw a fort mode related picture of a dwarf chewing on a Trog?
seems like this stuff kinda normal in DF Adventure mode, any more news on this event? Like did the wrestler fail to do any biting damage due to having only skills in wrestling, Or did the Trog kill the Wrestler.
The wrestler is a fat dwarf. He laughs loudly when he is excited and he was kind of using the Troglodyte as a club against a Giant Olm who also escaped the cage (sorry was kind of important to mention that) a dog was attacking the Trog and was latched to his leg. The dwarf didn't kill the trog though. He threw it in a corner and watched 2 recruits beat the shit out of it. Oh and euh.. well he was.. naked. I don't know why.

Sorry for the lack of information. This is my first time requesting a picture (or making a thread for that matter) I'm still a sort of noob on this forum.
NOT a friendly dwarf.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 19, 2011, 04:47:48 pm »

Since the word "adventures" doesn't necessarily conform strictly to Adventure Mode, i say post ALL comics that are somehow adventurous and related to DF.
Therefore, i introduce a hypothesis as to how the legendary dorfen brewing process looks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How else would they make wine without yeast? Something has to provide fermentation. :P

@Logrin: Why yes, headbutting IS needed. EVERYWHERE. Because it's the manliest thing you could possibly do to any foe.
So wait: dwarven ale is simply plump-helmets and regurgitated dwarven ale? How does that work? Where did the first batch of dwarven ale come from to be regurgitated?
I would assume it would be wine if you're using plump helmets.

Ale is pig tails.

That said, this implies somewhat unsettling things about how dwarves might do other things... ???
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 19, 2011, 10:57:09 pm »

I feel like I'm missing out of something... I downloaded the dwarf fortress from the site ( http://bay12games.com/dwarves/ ) the first one under SDL. I realize this is really OOC, but I'd really like help on this, I didn't screw up right? (Again, really sorry for being OOC, but reading this I felt like I'm not playing the whole of adventure mode (something about priests and them being actually anywhere.)) Really sorry about being OOC, REALLY.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »

I feel like I'm missing out of something... I downloaded the dwarf fortress from the site ( http://bay12games.com/dwarves/ ) the first one under SDL. I realize this is really OOC, but I'd really like help on this, I didn't screw up right? (Again, really sorry for being OOC, but reading this I felt like I'm not playing the whole of adventure mode (something about priests and them being actually anywhere.)) Really sorry about being OOC, REALLY.

I don't think temples have been restored since the town overhaul started. A lot of the stuff before April 2010 is from version 40D. Don't worry, we should be seeing temples and their assorted worshippers reappear in due course.\

Also, I don't know what you mean by OOC... this isn't a character thing, we all act like this all the time. Scary thought, I know.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: December 19, 2011, 11:08:05 pm »

Ah, I'm just new to dwarf fortress as you probably noticed.  Yeah....

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: December 19, 2011, 11:58:47 pm »

I didn't draw this, I just found it at my work this evening.

I work at a zoo, and this was at one of our outlets.

I think you can see why I held onto it.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:17 am »

my stuff looks like a deranged five yearold drew it so.. here goes

my fisherman is wretleing a cave croc.. with no arms you figure it out :D
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: December 20, 2011, 01:57:20 pm »

my stuff looks like a deranged five yearold drew it so.. here goes

my fisherman is wretleing a cave croc.. with no arms you figure it out :D
I... don't see anything. As far as I can tell, there isn't even an image link here.

Edit: He is requesting a drawing, so this post is invalid.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:27:35 pm by Deimos56 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 20, 2011, 07:05:07 pm »

I think he's requesting someone draw it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: December 20, 2011, 10:37:40 pm »

Derp.

Sorry about that. I might be getting a little too used to people wording things strangely on the internet. :-[

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 21, 2011, 01:04:46 pm »

yes i may have to edit the post
---
siggy!

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 21, 2011, 05:17:55 pm »

a quick short on my newbie adventuring days :)
---
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 365