Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1249983 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #3735 on: October 18, 2012, 11:51:58 am »

Sparring flag in the creature raws? There is no such tag, and raws are species-wide. Everyone would be set to spar if that were even possible.
I mean in dfhack there a creature flag called 'sparring' you can toggle on. some how doing so allows you to spar with any one you attack. though if they counter attack they don't get the same effect since lack of sparring flag being turn on.
you need Dfhack for doing this... and a script that edits the unit's creature flags.
here's my dfusion code to do so. sorry for the mix up.
Code: [Select]
function spar(unit)
if unit==nil then
unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
entry=getline()
targ=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
end
unit.flags2.sparring=true
targ.flags2.sparring=true
unit.job.hunt_target=targ
targ.job.hunt_target=unit
end
adv_tools.menu:add("spar another",spar)
Though mostly you can just slap on the the spar flag on your self so you can go around stealing every one's items.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:15:37 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: October 18, 2012, 12:57:29 pm »

Ah, that makes a lot more sense...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #3737 on: October 18, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

So we have Shook's stick figures, Boss-Knight, Hamstone, that Kobold adventurer, the Pantobus and now the cutest Bogeyman to hit Bay12 forums. What next?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: October 18, 2012, 02:14:30 pm »

Oh that's awesome, i wish adventurers could cry from pain.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: October 18, 2012, 06:49:59 pm »

Wisdom means that his up and coming memetic badass (Cobar I think his name was?) sort of fell off the radar.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: October 18, 2012, 07:19:27 pm »

Can any of you draw a picture of a were-capybara and a vampire fighting fully armed zombies? I have no artistic talent and need a picture to describe what I'm GOING to do
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: October 19, 2012, 05:43:10 am »

Can any of you draw a picture of a were-capybara and a vampire fighting fully armed zombies? I have no artistic talent and need a picture to describe what I'm GOING to do

This is just the sort of tomfoolery that can inspire me but I'll abstain from this one. There's only so much I can bring myself to attempt with a mouse.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: October 19, 2012, 05:57:15 am »

Wisdom means that his up and coming memetic badass (Cobar I think his name was?) sort of fell off the radar.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: October 19, 2012, 11:17:06 am »

I had a legendary wrestler who grew slowly to power by holding enemy weapons while my men surround and mutilate them.

He died when his group of 20 got jumped by a goblin group of around 60.

He was holding enemies weapons with his upper and lower everything and biting while at it.

so... He could hold down 9 goblins at a time.

but with his followers dead, I kind of saw it as the 9 goblins were holding him down as he got stabbed to death by gobbo spears..

On a separate note, my best adventurer in a world with all peramiters top-notched explored all 9 of my abondoned forts, had 2\3rds of his things as artifacts the other 1\3rd being candy.

later became champion of all civs, pushed back all dark towers/fortresses (NO EVIL LEFT..)

all of this with no more than 8 followers at any one time.
left this world due to his job here being done (went off the edge of the map)
Went to sleep on a glacier and woke up in the form of a seal being devoured by a polar bear...
then woke up as a Gorlak bothering ratmen (got blow darted to death)
Woke up as a fire imp sealed in a magma pool..

Cursed to forever search for his original form

really ? no shit..
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: October 19, 2012, 11:43:34 am »

I had a legendary wrestler who grew slowly to power by holding enemy weapons while my men surround and mutilate them.

He died when his group of 20 got jumped by a goblin group of around 60.

He was holding enemies weapons with his upper and lower everything and biting while at it.

so... He could hold down 9 goblins at a time.

but with his followers dead, I kind of saw it as the 9 goblins were holding him down as he got stabbed to death by gobbo spears..

On a separate note, my best adventurer in a world with all peramiters top-notched explored all 9 of my abondoned forts, had 2\3rds of his things as artifacts the other 1\3rd being candy.

later became champion of all civs, pushed back all dark towers/fortresses (NO EVIL LEFT..)

all of this with no more than 8 followers at any one time.
left this world due to his job here being done (went off the edge of the map)
Went to sleep on a glacier and woke up in the form of a seal being devoured by a polar bear...
then woke up as a Gorlak bothering ratmen (got blow darted to death)
Woke up as a fire imp sealed in a magma pool..

Cursed to forever search for his original form

really ? no shit..
How do you do that!?!?!?!?! :o
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: October 19, 2012, 12:06:58 pm »

It's a bug. Adventurers that sleep on frozen oceans/lakes (not glaciers as a biome, I'm pretty sure, but actual frozen oceans or lakes. Maybe rivers with a freeze-thaw cycle too.) and under a couple other circumstances will have a "body swap" complex, where the game for whatever reason hands control over to some other creature in the area,almost always in the caverns. Once it begins, it never returns to your original body, or even to the same body twice, and every time you fast travel/sleep/wait it will occur again. Crashes are both possible and nigh-unavoidable. Rumrusher figured out how to control that, if I recall (either way it is now a default function of DFhack and entirely possible to invoke in a controlled manner), but it's still possible to cause it to happen through the bug.

I ran into this problem first while modding a race that lived in the oceans. I wanted them to live on the coasts, but telling them to spawn in ocean biomes means literally that their sites would be out in open water, and thus not exist. So, when you tried to play as them, you would spawn in the caverns under the site, as a crundle or rat or something instead of a paklara. The solution was to have them spawn in wetlands biomes and then prefer oceans/lakes over any other biome, which causes them to build along the coasts, safely and responsibly, so long as they never actually run out of shoreline to build on (then they'll "build" over open water again)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: October 19, 2012, 12:08:39 pm »

What a lovely double post we have here!

Oops...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:10:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: October 19, 2012, 12:39:55 pm »

It's a bug. Adventurers that sleep on frozen oceans/lakes (not glaciers as a biome, I'm pretty sure, but actual frozen oceans or lakes. Maybe rivers with a freeze-thaw cycle too.) and under a couple other circumstances will have a "body swap" complex, where the game for whatever reason hands control over to some other creature in the area,almost always in the caverns. Once it begins, it never returns to your original body, or even to the same body twice, and every time you fast travel/sleep/wait it will occur again. Crashes are both possible and nigh-unavoidable. Rumrusher figured out how to control that, if I recall (either way it is now a default function of DFhack and entirely possible to invoke in a controlled manner), but it's still possible to cause it to happen through the bug.

I ran into this problem first while modding a race that lived in the oceans. I wanted them to live on the coasts, but telling them to spawn in ocean biomes means literally that their sites would be out in open water, and thus not exist. So, when you tried to play as them, you would spawn in the caverns under the site, as a crundle or rat or something instead of a paklara. The solution was to have them spawn in wetlands biomes and then prefer oceans/lakes over any other biome, which causes them to build along the coasts, safely and responsibly, so long as they never actually run out of shoreline to build on (then they'll "build" over open water again)
well it's goes deeper than that. I hit apond this when I was working with cage traps, some how hit this from caging trapping the adventurer and removing the cage flag on him.
then walking away from the site he was caged. for a split second it shown that I died... then swap to a different body. I guess toady set up adventure mode to remake everything when you "load" stuff and one of the blue prints to that is the adventurer unit needs to be in the adventurer creature slot aka slot 0. now how this works is either the water effects happen and incase you in ice which removes the unit than just killing them(?) this causes the game to be confuse and picks a different unit in the area, but since the game still program to find the adventurer it will still keep looking until you find it. Chances are you got hit with the telecage effect and the adventurer's body is warp to some hamlet, or fort, or cave, though you are kinda stuck until you find a better body to walk around in.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: October 19, 2012, 06:28:01 pm »

So do you know how to stop the body-swapping bug mid-swing, then? So you can play for extended periods with whatever creature you swapped into?
I make Spellcrafts!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: October 19, 2012, 11:22:30 pm »

So do you know how to stop the body-swapping bug mid-swing, then? So you can play for extended periods with whatever creature you swapped into?
Dfhack, the only way to stop it naturally is to find the original body then reload the map through either sleeping or fast traveling. Which depending on your world, either hard, or needle in a haysack full of Un senate.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 365