Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Oh god, my coffee and tea addiction is coming back  (Read 5002 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god, my coffee and tea addiction is coming back
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 06:42:38 pm »

Ok guys, coffee is bad for your kidneys. Its happened to members of my family before...

Stop drinking, with one kidney left you dont get no second chances!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 06:43:32 pm »

Why do people like coffee? To me it smells like wet soil wrapped in a burning piece of newsprint and tastes exactly what it smells like.
YOU ARE NOT USING ENOUGH SUGAR and probably not enough cream

If you want to get started, get some chocolate covered coffee/espresso beans.  Eat the chocolate and spit out the beans, they're icky.  But the coffee flavor in the chocolate is delicious.  Also try some things like Starbuck's Java Chip Frappucino, which is another nice coffee-chocolate combination.  After that, with a little desperation, you can just take coffee and add sugar until it just BARELY dissolves.  Once you realize that sugar and coffee are way cheaper than chocolate or soda, you'll get hooked...

I've tried all types of coffee, they have each had the same icky bitter flavor.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 06:47:21 pm »

Why do people like coffee? To me it smells like wet soil wrapped in a burning piece of newsprint and tastes exactly what it smells like.

If you want to get started, get some chocolate covered coffee/espresso beans.  Eat the chocolate and spit out the beans, they're icky.  But the coffee flavor in the chocolate is delicious.  Also try some things like Starbuck's Java Chip Frappucino, which is another nice coffee-chocolate combination.  After that, with a little desperation, you can just take coffee and add sugar until it just BARELY dissolves.  Once you realize that sugar and coffee are way cheaper than chocolate or soda, you'll get hooked...

I reiterate:  Not enough sugar.  EDIT:  Remember what unsweetened chocolate tastes like.

Also, hmm.  Some parts of the internet at least say that coffee isn't bad for your kidneys, but they're all from places like the Coffee Science Institute or something weird like that.  D:  I need to ask doctors.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:49:58 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 06:49:07 pm »

Ok guys, coffee is bad for your kidneys. Its happened to members of my family before...

Stop drinking, with one kidney left you dont get no second chances!

Yeah! Just drink tea!
Like me, 5 glasses a day (well, not every day, but still :P )

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 06:52:48 pm »

I reiterate:  Not enough sugar.  EDIT:  Remember what unsweetened chocolate tastes like.

Also, hmm.  Some parts of the internet at least say that coffee isn't bad for your kidneys, but they're all from places like the Coffee Science Institute or something weird like that.  D:  I need to ask doctors.

This can of two month due fruit cock tail tastes better than most coffees I have drunk. Even without the seven spoonfulls of sugar I just put in it.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 06:56:30 pm »

You... Put sugar in your coffee?

Ugh. Ruins the taste.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 07:00:45 pm »

Remember what unsweetened chocolate tastes like.

Unsweetened chocolate is delicious. You just have to eat it in small quantities.

To add to the discussion, I love tea and enjoy the strong coffees (espresso, greek/turkish coffee, etc.), but don't like "normal" coffee. I tend to like tea (mostly) unsweetened, too. Iced tea, however, is an abomination.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 07:06:44 pm »

Iced tea, however, is an abomination.

How can you not like iced tea?  The stuff I'm drinking now is like peach kool-aid with caffeine!  What's not to love?!

Me, I always hated normal tea unless it had tons of sugar.  Then I was introduced to tea made -properly-, at the tea garden in downtown Portland.  Oh my god it's like nothing else, especially when you have something delicious like a moon cake to go with it.  Mmmmm.

But I can't make tea like that, so I enjoy cheap tea + sugar.

I'm kind of vibrating right now.

This is the most productive I've been in WEEKS.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:08:45 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2009, 07:12:40 pm »

Tea is Supreme!  Hail the great Tea!  Giver of life and Quencher of Thirst!  (something coffee won't do, I can tell you)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 08:00:52 pm »

Tea is Supreme!  Hail the great Tea!  Giver of life and Quencher of Thirst!  (something coffee won't do, I can tell you)

QFT
QFT
QFT
QFT
QFT
QFT
QFT
QFT
QFT

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 12:18:01 am »

I used to be a caffeine addict, and I drank it pretty much all day to survive at the call centre I worked at. Then I started getting dizzy to the point where I thought I had a stomach bug, and couldn't work there anymore.

I've since learned that I am allergic to caffeine, and it causes (sometimes painless) migraines for me which cause dizzy spells which cause intense bouts of nausea. Now I can experience a broad range of discomfort through a single glass of iced tea. :(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 12:36:19 am »

Decaff tea for me. Nothing says "I am a wiener" more effectively in a drinking situation.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 02:22:56 am »

I get wired more easily off cafe made coffee more easily than office coffee or even things like cans of V.

If you are really worried about coffee then goto Red Bull. It's a soda and a caffeine machine! Oh wait a second. . .
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 03:54:56 am »

I got this delicious jasmine tea from the supermarket, seven bucks and there's like 100 teabags in it. Best thing is that you don't need sugar. That's why I prefer green tea. ^.^ Tastes good without having to worry about the sugar giving you diabetes when you drink 5 cups a day.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 04:46:22 am »

That's exactly why people like it.

See, you made me want one now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4