Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: World Gen Extremes\/Leaderboard  (Read 33749 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: World Gen Extremes\/Leaderboard
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 02:22:41 am »

By "tallest lavapipe location" do you mean highest exit, or just map with the most z-levels of pipe? And, um, could you post what the number-to-beat is?

I'm guessing that painting is disallowed? *goes to see if can find the old buggy pipe*
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

a.random.persona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 05:49:24 am »

This Calls for an all nite genning spree.
I believe I could have a world with the largest civ. Just gotta find the seeds

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 05:58:13 am »

I would like to compete the most features in a 6x6. Here I submit mine:
MAP :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Contains: River x8, underground pool, magma pipe, magma pool, chasm, bottomless pit, valuable metal, flux stone (marble), aquifer,sand, NO GCS but contain the Standard CS, Level 124-197 that is 73 z-levels to play with. Also there is All civilisations to deal with. Extends the map a little bigger you will have underground river

DATA :

EDITED: this map is generated with 40d11
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 06:04:57 am by yuhhaur »

Decanter

• Bay Watcher
  • Goliath online.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 11:23:24 am »

Dude, that second picture breaks my brain.
Trying to build an enormous perfect dome under the cave river waterfall turned me into a gibbering idiot. Seriously - I think of that tremendous failed effort still and my vision fills with green and red dots, stars, tweeting birds and many, many dead dwarves.

By "tallest lavapipe location" do you mean highest exit, or just map with the most z-levels of pipe? And, um, could you post what the number-to-beat is?
I'm guessing that painting is disallowed? *goes to see if can find the old buggy pipe*
Good Point. I tryed to find that map in the leaderboard but couldn't - So right now anymap with over 1 z-level of magma will beat it because we don't know the number. Really it doesn't look like that much, I know someone has a map which is better.

Also Painting is ok - but it gets a separate category from normal.
EDIT: or not. I thought you had to send us a save file to use painted maps but i guess not. So it seems like fair game to me.

I would like to compete the most features in a 6x6. Here I submit mine:
I think that beats Dwarf Heaven!!! although it doesn't have a underground river - which is important to some people.Also it looks like if you moved it to the left one square it would have 4 more tiles of chasm but loose nothing, and if you moved it up one square and removed all the right squares you would stay the same size and gain the river.

To figure this kind of thing out I created another thread:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36396.0
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:24:11 pm by Decanter »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 06:42:11 pm »

Pick the ocean tile on the east side, take a 5x5 with magma pipe in second row far left. 146 Z levels of magma[pre-exposed], and 14 Z levels beneath that (-1 to -14 :o) Also, you s tart on z 150, where it plateaus...the game may cap you at this height. Now, to go post this in my bug report (the magma pipe DOESN'T reach bottom). May reject 2 or 3 times, probably because the original gen was done with all civs playable.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 06:43:51 pm »

I submit this one both for most volcanic (though that one wasnt very hard) and for tallest magma pipe.  Its a 33x33 world with 200 volcanoes and 100 mountain peaks, and magma pipes of more then 100z levels, as you can embark on top of mountain peaks  ;D
My current record is 113 Z-level of magma pipe (of magma z-levels, not including the opening), but I think you can find one much higher if you find it right on the centre peak.

Its a pitty i can use this though, my fps goes all 24-ish on embark.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 07:00:48 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36160.msg572079#msg572079
can the biggest river be updated since when i counted the current leader is 36 tiles across, the one in my post is 40
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 09:21:00 pm »

I would suggest more contest area:

- most river on local screen without lake (as lake can take most of the map)
- most types of sand soil in a local (black, red, tan, white, yellow, uncolored normal)
- most types of surrounding in a local (Serene, Mirthful, Joyous Wilds, Calm, Wilderness, Untamed Wilds, Sinister, Haunted, Terrifying) refer http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Surroundings

I've seen someone generate a smallest ocean straits that is a few local tiles in     
Greatbridge of Oceans (community fort, why not) http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=33299.0

Decanter

• Bay Watcher
  • Goliath online.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 09:49:56 pm »

These maps are not the products of normal human minds. Possibly the minds of creatures from Lovecraft's stories.

I wouldn't be surprised if CobaltKobold found the absolute limit for magma pipes - 150 tiles.
The rest of the map he made is defiantly worth looking over.
I took a picture of a 150 z-level pipe from his map. BEHOLD!!!!! (Note: must be over 22 to look into depths of hell):

Couldn't find anything on Grimlocke's map that beat 150 tiles BUT there were somethings just as awe inspiring. His map is also worth a look.
-Not sure if this is something normal which I haven't personally observed yet, but I found an ocean so small it fit on a single site on Grimlocke's map. This was interesting to me so I spilled coffee on my leg while looking at it.

Here is a picture of the thing:

Etgfrog's River is now the largest river.
Yuhhaur's points will all be applied with German British Californian Latvian Efficiency. (I know I'm not as efficient as any stereotypes... sigh.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:23:44 pm by Decanter »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 10:10:26 pm »

well, it's technically only 145z. I'm reminded of the tiny ocean by what you say. Much smaller than yours, but I don't know the params to gen.
mock-grr www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com
Tilesets

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 11:10:13 pm »

I've found another 3x3 with most feature:
Contains: underground pool, underground river, bottomless pit, magma pipe, £ ;D

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 11:32:34 pm »

I would like to compete the most features in a 6x6. Here I submit mine

You need to create a thread for this map. It's pretty awesome and definitely rivals Dwarf Heaven.

yuhhaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 11:40:31 pm »

I would like to compete the most features in a 6x6. Here I submit mine

You need to create a thread for this map. It's pretty awesome and definitely rivals Dwarf Heaven.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36396.0
Decanter made it. Credit to him  :P

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 11:51:41 pm »

I think I'm going to make an entry for the most maps rejected. I'm currently at 9600+ and counting. I'm going to leave this fucker on overnight and see where(or if) it stops. I'll post the snippit when(if) it finishes....
This map better be able to shit rainbows.

The only thing is that I'm batch generating a ton of worlds and this is the first one, so that may have an effect.
Batch script (You may need this to make the map):
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 04:08:54 am »

EDIT: or not. I thought you had to send us a save file to use painted maps but i guess not. So it seems like fair game to me.
No, but you do get to set each region tile's settings (elev/volc/rain/drain) potentially. (My map only painted elevation and volcanism)

Oh, and there's another, slightly more magmalevel possibility on south edge o f that map I submitted, third tile. Make your embark area hold magmapipe and go left enough to have what looks like the character next to Low on the Relative Elevation gradient (or one more, if you need the tile so you can embark). Goes down to 0 (with 14 levels of free stone under again), and now the magma reaches 149. Also, near-perfect cliff faces, meaning you won't be able to hit magma without digging tools. Sea level is 99/100 as usual.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6