Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: World Gen Extremes\/Leaderboard  (Read 33726 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: World Gen Extremes\/Leaderboard
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2009, 10:15:45 pm »

Seeing as I'm seeking a good density woodland for my megaproject (kinda a pain right now looking around for a good site to start from); as well as for other "F*** you elves" wooden goliath megaprojects anyone else is willing to do. (Massive wooden grail full of magma anyone?)

Elven Paradise Embark
Greatest density of wood with the most features. (woodland must be majority of embark, preferably heavily forested, Those tree-humpers better not mind magma being included)

Elven Heaven (populated with dwarves, of course; IE- Open Season World for dwarves)
Most wooden world seed.

And for the hell of having great challenges even starting...
Embark site with the greatest (possible) density of animals (preferably either megabeast or dangerous animals)

And oh, what the hell, flattest world and/or embark location with the most features.

And one last one off the top of my head. World/embark site with the fewest features. (in a 6x6 area minimum for embarks.)

Have fun.

Bonus points for having HFS included. Bonus bonus if HFS doesn't involve being under a mountain. (I think I spotted one before), especially if it's the only real feature in the "fewest features 6x6 min." embark challenge.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009, 10:22:00 pm »

And one last one off the top of my head. World/embark site with the fewest features. (in a 6x6 area minimum for embarks.)

That would be zero, obviously....

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 01:29:54 am »

Fewest features would be a badlands with only igneous intrusive rock. Not particularly complicated.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 07:15:15 pm »

Yes, but can you get an area of such that's larger than 6x6? That's only the minimum area for it to count.

The larger the *better*.

Reason to do this? Survival successions mayhaps?

And like noted, if there's an HFS within this badland somehow; bonus points out the wazoo.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:26:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 07:20:11 pm »

Sure. Just decrease the variances on everything to zero, and the entire world will be one big biome.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2009, 07:07:58 pm »

i've seen lots of "looking for this kind of site" messages lately, and people could probably benefit from seeing this thread.  this as well as the worldgen cookbook thread.

perhaps this could be updated to include those new "ultimate everything in one site" worlds that have been kicking around lately.

GFXiNXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2009, 10:39:15 pm »

Figured I'd put in my two cents.

In all the below instances you MUST hit "p" to ignore all rejects when it comes up with a warning about not being able to place enough grasslands.

Note: These were all found by my program, Ultrafinder: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=38274.0

4x4 Legendary embark:
The following contains a 4x4 with the following: Flux, aquifer, river, underground river, underground pool, magma pool, magma pipe, chasm, hfs, a small patch of sand and around 90 z-levels.

World Gen Perameters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

5x5 Legendary embark: Bugged site with a waterfall generating in the chasm tile.
The following contains a 5x5 with the following: All civs, Flux, Aquifer, River, Underground River, Underground Pool, Magma Pool, Magma Pipe (Exposed Volcano "The Slow Volcano"), Chasm (Exposed with a waterfall midway down... wtf?), Bottomless Pit (Exposed), HFS, Sand, Trees (Few), Sedimentary Stone (Shale), Economic Stone (Marble, Lignite), Bauxite, 83 z-levels, Elves at WAR.

World Gen Perameters:

6x6 Legendary embark: - If you aren't using Mike Mayday's DFG with this world gen, the mineral layouts will be different.
Features: All neighbouring civs, Flux, Aquifer (2 Z-Levels), River (Brook: Coalsprings), Underground River, Underground Pool, Magma Pool, Magma Pipe, Chasm, Bottomless Pit, HFS, Sand, Trees (Plentiful), Sedimentary Layer (Limestone) + More bauxite than you'll ever need, Goblins at WAR (With civ: "The Labor of Drills")

World Gen Perameters:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:10:06 pm by GFXiNXS »
Intel i7 980X 6-Cores @ 3.8GHz
6GB DDR3 8-8-8-24 @ 2000MHz
Radeon 5970 - Stock Clocks

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the Elves' Parting Association (EPA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2009, 12:27:04 am »

Would like to submit for coldest world (don't think anything can beat this):

All -1000 degrees coolness world. Nothing but tundras, glaciers, oceans, and mountains. One civ. Game is unmodded.

This is possible.

2300, anyone?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:35:44 am by Glacial Eidolon »
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2009, 05:37:31 am »

Figured I'd put in my two cents.
I...think you win. Wondered when someone'd automate.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2009, 11:41:24 am »

I just happened to find this thread, and might as well post an entry for the widest river, the Halltraded succession game which has been running for a while has a river that's 47 tiles wide. it used to be filled with skeletal carp too, but those have been taken care of as the river has been dammed, maps of the fortress are available at DFMA: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-6878-halltraded

The location of the fortress was chosen quite randomly, there might be wider stretches downstream as the river seems to travel a few times around the map before finally flowing of the edge. There's an interesting point where the other mayor river, the drool of fear (also 47 tiles wide) merges with the fogs of cremation, the river does not seem wider after the merger, so 47-48 might indeed be the maximum.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2009, 08:32:25 pm »

48x48 would be the size of a region tile if memory serves, so it seems unlikely a river could possibly get wider than that, as that would require it to cover more than 1 region tile.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2009, 05:18:11 pm »

What are the conditions for the "highest mountain" entry?  Does the embark site have to be USEFUL in any way (or embarkable without Embark Anywhere), does world painter cheating count, and does the embark site have to be 6x6 or so?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:20:41 pm by Malicus »

labouts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2010, 03:02:08 am »

Is the largest river 80 tiles wide or is it two rivers that are 40 each close to each other? I'm wondering because I have two rivers that are 47 across close to each other.

In case anyone is interested, here's the site and parameters

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:23:06 am by labouts »

DarkDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 12:52:18 am »

I got a 4x4 for you guys, and some questions, namely about versions:

First of all, the site:

4x4, lots of Z-levels (didn't count yet, at least 60), exposed magma pipe and bottomless pit right next to each other in a very interesting formation, HFS, Underground River, and freezing savage biome (for extra challenge).

Does NOT have: flux, sand, above ground river

CAN contain by widening area: chasm, brook (though the brook will be frozen).

Looking over it it has a TON of gems, more than I've ever seen before, probably has to do with the Z-levels, and a LOT of exposed kimberlite (I already found at least one exposed diamond cluster).

World gen info (funny thing is, it was genned w/default settings more or less, so it's mostly the seed you'll need):

Screenshots of embark location and Visual Fortress of the (imo) awesome magma pipe/pit formation.

embark
Visual Fortress

Now for my question: Does d16 not gen as awesome of worlds or something? I see most people playing with worldgen say to use 40d or 40d11. Why is that?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2010, 01:06:41 am »

I believe it is due to some crash bugs in more recent 40d#s that affect worldgen.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6