Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tweak mod and Lava/Magma question  (Read 417 times)

ulfr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tweak mod and Lava/Magma question
« on: May 26, 2009, 04:38:07 am »

So I've had a recent magma pipe issue with my fortress. I embarked on a location said to have a magma pipe. It was obvious at embark where it was, as there was a giant obsidian cap over top of the area, and a big hole in the mountainside going down to the obsidian cap--it looked liked a magma pipe with a cap, it even had fire snakes and stuff.

I dug out the cap and there was nothing below. So I kept digging. All the way to the bottom. Still nothing. No magma or lava. Now I'm pissed since the one thing I was looking for was refilling magma for my fortress.

I heard I can make magma with the Tweak mod from Gibbed. If I do this, will it make refilling magma if I make a magma pool at the lowest level? Or will I have to refill it every so often?

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tweak mod and Lava/Magma question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:12:34 am »

It won't refill if you use tweak utility. You'll have to find another location it seems.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 05:33:40 am »

If it had fire snakes then there is magma there. Fire Snakes only appear in and around magma.

Either that or you've just discovered an incredible bug.

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 05:36:03 am »

Hmm, maybe he just missed with his exploratory digging?

Suggestion: backup the save and run reveal.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.