Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: An FAQ and Start up guide for Adventurers  (Read 18372 times)

RustKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An FAQ and Start up guide for Adventurers
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 03:49:15 am »

Man that was sick... i just made my character go to legendary shielding proficency and then it got killed by a crossbower from a town (while i was looting)... how is this possible? i mean most of my deaths are because of arrows, any way to get some more protection against them ?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2009, 04:09:03 am »

Man that was sick... i just made my character go to legendary shielding proficency and then it got killed by a crossbower from a town (while i was looting)... how is this possible? i mean most of my deaths are because of arrows, any way to get some more protection against them ?
Yeah, arrows and crossbows are a serious danger to even a well trained adventurer. High wrestling and shield skills with some careful avoidance tactics are your best bet. That or you can cheat and edit the raws to make arrows and bolts do less damage.

RustKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2009, 04:24:50 am »

Nah i kind of like it this way, it's somewhat realistic...what i don't find realistic is when is when i baracade in a shop lets say at the entrance, and the enemies pile in at the entrance, how can they possibly fit?

And how can i train my streangh or agility?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2009, 12:43:44 pm »

Nah i kind of like it this way, it's somewhat realistic...what i don't find realistic is when is when i baracade in a shop lets say at the entrance, and the enemies pile in at the entrance, how can they possibly fit?

And how can i train my streangh or agility?
throwing will usually train strength and wrestling seems to train both or either randomly. Generally, once you're legendary in throwing, wrestling and sheild you should be at the peak of all the atribute stats, or at least close.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2009, 08:36:23 am »

I still don't understand how to actually get started. In all my games I have a large lack of things to actually fight, so I can't earn money or raise my skills. Where can you find good squishies?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:07 pm »

I still don't understand how to actually get started. In all my games I have a large lack of things to actually fight, so I can't earn money or raise my skills. Where can you find good squishies?
What race are you? If you're an elf it will be hard to find anything to fight. if not then all you should have to do is keep running back and forth in the fast travel screen till you get attacked.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2009, 05:09:56 pm »

elfs brun them from there trees and laf.
not that travlers are alone most of the time
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ghavrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2009, 01:32:21 am »

So... I'm in the Travel worldmap, and I'm in a tiny pocket of the world surrounded by mountains. I've been told that the capital is inaccessible from here, which leads me to believe... that I can't get there.  :P

Am I well and truly stuck in Bupkiss, Dorflandia?

EDIT: Needless to say, attempting to move into a mountainous region is a no-go. The forests let me move through them, though.
Ramps in DF are these sort of hyperdimensional monstrosities capable of allowing you to walk upwards in whatever direction seems plausible at the time

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2009, 01:38:09 am »

If you want to get to the places blocked off by mountains you'll have to stock up on food, and drink and walk. rather simple really, just run the entire way with at least one 5 stack of food, and two 3 stacks of water or have 6 water coverings, that'll get you over a 6 tile long stretch of mountains with 1 food left
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2009, 09:21:46 pm »

Water coverings are a convenient way to carry water.  A bit weird when you think about it, but never mind.

RustKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 04:40:39 am »

Hey piecewise why isn't this thread sticky? would be very helpful for the new people that come in on the adventurer section.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 12:33:32 pm »

Hey piecewise why isn't this thread sticky? would be very helpful for the new people that come in on the adventurer section.
I would sticky it except I can't.

Hey mods, sticky plz?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »

Sticky plz.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RustKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2009, 03:48:15 pm »

There is quite an important and significant amount of info here that would be a shame to go on page 2 to actually see it...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 05:17:52 pm »

I sent toady a message about it, so maybe it will get sticky'ed.

If not we can just bump it occationally
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8