Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70

Author Topic: Live Mafia on IRC with a great moderator Bot.  (Read 91016 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Live Mafia on IRC with a great moderator Bot.
« Reply #915 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:01 pm »

I despise Mafiascum.
It's alright in theory, but I strongly dislike the people.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #916 on: June 09, 2010, 05:52:05 am »

These MafiaScum people are a horrible community.
It's not properly the mafiascum community.  It's the Xylbot community.  Attitudes are different.
I got lynched after a mass claim (seriously? What is this baby-style mafia play?) because I said 'townie' instead of 'peasant'.
Well, you claimed something that could not be and the kind probably though that you were a new player who was not fake claiming right.  Hence, he had no problem lynching you on the spot.  In his defence, you lied about your claim.  It's not the same if you had said: "town".  You apparently claimed to have the role "townie".
The King got upset with me and decided to spam 'WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK' in a private window to me.
Meh, people who play 5 matches forget they knew nothing about the game five days ago and expect knowledge from everyone. 
When I called him on it in the public chat after game end, everybody said it was my own fault for being too stupid to say 'peasant'
Everyone might be a very small group of people who don't think clearly.
and that Fox is the most mature person on the server.
sigh... You were doing great... Until you said this... You clearly haven't played enough there to experience the usual flow of things.
What the hell is this?
An interesting place to play some interesting and hard mafia that sometimes relies too heavily on roles and sometimes relies on someone bullying the rest of the players into following him.

You'll be fine only if you can ignore egomaniacs, get the best out of people who don't care so much or are always looking for a leader.
I despise Mafiascum.
It's alright in theory, but I strongly dislike the people.
mafiascum or xylbot?  Mafiascum is usually alright as long as you don't meet this Imneverwrong types.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 09, 2010, 01:33:40 pm »

mafiascum or xylbot?  Mafiascum is usually alright as long as you don't meet this Imneverwrong types.

Mafiascum. The first game I played was just...unfun. And the moderator at that game was horrible. They hardly ever gave counts at all.

It's not really 'despise', more 'dislike'.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 09, 2010, 02:32:28 pm »

These MafiaScum people are a horrible community. I got lynched after a mass claim (seriously? What is this baby-style mafia play?) because I said 'townie' instead of 'peasant'. The King got upset with me and decided to spam 'WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK' in a private window to me. When I called him on it in the public chat after game end, everybody said it was my own fault for being too stupid to say 'peasant', and that Fox is the most mature person on the server.

What the hell is this?
To be fair, this is a newbscum mistake... and if you're new, they may assume you've fallen into the trap.  Just remember to claim your exact rolename, anyway.

And MCing is an important tool for the town if you do it at lylo... works better than it does on the forums, as it stops scum from making a claim that slips between the previous claimers, and also lets investigative roles confirm their actions (for example, by rolecopping or tracking).

As for mafiascum... the games feel a lot less swingy, somehow, due to hammers and such.  I quite enjoyed a Large Normal game I had there (unfortunately the scumteam I was on was trapped and blasted to bits by a bunch of powerroles... it's difficult to avoid a vigkill when you're not even being accused of being scum :/).

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:35 pm »

Some of the people who play mafia are douchebags. That sometimes includes me, by the way. Just keep saying "chillax" and eventually everyone will either calm down or rage-quit.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 09, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »

I am also guilty of this. My view is that you should say "I didn't know" and then say chillax.

However, don't lie unless there's a good reason.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 09, 2010, 06:07:35 pm »

I am also guilty of this. My view is that you should say "I didn't know" and then say chillax.

However, don't lie unless there's a good reason.
Being a lovestruck townie at 5p lylo.

FUUUUUUUUU-

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 09, 2010, 06:13:53 pm »

Precisely.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 09, 2010, 08:51:59 pm »

I threw everybody off guard and one a Mafia victory by declaring 'Missionary' in one of my earlier games.

I've been playing this sort of thing on forums for 5 years, though. I think people are taking these 4 minute games way too seriously.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 09, 2010, 09:40:18 pm »

Mafiascum people take all games seriously. They don't know how to just be laid back and have fun.

And yes, I am sterotyping.

Daz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 12, 2010, 05:34:07 am »

To be fair, I don't think anybody has ever officially affiliated XylBot with mafiascum. the fact that the previous owner plays( or played) there is irrelevant. Theer's a healthy mix of Bay12, mafiascum, MGT, and a fair few who have never played forum mafia (myself included).

Fox doesn't appear to be the most mature person, I agree. He has a completely different playstyle that forces people to learn very quickly or get out. Not everyone agrees with that. Mafia, specifically IRC mafia, IS about egos though, and that doesn't always appeal to everyone. If you're not confident enough to assert your opinion on people, it's unlikely you'll win many games.

The four-minute games make a far different situation from forums. That does force the use of roles more than play, which inevitably makes it harder on the newbs. However, that doesn't make those four-minute games any less important to the players than a four-month Bay12 game - people want fun and wins just the same.

Just my two cents, as this is the only topic I actually look at on here. 
Come and join us in #mafia @ irc.globalgamers.net for great IRC games and fun conversations.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 12, 2010, 09:43:31 am »

Yeah... Fox is all like "GAI THIS IS OUTFOX !vote Webadict do it now!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 11, 2010, 09:01:14 pm »

Does anyone still go on this...? Where is Leafsnail? He used to...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:36 pm »

Does anyone still go on this...? Where is Leafsnail? He used to...

Leafsnail's on vacation.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 11, 2010, 09:15:43 pm »

Yeah, and dakarian's on sick leave.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70