Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Sites  (Read 888 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
New Sites
« on: May 25, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »

What would I ahve to do to add a new type of site to the? Is this possible? Will I have to modify hard coded things?

Specifically, I wanted to add Eskimo Villages and Desert Camps. Has someone done something like this before?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Sites
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:43:57 pm »

What would I ahve to do to add a new type of site to the? Is this possible? Will I have to modify hard coded things?

Specifically, I wanted to add Eskimo Villages and Desert Camps. Has someone done something like this before?

sites are hardcoded, sorry. =(. You'll have to approximate with cities.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:31:44 am »

Wouldn't a city in the desert be a pretty close approximation, though? Is it possible to mod humans to settle in the desert?

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 12:52:34 am »

Wouldn't a city in the desert be a pretty close approximation, though? Is it possible to mod humans to settle in the desert?

yeah it's simple enough to mod humans to settle in the desert. You could even set up a unique desert human entity with no problems. Add these two tags to the entity file:
   [START_BIOME:ANY_DESERT]
   [BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_DESERT:3]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:29:25 am »

Yeah, my mid-eastern civ does that pretty good. However most of their buildings are made from sandstone and saguaro.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository