Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tame GCSs  (Read 1272 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Tame GCSs
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 04:19:58 pm »

Those are tame giant cave spiders that adopted dwarves through the [VERMIN_HUNTER] tag. They are not "Stray" because they belong to someone, and they do not have names because [VERMIN_HUNTER] adopted animals do not get names.
Nope.  They get names.  All pets get names when adopted.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 05:06:37 pm »

Modding in of a vermin called a giant cave spider (or renaming the regular cave spider) and taming them

Or, uh, just making a creature named "Giant Cave Spider (Tame)".

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 08:53:00 pm »

Those are tame giant cave spiders that adopted dwarves through the [VERMIN_HUNTER] tag. They are not "Stray" because they belong to someone, and they do not have names because [VERMIN_HUNTER] adopted animals do not get names.
Nope.  They get names.  All pets get names when adopted.

Yep. You are right.

I never embark with cats, so I got a little bit confused.

It was a couple of years ago, but I swear I had a "Cat (Tame)". No owner; no name. I don't remember how it happened, though.
Modding in of a vermin called a giant cave spider (or renaming the regular cave spider) and taming them

Or, uh, just making a creature named "Giant Cave Spider (Tame)".

The problem with that is they would show up as "Stray Giant Cave Spider (Tame) (Tame) unless they weren't tamed. And if they weren't tamed, they wouldn't all be standing in a neat pile in his meeting area.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.
Pages: 1 [2]