Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: +- on Mac  (Read 724 times)

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
+- on Mac
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:04:59 pm »

Yeah, I just got a mac. When playing I was confronted with a situation where I needed to use the +- keys that are normally on the window's numpad. Where are these keys located on the mac? Because the one on the number row doesn't seem to work...
Yeah yeah yeah!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: +- on Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:35:46 pm »

Hold down the fn key, then press / for + or ; for -. I'd suggest getting a keyboard with a numpad though. Macs will support them unless they need special software, and they're invaluable in gaming, especially roguelikes.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:13:13 pm »

Forget about getting a new keyboard, just remap them to something more sensible.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 08:19:38 pm »

Forget about getting a new keyboard, just remap them to something more sensible.

Exactly what I did.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:20:16 pm »

I remapped mine to [ ] and shift+[, shift+]

Much easier than +- from the num pad.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 08:33:39 pm »

Remapping = efficient.

Efficient != dwarven.

You're all heretics, now wait here for three seasons while my magma powered rube goldberg death machine kills you.

Coilgunner

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Over 9000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 10:51:44 pm »

Hold down the fn key, then press / for + or ; for -. I'd suggest getting a keyboard with a numpad though. Macs will support them unless they need special software, and they're invaluable in gaming, especially roguelikes.

I play DF on a laptop and this is all I ever use.  when I switched over to my fullsized keyboard, I found it hard to move my hand over to the plus minus key over and over again.  I'm so used to hitting the fn key now.
Sweet mother of God! I just arrived in adventure mode and the sturgeon is still spitting out bits of dwarf!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 10:43:30 am »

I play DF on a laptop and this is all I ever use.  when I switched over to my fullsized keyboard, I found it hard to move my hand over to the plus minus key over and over again.  I'm so used to hitting the fn key now.

Huh, i couldnt fathon NOT using the numpad when i tried on my laptop, i guess its all about initial experience/adaption.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 02:29:12 pm »

I can agree with the laptop view.