Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 100% dwarf!  (Read 1122 times)

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
100% dwarf!
« on: May 24, 2009, 05:12:05 am »

I wanted a foxed tamed when I get this message. blah blah cannot tame fox, interrupted by carp.

Oh No... When suddenly he jumped into the river and took out 1 or 2 carp! At first I thought it was the carps who killed him but it wasn't!

picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think he deserves either a legendary dining hall, legendary room or a coffin in shape of a fish with a line through it!

Emperor Iones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 100% dwarf!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:13:11 am »

Awesome. But I don't know if you can give a non-pet a coffin.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 05:40:52 am »

Too bad he's drowning...
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:38:36 am »

Too bad he's drowning...
Yes... He didn't make it.

warlordzephyr

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeping dwarves in booze since 2008 (40d)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 02:52:38 pm »

Give him a grand burial, the best tomb ever and carve a load of engravings about him.
I just made all my dorfs proficient Biters, liars, and went from there.
"Did you eat Urist?"
"Pshht, of course not!"shifty eyes

Scruga

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McDwarf cancels eat: Interupted by goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 03:12:36 pm »

Make his skin into the kings robe!

(too cruel? I would see it as an honour :3)
New question! If I were to remove elves [INTELLIGENT] tag in the raws, would it work?
Dwarf Fortress: Where taking a creatures intelligence is an accepted way of modding.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 04:02:06 pm »

Make his skin into the kings robe!

(too cruel? I would see it as an honour :3)
And his bones for a scepter and crown. Let his spirit guide the actions of the king.

If only you can assign multiple materials and construct your own custom items (though they would lack the artifact rating), then that scepter would be made out of his femur and skull, menacing with spikes of his fingers and toes, decorated with rings of his ribs. It may not be an artifact, bit sentimentally, it would be.

(Going off tangent for a moment here)

That SO has to become a feature; of course, with a pre-requisite of proficiency (the more skill above proficient, the more items that can be mixed and assigned at will) of the craft to be able to custom-make things. Kinda like how The Sims 2 required a minimum skill level to allow custom content to be painted/made. I mean, so far, workshops only work with the nearest neighbor method of assignment, and you can't choose exactly what you want used as easily; plus, so far, you can only make/decorate stuff out of one object/material at a time (again, in nearest neigbor format).

It could make for some interesting themeing of fortresses with less effort. Heck you could even save the theme formats if you want as well (IE- a series of obsidian/marble statues and doors and whatnot). Of course, doing this will not allow the Artifact rating to applied, and the higher quality rankings are harder to obtain, as well as they take much longer to produce apiece. At least then, value can't be cheated in by fake-making mega-facts. There are limits to what you can do/force, but you can still be creative. Custom furniture and whatnot becomes more of a privilege, even naming them yourself too.

...Sorry, just got another wild idea from reading a post/topic. Does it sound too "out there" by any chance? or would it actually be an interesting feature? It, of course, could be toggled from the init file whether you want the option active or not.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 04:11:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

The Orange Mage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 05:31:09 pm »

I had a simple woodcutter with a little bit of axedwarf chase a kobold their out of my fort once. All he had were clothes and an axe.

Then he got distracted and jumped into a small pond that contained 5 carp and a sea lamprey. I quickly tell a miner to dig a ramp out just in case he manages to survive long enough to live.

Turns out he enters a martial trance, spins around with his axe fast enough to probably cause a whirlpool, and slaughters them all while getting nothing but a few very minor wounds. The miner arrives shortly thereafter and digs the ramp, and my woodcutter walks out as if it was nothing...

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 06:36:36 pm »

Turns out he enters a martial trance, spins around with his axe fast enough to probably cause a whirlpool, and slaughters them all while getting nothing but a few very minor wounds. The miner arrives shortly thereafter and digs the ramp, and my woodcutter walks out as if it was nothing...

Did you give him a gold plated room? you shoulda
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.