Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The aliens are invading! And they brought the plague!  (Read 2172 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: The aliens are invading! And they brought the plague!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 12:01:50 am »

Just like waterboarding simulates drowning, magmaboarding simulates horrible flesh burning pain. Fun.
*cough* simulates... right... *cough*
Also, wouldn't aliens simply asplode your fortress the moment you are perceived as a threat?

The aliens try in X-com.  Usually ends with them landing by the base and getting gunned down before they even get 2 tiles away from the access lift or hangar.  End game they get blown out of the sky the moment they get within the range of your world ending super base defences and don't even get the privilege of being gunned down and mind controlled by yer army of psychic navy seal supersoldier ninjas.

I imagine it would be the same with a DF system.  They'd just develop a long range magma cannon.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: The aliens are invading! And they brought the plague!
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 03:51:29 pm »

I can just imagine the pure awesomeness of dumping thousands of tons of magma on mars while orbiting the planet in one of these: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=36955.0
Pages: 1 [2]