Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Hillarious "Counter" Bug  (Read 3647 times)

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hillarious "Counter" Bug
« on: May 23, 2009, 06:31:53 am »

I was shooting up the gentleman's club and I was just about to escape when I encountered a conservative doctor and corporate manager. I take the doctor hostage, and the corporate manager attempts to punch me...

here comes the funny part: instead of punching me, he "MISTAKENLY" punches the doctor, who COUNTERS and punches the corporate manager in the head, knocking out 18 teeth!  ;D
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hillarious "Counter" Bug
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:50:33 am »

That's the most awesome bug ever.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 07:52:49 am »

"Okay, now, hostage, if anyone tries to punch me, I want you to sock it to them. If you fail to do this I will shoot you. If you miss it's okay."
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

narakal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 07:58:35 am »

um.... actually I think this could be intended behavior in the sense that, when somebody punches you, no matter the ideology, I would probably punch back in this case?

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:11:17 am »

um.... actually I think this could be intended behavior in the sense that, when somebody punches you, no matter the ideology, I would probably punch back in this case?
I know I would...
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:19:16 am »

I don't know about you, but if I had a gun pointed at my head, I would not punch the guy who was trying to punch said gunmen.
I always just found it peculiar that the police are always able to pin the crime on you 100 percent of the time. The fact that organized crime rings exist at all without being bombed to hell by the national guard is evidence enough that this is not strictly the case in reality.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 10:00:19 am »

I don't know about you, but if I had a gun pointed at my head, I would not punch the guy who was trying to punch said gunmen.
I would if he punched me, hell, I'm gonna die anyway, might as well go with style.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:26:13 am »

In his defence; if the guy punching hit the man holding a gun to my head, I'd be worried the gun would go off, and possibly quite pissed off at the retard not understanding the situation...

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 11:44:58 am »

In his defence; if the guy punching hit the man holding a gun to my head, I'd be worried the gun would go off, and possibly quite pissed off at the retard not understanding the situation...
Good point!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 04:47:20 pm »

I was under the impression that people only had a vague impression that you were holding someone hostage until the alarm is raised. As if the gun was out of sight, or the hostage was, as asked by the hostage taker, being cool.
!!&!!

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 04:49:58 pm »

I was under the impression that people only had a vague impression that you were holding someone hostage until the alarm is raised. As if the gun was out of sight, or the hostage was, as asked by the hostage taker, being cool.
Code: [Select]
      if(law[LAW_FREESPEECH]==-2)addstr("\"[Please], be cool.\"");
      else addstr("\"Bitch, be cool.\"");

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 05:02:53 pm »

I think things change during combat. Otherwise they'd be pretty useless as shields.

Oksbad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:49:06 am »

Well I was shooting up the club and had killed 1-2 people, so the alarm was most definitely raised.

Wait, you say "please be cool" if free speech is low? Nice detail by the way.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 04:02:14 am »

Well I was shooting up the club and had killed 1-2 people, so the alarm was most definitely raised.

Wait, you say "please be cool" if free speech is low? Nice detail by the way.
Just wait 'till I commit my changes. I changed a *lot* regarding speech.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 06:02:15 am »

Care for a preview?
!!&!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4