Poll

Which do you think I should use?

Gimp
- 2 (28.6%)
Tuxpaint
- 5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Recruits. (A Pesant Adventure style game) (Full. For now anyway...)  (Read 10031 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: The Recruits. (A PA style game)
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 09:58:17 pm »

Needs more Dakka. WAAAGH. For The Emperor. Craft World. Holy Terra. The Imperium of Man. For The Greater Good. Bolters, chainswords, and God Emperor SOD-IT.

Why? Why would I bother at all?

Because god damn it if you weren't asking for it.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 10:05:37 pm »

How's this for a character sheet?

Name: Private Inaluct
Nationality: Working Class American, fuck yeah
Personality in Two Words: Insecure Rookie (alternately, Gung-ho Rookie)
Background: Inaluct comes from a large working class family. He has many siblings, many of whom were also drafted. He fills the narrative's need for a rookie that needs things to be explained to him, thereby creating exposition.

Here's one in case Strife dies or something:
Name: Lance Corporal Lance Corporal
Nationality: Middle Class American
Personality: Fatalistic Pessimist
Background: Lance's parents, Mr and Mrs. Corporal, were fans of Joseph Heller's Catch-22. In emulation of Major Major, they named their son Lance, thus dooming him to a stagnant career should he ever choose to join the military. Unfortunately, he was drafted not too long ago. He quickly soared through the ranks to the prestigious position of Lance Corporal. Of course, he has not received a promotion since, and he never will. His name is just too perfect.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 10:09:05 pm »

How's this for a character sheet?

Name: Private Inaluct
Nationality: Working Class American, fuck yeah
Personality in Two Words: Insecure Rookie (alternately, Gung-ho Rookie)
Background: Inaluct comes from a large working class family. He has many siblings, many of whom were also drafted. He fills the narrative's need for a rookie that needs things to be explained to him, thereby creating exposition.
Sounds fine, but you need something to distinguish yourself from the non characters.
EDIT: Just remembered Strife's question. It's a near future setting, with rapid inter-solar travel, chainguns and a wide verity of alien menaces.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:13:48 pm by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Recruits. (A Pesant Adventure style game)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 10:19:41 pm »

Lance Corporal Strife
No Class American (He has the stuff on his back, which is nice, but nothing else)
Drifting Expert.

Strife is an Anarchism and an Archetype. No one knows much about his past (or why it’s known that he’s American); he’s impressed just about everyone with his proficiency in handguns and longarms of most stripes. He also carries a combat knife with him. He’s not particularly quiet or reclusive, but no one has really approached him. Currently wears a tan greatcoat most of the time.

Could I reask my what does the PA stand for?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:26 pm »

Alright. What if he's only like 5'7" or something, and has an unusually scratched up helmet? And, just because it's bizarre;

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 10:31:46 pm »

Could I reask my what does the PA stand for?
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=31493.0
Alright. What if he's only like 5'7" or something, and has an unusually scratched up helmet? And, just because it's bizarre;
@hight: I'd have to make an extra model, plus my guy would be a foot taller than you.
@other bit: scratched up helmet might work.
@spoiler: We have ways of finding out all your secrets... Mwahhahaha!
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 12:32:17 am »

Do you want actions or anything?

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 01:07:43 am »

Name: Private Little
Nationality: Lower Class American
Personality: Heroic Sociopath
Background: A former transient, she was drafted when given the ultimatum: "Sign up with the Army for a term or serve five years for arson." Little chose the former, the Army accepting criminals with non-violent crimes into their lower ranks due to them needing a high-number of recruits. Little now hopes to light things on fire with the full force of the Army behind her!
Secret: Is afraid of spiders
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 08:20:15 am »

Okay, I'll kick in too.

Name: Private McDwarf

Nationality: Unknown Immigrant

Personality: Kleptomaniacal Gearhead

Background: Private McDwarf has been quickly drafted into service soon after he arrived in USA. As he emerged from the ship with the rest of the immigrants from somewhere unknown, a police force squad moved in and tried to arrest the immigrants and the ship owners. McDwarf, however, repelled, knocking one officer into uncounsciousness, broke another officer's rib and bashed the third in the nuts.The force called it a good fight and offered him a spot as cannon fodder. He didn't have anything better to do so signed in, in promises of things to steal and loot.

Secret: He has a rare mutation, giving him a longer spine, in form of a ''tail''. He's quite ashamed of it, and has never ever told anybody about it.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 06:26:29 pm »

Oh, does Strife need a secret secret too?

Secret: Strife is a trans-planar entinty who only appears during or directly before times of war. He has more than one lifetime of experience in most manners of combat, although he can rarely remember much of it. He occasionally posseses the ability to produce assorted weaponry (knives, gunpowder handguns and projectile battle rifles) from his trenchcoat which is also proof against small caliber weapons. He doesn't particularly care if anyone knows it, although he won't annnounce it to the heavens.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 07:27:03 pm »

So, he's basically insane and clings to his undoubtedly filthy trenchcoat until some general sees it and orders it destroyed?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 07:39:48 pm »

Can I join?

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 10:37:44 pm »

Hey Archangel, just a tip:

Paint.NET - Free and small, with a lot of advanced tools. Needs .NET 2.5 though.

EDIT: Yeah I know, I made the officer extra ugly.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:54:16 pm by BigFatDwarf »
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 03:03:38 am »

Can I join?
Sorry, the game's full now. You're first on the waiting list though.

Also, Little and BigFatDwarf, what do you want me to put on your helmets to make you different?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:29:30 am by Archangel »
My full sig

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 06:52:59 am »

Can I join?
Sorry, the game's full now. You're first on the waiting list though.

Don't worry Org, if this follows Peasant Adventure, we should be dead in a few turns anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4