Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do I Drink Stuff?  (Read 1438 times)

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I Drink Stuff?
« on: May 22, 2009, 05:33:06 pm »

Ok, so I've got this guy (human I think) that's slaughtered about 50-75% of this town without getting a single wound, by using a tactical combination of throwing guppy and/or vomit and hitting stuff with a morningstar.  And then, out of nowhere, he gets thirsty.  I threw his water in the beginning of the file, so I don't have it anymore.  If someone could please tell me how to acquire water (and then drink it of course), that would be very helpful.
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: How do I Drink Stuff?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 05:42:33 pm »

Fast Travel out of there.  Use capital T.
e i think is drink...
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:44:04 pm »

Can't you drink your blood coverings if you're dieing of thirst, though?
You CAN drink water coverings.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:15:37 pm »

in one of the shops there should be a waterskin. Steal the waterskin and then fill it with water from a puddle or a river or at a temple. Use e to drink it. Or drink the human blood off your sword, that works too. Hell you can drink vomit if you're thirsty enough

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 05:47:04 am »

I generally just have a nice dip in a lake.  Got some swimming, and covered in water too.

Btw, does anyone else find it strange that a human refuses to lick blood or eat flesh unless starving, but it perfectly happy to lick a leather thong?

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 06:25:35 am »

in one of the shops there should be a waterskin. Steal the waterskin and then fill it with water from a puddle or a river or at a temple. Use e to drink it. Or drink the human blood off your sword, that works too. Hell you can drink vomit if you're thirsty enough

Piecewise is a dwarf.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 12:54:58 pm »

If the game would let me I would drink nothing more then the blood of my enemies.

Perferably directly from their bloody stumps.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 02:19:31 pm »

If the game would let me I would drink nothing more then the blood of my enemies.

No doubt. He's a dwarf.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 03:10:11 pm »

Not sure if thats a complement or a snarky remark about my habit of stealing shit. Really could go either way.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 05:07:31 pm »

If you lose an arm, permanent source of water!

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:21 pm »

Well, vomit is my primary throwing weapon, so i suppose that would work.  But, is there any difference in-game between drinking water and drinking vomit or blood or ichor, etc.?
Anyway, I figure that the dwarves are only marginally less wasteful of metal than they are of wood. The moody dwarf's selecting only the best 5% of each bar of metal, and eats the rest to sustain him as he works on the artifact.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 05:16:30 pm »

not that I've seen. You can only do it when you're dying of thirst though, not just thirsty. If you're already ransacking a town you might as well steal the waterskin, or fill it if you have one.

Zancor Mezoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 06:07:24 pm »

Very well, water it is.  Thanks!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 01:35:16 pm »

I thought you could drink water directly from a pool with the eat menu.  Just scroll down until it starts displaying local tile contents.

If all else fails, (and you have at least novice swimming) you could alt-direction to climb down into the pool and drink directly.  Just make sure to go down into the water.  Jumping in by moving to open space pretty much results in a stunning bellyflop that can cause you to drown.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 12:05:28 am »

Not sure if thats a complement or a snarky remark about my habit of stealing shit. Really could go either way.
When I read that, the first thought that came to mind was this topic: Dwarves Don't Poop

Adventure mode may get a little more interesting when it gets implemented (if possible). And you thought getting socked was bad...
Pages: [1] 2