Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Right-wing radio host waterboarded, admits it's torture  (Read 7281 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Right-wing radio host waterboarded, admits it's torture
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:43:59 pm »

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Mancow-Takes-on-Waterboarding-and-Loses.html

"Turns out the stunt wasn't so funny. Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop.  He only lasted 6 or 7 seconds."

It's...almost schadenfreude.  Not quite, but almost.  But it is informative about what exactly it involves.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Right-wing radio host waterboarded, admits it's torture
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:48:56 pm »

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Mancow-Takes-on-Waterboarding-and-Loses.html

"Turns out the stunt wasn't so funny. Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop.  He only lasted 6 or 7 seconds."

It's...almost schadenfreude.  Not quite, but almost.  But it is informative about what exactly it involves.
Mancow.

Right-wing radio host.

Um. No.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:50:54 pm »

I like this guy, suddenly. Not only is this going to convince tons of conservatives that waterboarding is torture, it also shows that this guy is willing to test his beliefs and change his position when he's obviously wrong. That's more than can be said about most people.

And rickvoid, aren't you a member of the CCS or something?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:53:02 pm »

I like this guy, suddenly. Not only is this going to convince tons of conservatives that waterboarding is torture, it also shows that this guy is willing to test his beliefs and change his position when he's obviously wrong. That's more than can be said about most people.

And rickvoid, aren't you a member of the CCS or something?

CLF, thank you. (Conservative Liberation Force)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 04:59:45 pm »

Mancow.

Right-wing radio host.

Um. No.

Fine, then.  I don't know the guy, but I don't think you'd hear many left-wing ones claiming that it isn't torture.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »

Mancow.

Right-wing radio host.

Um. No.

Fine, then.  I don't know the guy, but I don't think you'd hear many left-wing ones claiming that it isn't torture.
He's pretty much just a jerk. Dis-owned the guy a loooong time ago.

Taniec

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to save the day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 05:18:02 pm »

Mancow.

Right-wing radio host.

Um. No.

He's pretty much just a jerk. Dis-owned the guy a loooong time ago.

As a chicagoan, it pains me whenever I hear this guy on the radio. Then again there are only a handful of GOOD radio personalities these days.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 07:33:43 pm »

Morons on Parade
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 08:19:19 pm »

This gives me a briliant idea...
If I waterboard myself alot, I can become more resistant to drowing effects and become stronger!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 08:22:24 pm »

If I waterboard myself alot, I can become more resistant to drowing effects and become psychologically scarred!

ftfy
!!&!!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 08:55:08 pm »

If I waterboard myself alot, I can become more resistant to drowing effects and become psychologically scarred!

ftfy
hosh posh, its all an illusion. Plus some scarring will just make me more resistant to the effects of scarring.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:21 pm »

Wait, you mean there are some people that don't see wb as torture?
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 10:59:00 pm »

Apparently?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 12:18:39 am »

Pffft. Waterboarding isn't torture. There's no physical harm, no intense pain. It doesn't even cause any debilitating permanent injuries! What gives!?

Sheesh. Here I was thinking that this thing everybody called torture would be painful and utterly ruinous on the person getting 'tortured'.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 12:22:11 am »

Pffft. Waterboarding isn't torture. There's no physical harm, no intense pain. It doesn't even cause any debilitating permanent injuries! What gives!?
Torture isent suppose to leave scars, its a way to get information out of someone, not harm them(unless your a sick and depraved person).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5