Hell, yeah!
- 34 (39.1%)
Heavens, no!
- 17 (19.5%)
Whatev, brah!
- 36 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Microsoft Sucks  (Read 8614 times)

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Sucks
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 05:57:57 pm »

Didn't have any problems with Windows XP or Vista 64-bit, so I am going with whatever.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 07:59:16 pm »

If you have dozens of .dll errors on shutdown, don't blame windows. Blame whatever shit you've installed, and/or poor computer skills. I've never had an issue with XP on any computer that has been mine alone. My only issues have been with family computers, and issues between said multi-interest software mixes.

Also, I used OO for a while. It was slow as hell, which pretty much instantly turned me off. Now I just use notepad and wordpad.
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 08:04:06 pm »

I'm a bit mystified as to the lack of commentary on the React OS link I posted. It's a fairly interesting idea. An attempt to implement the same dynamic link library system of windows, such that windows applications would work natively in the system without any modification.

Eventually, anyway. It's still early alpha, but some things do work.
!!&!!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 08:07:03 pm »

I picked heavens no simply because I find all these vendettas against something that isn't anywhere near as troublesome as this guys say it is somewhat annoying.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 08:20:05 pm »

I dislike Microsoft primarily because of their tier based releases. I mean, when it comes to the cheapest form of Vista and Windows 7, all it amounts to is taking a mid-level release and putting it in a strait-jacket. Like selling a bunch of swiss army knives, taking a batch and gluing half of the tools down, and selling the ones you haven't ruined for more.

I dislike apple because they feel the need to have total control over every single piece of hardware and software they release, to the point where upgrading them is neigh impossible. The full self-contained desktops were the primary problem. Monitor break? Speaker? Ram stick? Webcam? The whole computer has to be taken in and repaired.
!!&!!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 08:24:02 pm »

Microsoft is ok when you get to know him.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 08:26:00 pm »

I dislike microsoft because they made vista, and all it's failures, although I do think XP is good. Also, what version of microsoft office do you use? I stick with 97 because that's what I have, and it isn't shiny in any way. It works, unlike most things I have seen, and the only modification I use is to add the spacing buttons to one of the standard toolbars(single space, double space, 1.5 space).
Eh?
Eh!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 11:55:12 pm »

Office 2003 Rules!  :)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 04:59:38 am »

One must remember that without Microsoft, we'd be pretty much fucked.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 07:17:28 am »

Windows Vista seems to be where Microsoft is getting most of its hate from.  One day Apple and Linux will have their own "vistas."
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 09:07:38 am »

Windows Vista seems to be where Microsoft is getting most of its hate from.  One day Apple and Linux will have their own "vistas."

I don't know about Linux, but in Apple's case, isn't that all their OSs? Seriously, no right click? Not to mention their incompatibility and overall shittiness.

Did I mention they cost more?

Not to mention their commercials. Remember the few ones where they said Macs can run Windows and etc? They said now you can use a mac for everything. Now this just begs the question. Why use a mac then?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 11:24:47 am »

Only thing I have against Macintosh is the interface. Honestly, I can't figure out how to switch between windows. At least Windows and most Linux distros have the open windows neatly listed at the bottom. And yes, I know; I'd like it if I got used to it, but it just seems horribly unintuitive.

As far as Windows goes, I don't mind XP so much, but Vista has been a major pain in the ass every single time I've had to use it. Also, I have a lot more fun using Linux, and the general immunity to malware is a rather nice bonus.

In other news, after using Ubuntu extensively, I find Windows' lack of "snappiness" annoying. Windows should snap together when you drag them, dammit.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2009, 12:30:58 pm »

Edit: also, winamp > media player. Just thought I should add that.
XMPlay > both of those.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2009, 01:19:59 pm »

Didn't have any problems with Windows XP or Vista 64-bit, so I am going with whatever.

I voted for "NO" to be honest. I also never ever had any problems with XP or x64 Vista either...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2009, 01:35:41 pm »

Linux is a kernel.
If a linux based OS is crappy, switch to another one. Probably uses the same kernel(or an earlier/later version) but you get a diffrent interface.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7