Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Episode V: The Elves Strike Back ~ BACK FROM THE UNKNOWN~  (Read 9418 times)

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Episode V: The Elves Strike Back
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 12:27:55 pm »

Ah, hilarious! And so true about them going to look and getting offed; in the game, the dwarves will risk life and limb for that x<pig tail right sock>x (creates *fun* when you have hippos, carp AND alligators, all on the same map. I ended up installing a lever I explicitly labeled with a note as the "sanity" lever). Good writeup, and looking forward to the next piece.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 02:15:31 pm »

yer, I'm gonna wait and see if anyone else wants to join as the next bit is really easy to add people in and will have twice the amount of gore than I would have put in to make up for the lack in the last posts
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 02:55:02 pm »

Name: The Fat One
Race: Collosal hamster
Backstory: Captured by the elves, most definatly allied. Seems unintelligent, but is capable of speaking. Friendly with elves, allows elf children to sleep next to his enormous soft fat body.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 03:12:53 pm »

Name: The Fat One
Race: Collosal hamster
Backstory: Captured by the elves, most definatly allied. Seems unintelligent, but is capable of speaking. Friendly with elves, allows elf children to sleep next to his enormous soft fat body.

hahaha lol you're definitly going in!

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 07:33:49 am »

name: ascubis
race: dwarven human
backstory: was born in a human town but captured by dwarfs. wears a prosthetic beard most of the time and likes sharp objects }:)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 07:41:12 am »

not sure about captured, dwarfs usualy just kill all of there prisoners.

=EDIT=

it would make more sense if you joined the dwarfs but if you want to have your guy captured and raised in dwarven society I can do that
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:52:08 am by Metal Militia »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 09:40:44 am »

Before this starts I'd just like to say you should go grab my mod and use it in this: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=35736.0

The publicity would be swell and it'd make for a more interesting fortress  :).

PS - If you decide to use the mod and this isn't a bloodline game you can count me in.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 09:55:05 am »

I'm not using a fortress to make this story, I'm writing it as I'm going a long (but If I do get a bit stuck I might have the guys move to a fortress or if it makes sense in the story)

But I have used you mod and do recommend it to all the other readers in this forum

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 09:58:48 am »

I'm not using a fortress to make this story, I'm writing it as I'm going a long (but If I do get a bit stuck I might have the guys move to a fortress or if it makes sense in the story)

But I have used you mod and do recommend it to all the other readers in this forum

You have made me very happy  ;D.

I will likewise recommend your community fortress/story if I get the chance. Count me in... Sword elf please.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:53 am »

awesome!

gonna have to make a list of people now, a fair bit of interest

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 11:25:00 am »

Metal, how did you get AsciiDraw to use the correct character set?  I haven't figured out how to get it to display things like the Omega sign (for statues) or the proper table/chair characters.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 11:51:04 am »

alright i can join them cause i hate living above ground :P under is alot better than over

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 04:13:51 pm »

Metal, how did you get AsciiDraw to use the correct character set?  I haven't figured out how to get it to display things like the Omega sign (for statues) or the proper table/chair characters.

F2 and pick the symbol you need.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 09:33:32 am »

I can has update?  :-\
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 12:11:48 pm »

u haz update latr you can half an update as I'm still stuck on the last half and I haven't played DF in a long time

Fall of Sealvision

Iferi seemed to glide out of the dense forest followed closely by her fellow kin, now the ‘Frosted leaf’
     Three dark mages clad in ancient armour, bond to them by powerful magic, rune scrawled on its surfaces. There hands glowed faintly purple, they threw there arms as if throwing a ball but a bolt of energy zigzagged from there hands and hit a dwarf flaying them instantly, ignoring any and all types of armour. Two others, who had been skilled users of the bow, even amongst elves, now they wore light leather armour that was as black as the night. They picked off dwarves from afar, each arrow finding its self in a dwarf. Two more were skilled melee fighters, one wielded a sword and a shield, blocking the dwarf’s pathetic attempts to hit him and he returned the favour taking off limbs. The other had a spear, stabbing dwarfs in the weak spots of there armour. The last was an animal trainer of unparalleled skill, some said he had a psychic link to his creatures minds, able to direct there movements and actions.

Iferi idly watched a huge rock arch down at her and smash a few meters before it could hit her group, the warlocks shield easily defecting boulders and ballista bolts. She marvelled at the new powers her elves had been changed. Her memory of that moment was still fresh in her mind, the day she had met her gods.

Iferi felt the gaze of the giants figures on her, there eyes pinning to the spot.
“Iferi” one of the giants spoke, her voice loud yet still managing to sound gentle.
“We have been troubled by recent events and have been waiting to speak with you”
“Me?” Blurted Iferi
“Why not the queen?”
The figure smiled and continued.
“Because Iferi you have shown unshakable faith towards nature and it’s subjects.”
Her face darkened as she kept speaking.
“The, ‘nobles’, have given in to there own greedy needs, not caring about nature or there gods, there creators.”
“But…all the things she’s done, The Third Awakening Of Arract, founding numerous treecities…”
The figure held up a hand
“All to further her own needs, to line her pockets and all cleverly hidden with bribes and threats”

“That’s is why we three have decided to start again, to remake a new race of elves”

“My lady” Avafi Liniquerete, one of the markselves, has his hand on her shoulder, excitement evident in his eyes at the prospect of the slaughter.
“We have arrived” He gestured to the huge stone gates.
“Inform Byakugan that his rabble is in first”
“Yes, my lady” Murmured Avafi, disappointed.
“Do not fret Ava, the real fun is to be had further in”
Avafi nodded and called out to an elf close by.

Byakugan turned, steel two-handed sword in hand and drenched blood. He had leather leggings that looked a lot like skin that had belonged to a humanoid at one point, with bone greaves over the top. His had what can only described as bone plate mail, made of fused pieces of ribcage, bearing the engraving in ancient elvish which read ‘You Can’t Spell Slaughter without Laughter’. On his head was a hollowed skull his feral looked through the empty sockets of his ‘helm’ a crazed, psychopathic stare that could pin a dwarf were he stood, if the amount of blood he was caked in didn’t send them running.

Avafi motioned to him then pointed to the gates, Byakugan smiled, a toothy, evil that could freeze magma.
“To the gates!” Called Byakugan “Form around the lady” A group of simmerly dressed and minded elves gave a bloodthirsty roar and followed there leader.
     Iferi pondered that any normal elf would follow her as she was so different, a dark elf, or ‘Dunumer’ as Avafi had said. But here she was, about to finish an old grudge, something she would have never believed if she was told. It’s amazing the things that can be accomplished when on a mission from the gods.
     Iferi turned towards the gates and focused her mind; concentrating on the new powers she had been granted
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:58:36 pm by Metal Militia »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6