Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wielding a Giant Corkscrew  (Read 2719 times)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wielding a Giant Corkscrew
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:13:41 am »

So my latest mood was a weaponsmith who made me an enormous corkscrew.  As such, I kinda want to mod enormous corkscrews so I can wield them with skill in adventure mode.  Are they currently tied to a skill?  If not, how would I go about tieing them to a skill like, for instance, Axes?
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
Re: Wielding a Giant Corkscrew
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 02:46:16 am »

(Might get a better respond if you ask in the modding subforum)

Jakkarra

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:44:54 am »

as long as you wear a full suit of armour and call yourself "Mr.Bubbles" as well, s'all good.

love, jakkarra

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:18:16 am »

I think you can just DO that. You can hit somebody with anything you can carry in your hands.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 02:08:15 pm »

Okay, I know that.  I just want to have a skill attached to it so my attacks get better(though it is an artifact, so I might not need to worry.)
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 02:12:12 pm »

I believe wrestling applies to anything that doesn't have a linked skill.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 02:59:25 pm »

[SKILL:<the skill you want it associated with>]

That's what you need to add.  No need for regen either.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 04:29:33 pm »

Will this even make them carry this corkscrew around reliably? Or will they ditch it at the next occasion?

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 04:35:39 pm »

What?  Will what ditch the screw? He wants to carry it in adventurer mode, not give it to dwarves in fortress mode...

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 11:00:01 pm »

What?  Will what ditch the screw? He wants to carry it in adventurer mode, not give it to dwarves in fortress mode...

Indeed.  I just wanted to make sure that doing what you say would key it to an ability.  The next question is, "What skill would be most suitable for a giant corkscrew?"  I am thinking something random and off the wall like Intimidator.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 04:07:00 am »

Oh, I see. So I take it there's no of making the guys use unconventional weapons in fortress mode?

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 12:58:42 pm »

Oh, I see. So I take it there's no of making the guys use unconventional weapons in fortress mode?

You might be able to put in [WEAPON:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_ENORMOUSCORKSCREW] to the Dwarf entity raw. I'm not sure if that would work, but it's worth a shot.
Otherwise, you'd have to actually create a weapon called an enormous corkscrew as a separate item, and mod the raws for that. Or whatever you want to use as a weapon.
This is assuming you can use any civ-enabled weapon in Fortress Mode to begin with. There's a lot of things I have neither tested nor researched, but seem intuitive.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 01:25:06 pm »

i wonder what the corkscrew skill should be called........
Screwing? :P
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 01:59:41 pm »

Alas, weapons and trap components are two separate entities. And as such, trap components are categorized as too large and cumbersome to be weapons. I doubt setting weapon skill tags would help the situation. You would need to make a corkscrew weapon entity, which would require a regen.

Also, before we go on, I must reference the wise words of Mr. Tibbles:

I'm DRILLING THE SHIT out of SKELETONS AND ZOMBIES.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 09:44:39 pm »

Alas, weapons and trap components are two separate entities. And as such, trap components are categorized as too large and cumbersome to be weapons. I doubt setting weapon skill tags would help the situation. You would need to make a corkscrew weapon entity, which would require a regen.

Are you saying that I cannot associate a trap component with a skill?  Or are you just saying that I can't give it to my dwarves in dwarf mode?
Pages: [1] 2 3