Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Assorted Silliness Mod  (Read 20124 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted Silliness Mod
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 04:12:06 am »

I was thinking more making him extremely common- so megabeast is a no-no, and so the ridiculously high damblock is also, and the fire breath is iffy, but may be retained just for the lulz. Also, benign? Pfft! You obviously haven't met many dwarves ;D!

He'll be an ambush predator, kind of in the way elderly people (or the stereotypes thereof) will capture someone sitting down and not let them go due to politeness.

Any further inclusions wanted? Open to ideas.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 09:49:16 am »

I was just wondering if a trapcomp could be made of cloth? as well as a way to increase knock back potential, combining low damage and massive knock back = the fluffy whumper! like a giant fuzzy hammer that would nick the poor invaders and/or dwarfs around.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 12:40:37 am »

You should still give him damblock 2 or 3, because regular dwarfs have damblock 1 and he's very old and very tough.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2009, 01:36:59 am »

Make a megabeast called Fat Elf, its a elf that has eaten so many creatures that it has become to fat to live with the other elfs and roam the world naked.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 06:16:26 am »

Bloog: I don't think that's possible, sorry.

Martian: Yeah, I gave him DAMBLOCK:2.

Keilden: I'm not so sure about the Fat Elf, but you inspired me to think what would happen if an elf killed and ate, say, oh, a bronze colossus (or SOF!) *giggles in insane delight*
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 08:09:42 am »

hay guise.

I'm trying to mod in a Giant Battle Kobold (codenamed BOLDIMUS PRIME!) megabeast, and I can't find for the life of me where Toady keeps his megabeasts. I know they aren't hardcoded, because people mod them to be Adventurer-able, but the bastards are hiding  :(

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT
I just used the Titan raws on the wiki as a baseline. Still puzzling, though.

Here's my entry:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The firebreath? The reason all these kobolds are stuck together like this is because they stole a Pacemaker. That's why they keep randomly stealing bolts! IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

Reason for relatively short lifetime: You try holding onto forty kobolds indefinitely.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:30:21 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 09:20:19 am »

Blast them! Hmmm.... Maybe there should be an Old, old, old, old, old, old, old, old dwarf civilization type! Incrediably rare, but armed with many powerful things. Tend to destroy everything in the area and actively attack elfs with a hatred that has to be seen to be believed.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 07:50:14 pm »

I would, Martian, but the ashstone layer already ties up what happened to pretty much everything.

HOWEVER!

Neoadept has told me how to make a ranged weapon without bone/wood ammo! Huzzah! Dwarven flamethrowers for all!

Except the elves. They get dwarven flamethrower ammo, though, if you get my gist.

++EDIT++

Done some more stuff. Dwarven Flamethrower is in (almost)

The elves are no longer quite so pathetic. They got sick of the dwarves' shit, and so summoned a race of shade elves, spirits of dead elves intent on vengeance. This is my first modding of an entity, so largely it's copypaste from the elf entries. I want them to siege early and often, using metal stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:33:00 pm by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 09:05:42 pm »

If you take away the shade elves' ability to speak (well, they are dead), then they will always siege.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 09:31:55 pm »

Yeah, I knew enough to take out intelligent and give 'em can_civ, can_learn.

My main objective is more to have them siege often.

Also, I might have them active in a time other than spring- wouldn't want 'em slaughtering elven caravans, huh?

I think I'll make it Autumn- maximum dwarven deaths.

New version: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1084 Not tested yet, btw. I'll get on that now.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:42:06 pm by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 09:55:54 pm »

Ah.  In that case, you can give them multiple active season tags.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

SeanTucker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 11:16:27 pm »

Why not make poncium another smelter reaction with elf bones? Then smelt it with pig iron and flux for poncium steel.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2009, 11:37:21 pm »

find why elephants of old where so deadly and add it back in because nothing beats an elephant!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2009, 11:55:16 pm »

Lego: I might make them Summer-siegers too, to fuck with the humans.

Sean: It already is. The elf bones > wood reaction has a chance of producing poncium, and there's plenty of it, what with shade elves dropping a bar.

Akhier: They were dangerous because they were agressive. They're still just as strong, but nowhere near as bloodthirsty. They leave that to the unicorns.
And no, I don't think I'll put elephants back as psychopaths, partly because I'm not sure how to- my other aggressive monsters aren't all that aggressive, and partially because they'd only bother tropical people.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2009, 12:10:45 am »

HOLY FUCK THOSE ELVES ARE CUNNING

Not even the shade elves- the regular ones. They were locked in my depot, but they somehow mind-controlled three fire imps to go berserk and kill half my fort! 6 of my original 7 are dead, the only survivor of the founders my farmer, who wasn't outside and didn't try to rescue anyone.

In other news: I'm loving this. Shade elves will ambush then go back to several campfires when they lose a couple, then come again if you look vulnerable. That wasn't a siege, though.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7