Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Assorted Silliness Mod  (Read 20121 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted Silliness Mod
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 07:58:40 pm »

Yeah, I already know about those pages. They don't help much for refuse reactions, though; most refuse items tend to be very difficult to word correctly, if possible at all.
Not if you put the things from the "type" page in the space labeled "type" and the things from the "material" page in the space labeled "material."  Then, for creatures, put the title of the creature entry in the space I labeled "matgloss."  I can say this works from experience.  I've done it for more than just bones.  Leather, for example.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 08:06:14 pm »

Yeah, I already know about those pages. They don't help much for refuse reactions, though; most refuse items tend to be very difficult to word correctly, if possible at all.
Not if you put the things from the "type" page in the space labeled "type" and the things from the "material" page in the space labeled "material."  Then, for creatures, put the title of the creature entry in the space I labeled "matgloss."  I can say this works from experience.  I've done it for more than just bones.  Leather, for example.

Yes, I know which arguments go where. Yes, I've also gotten the thing to work with bones and both kinds of leather. It's the skulls and corpses that don't work this way, particularily the corpses, since there is no "corpse" material.

And with some things (like plants and plant-related items), the name of the thing goes in the material slot and NONE or NO_MATGLOSS goes in the matgloss slot. I have no idea why, it just works that way. Or doesn't work that way, with corpses evidently.

But since you seem to know it all, why don't you try to make a skull reaction that takes skulls from only one type of animal? I can't quite get it to work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:09:27 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 10:04:50 pm »

Be nice, guys. We're trying to piss off the elves here.

I think I'll get working on the reactions we know will work later today, maybe after I do that long-overdue-essay-that-I-havent-handed-in-because-I've-been-sick.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 10:12:20 pm »

borgles.
 This must be done.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 01:11:11 am »

Borgles?

I can't be bothered trying to Google that. Care to explain?
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 07:14:43 am »

Don't be that lazy
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Borgle_bat

If you are lazy to type a single word in a single search field, how do you expect someone not to be lazy to answer you?
Anyway, I did it. I pwned U, mr. Pawn :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 12:59:32 am »

Can't say the Borgles particularly appeal to me. If perhaps someone would explain the joke..?

I've been working on the mod: so far, the additions are like so:

To matgloss_metal I've added:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To matgloss_stone_minera I've added:

To matgloss_wood I've added:

To reaction_standard I've added:

Please note any mistakes I've made, and suggest anything further to put in or tweak.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 04:17:50 pm »

You have a reaction for activating explodium, but then you have the ore tag in explodium stone.  The ore tag makes a reaction automatically, so you don't need to put it in the reaction.txt file.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 02:02:21 am »

DF modding? Intuitive? the devil you say!

So I remove that section of matgloss_stone_mineral? Sweet.
I was actually wondering why there weren't reactions for 'Smelt X Ore' in reaction_standard.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 01:37:09 am »

I've worked a little further on the mod, adding in the choppy extra trap component I promised, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Here's what I added to the trapcomp file:

and I put [trAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_DWARVENLAWNMOWER] into the dorf entry in ENTITY_DEFAULT. I gen'd a new world, and there ain't no option to make 'em, I accidentally embarked before checking to buy.

Also, deaths by Activated Explodium (I tested this too) seem to FREEZE stuff to death. Any ideas why? Entry for it is in one of my previous posts.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 03:09:20 am »

CRIT_BOOST needs a closing bracket.
Are you sure you put everything correctly in the entity file?

It's always good to check your errorlog.txt.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 03:10:58 am »

Also, deaths by Activated Explodium (I tested this too) seem to FREEZE stuff to death. Any ideas why? Entry for it is in one of my previous posts.

[MELTING_POINT:500]
[BOILING_POINT:1000]

It has melting and boiling point far below the absolute zero. So it's colder than the absolute zero. Magic :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nicpon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 04:48:59 am »

NOTE: Is it possible to have a metal only available for battle axes, or is the distinction only made for crossbows and picks (or whatever else silver can't be used for?)

Nope. All melee weapons or no melee weapons
Are you 101% sure?
Smelter reaction that needs only this metal, and produces axe would not work?

Also an Idea:
  Additional geological layer: Pertified elves, goblins, elephants and dwarves layer. Occures where ancient dwarves had fun with magma. (like pompei)

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 12:30:40 am »

*swooping in from the shadows*
Is it not possible to make two reactions for the same thing? Elves could drop 'Elf Carcas' which could be combined with whattever to make explodium, and with whattever-else to make your metal...

By the way, Dwarven Irony is a grand idea...
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 05:00:48 am »

Deon: Cheers, but i found it in the buying menu after further testing. Re-testing is still underway for actually making one, after I add in that bracket. I think, in light of thse observations, change Explodium to Frigidium/Antimagma.

Nicpon: I hadn't thought of making them via the smelter, good idea. However, I'm happy with just having them as general weapons. I think I'll put in those extra 'Pompeii' layers, too. Thanks!

Nobles: Already worked out how to get Poncium in, sorry. Thanks for the compliment, though.

If I get the Dwarven Lawnmower to work, I'll try to make a movie demonstrating its hilarity.

Actually, even if it DOESN'T work, I'll buy some at embark and demonstrate anyway!

++EDIT++
Here it is!
http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1386-demonstrationoftheassortedsillinessmodslawmowers
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:11:55 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7