Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: If I hear a Cliche DF joke in this thread.  (Read 5492 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If I hear a Cliche DF joke in this thread.
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 04:12:09 am »

Oh God the hippos. Fucking terrifying.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 04:14:28 am »

Are giant eagles still monstrous creatures of flesh ripping or have they been nerfed now?  And is it possible to set up a "Fuck the world" lever without using the pressure glitch?

They can still be pretty ferocious, but they mostly do their own thing. So long as a dwarf doesn't get too close, giant eagles are mostly harmless. When they get angry, however, they become the vicious monsters of legend.

I think that glitch you're talking about no longer exists.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 04:17:04 am »

Are giant eagles still monstrous creatures of flesh ripping or have they been nerfed now?  And is it possible to set up a "Fuck the world" lever without using the pressure glitch?

They can still be pretty ferocious, but they mostly do their own thing. So long as a dwarf doesn't get too close, giant eagles are mostly harmless. When they get angry, however, they become the vicious monsters of legend.

I think that glitch you're talking about no longer exists.
Well, you know about the legendary Boatmurdered "Pull the lever!" that obliterated everything outside?

Is it still possible to do that (ie get the magma up to the top level) without using the triple pump pressure glitch?

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 04:31:26 am »

And is it possible to set up a "Fuck the world" lever without using the pressure glitch?

Yes, pump magma/water to the top of your map, have the flood stopped only by floodgates, link them all up to a single lever, placed directly in front of the row of floodgates, pull. Don't forget to channel around your power supply  and pump tower so nobody can destroy those and the flood will continue forever.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:12 am »

And is it possible to set up a "Fuck the world" lever without using the pressure glitch?

Yes, pump magma/water to the top of your map, have the flood stopped only by floodgates, link them all up to a single lever, placed directly in front of the row of floodgates, pull. Don't forget to channel around your power supply  and pump tower so nobody can destroy those and the flood will continue forever.
Exactly.

Magma flows up from a direct vertical line from the bottom of a Volcano or Magma Pipe only. Otherwise, its level may rise only by dripping more magma from above, and new magma may only distribute itself by moving down or to the sides, but never up.
So do you need to use the pumping glitch, or is there some other way?

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2009, 06:03:25 am »

Exactly.

Magma flows up from a direct vertical line from the bottom of a Volcano or Magma Pipe only. Otherwise, its level may rise only by dripping more magma from above, and new magma may only distribute itself by moving down or to the sides, but never up.
So do you need to use the pumping glitch, or is there some other way?
Pumps presurising magma is a feature, not a bug! Although I have heard that magma doesn't flow off the edge of the map.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2009, 06:58:35 am »

Although I have heard that magma doesn't flow off the edge of the map.
Unless you smooth and carve fortifications on the edge wall.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2009, 11:05:52 am »

I heard that that only works for water.  Not Magma.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2009, 01:45:40 pm »

I guess we'll just have to test that. Coincidentally, I know the perfect fort to do it in!

Ruler #18 - inaluct
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]