Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarking on Mountain Halls  (Read 742 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Embarking on Mountain Halls
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:20:06 am »

I don't suppose it's possible to mod the game so that you can embark on Mountain Halls?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking on Mountain Halls
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:33:50 am »

There's the Embark Anywhere utility. It apparently doesn't work with the numbered 40ds but I don't think there's anything stopping you from using it in regular 40d and then porting over the save.

Sadly, I don't think there are any mods that can do this, other than changing the site type for dwarves, which defeats the whole purpose of embarking on a mountain hall.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:40:09 am »

Hmm, might have to test giving Humans mountain halls and seeing if i can embark on a Human Mountain Hall.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:23:11 am »

Hmm, might have to test giving Humans mountain halls and seeing if i can embark on a Human Mountain Hall.

it's the mountain hall part, rather than the dwarf part, which makes you unable to embark. So, it doesn't matter which race is using them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:25:56 am »

Drat.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 04:18:43 pm »

There's the Embark Anywhere utility. It apparently doesn't work with the numbered 40ds but I don't think there's anything stopping you from using it in regular 40d and then porting over the save.

Sadly, I don't think there are any mods that can do this, other than changing the site type for dwarves, which defeats the whole purpose of embarking on a mountain hall.
WRONG!! it works on D11!!