Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ridiculous!  (Read 2180 times)

Mogul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ridiculous!
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:54:51 pm »

So I decided to set forth with an adventurer with the usual goal of mass genocide. My conquests included 2 GCS, a Dragon, a Titan (Both modded to size:200), and I decided to attack the largest Orc fortress on the map. I cut a bloody swathe through them with my Axe, 40 kills including a Master Lasher, a Hammerlord, and 5 Snipers, when I saw a grey civilian approaching. Assuming him to be another squishy metal smith I walked up to him and swung my axe at him, expecting the usual dismemberment.

It turns out that this Orc was actually Clark Kent, and he rewarded my arrogance by neatly dodging my axe then embedding his masterwork copper pick in my skull.

My herculean dwarf wasn't going to go down without a fight, but because his brain was now 40% copper, his vicious drooling was largely ineffective and he eventually drowned in his own blood.

This has to be the most abrupt and shocking death I've experienced in adventure mode so far, even worse than jumping off the edge of a 20 z level cliff to dodge a fireball. Anyone else have a legendary adventurer brought low by a Clark Kent civilian in disguise?

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Ridiculous!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:58:03 pm »

Legendary Hammerer
Talented Armor User
Legendary Wrestler.

Torn apart by a single wolf.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:20:26 am »

Legendary thrower
Legendary wrestler
and had some swimming and ambushing and those kind of things.

Aaanyway, it was my first adventurer with legendary skills, so I decided to look for megabeasts and the like. Travelled from cave to cave when I, for the first time ever, stumbled upon a Kobold civilisation.
 The sight of these horrible horrible creatures quickly filled me with rage (and I though that kobolds would've been the easiest to kill, compared to other races) and I charged at their swordmaster. I killed him, next up, some random kobolds. They were...dealt with within a few turns. '
Next, a Kobold Thief approaches me, stabs me with the knife, somehow sliced me open, my dwarf got nauseous and had heavy bleeding and eventually got killed by that single kobold thief...Bad ass

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:08 am »

It's like in real life. You can be Rambo and Bruce Lee combined, fighting off epically strong beasts... But if you have bad luck and are punked out, it's all over.

Remember kids: Even the usually harmless pigtail sock can wring around your neck, choke you and rip your head clean off if you are not careful.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 04:18:19 pm »

Which is why you must also be batman, to top it all off.  BE PREPARED!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 05:00:01 pm »

It's like in real life. You can be Rambo and Bruce Lee combined, fighting off epically strong beasts... But if you have bad luck and are punked out, it's all over.

Remember kids: Even the usually harmless pigtail sock can wring around your neck, choke you and rip your head clean off if you are not careful.
huh can you actually do that with a sock? hmmmmm

anyways yeah, look at Gengis Khan. He took over half the world, had so many kids that his genetics makes up a large part of the asian population and then suddenly died of a nosebleed.

Shit happens.

Oh and I once got my throat torn out by a wolf.

At the time I had 5 legendary skills and had just wrestled a dragon to death.

Fuck

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 05:07:09 pm »

You obviously were not prepared.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 05:11:48 pm »

darn my squishy, delicious neck

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 05:21:11 pm »

That should have been the first thing you got rid of.  Oh, wait, it was. Silly me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 12:12:47 pm »

anyways yeah, look at Gengis Khan. He took over half the world, had so many kids that his genetics makes up a large part of the asian population and then suddenly died of a nosebleed.

Shit happens.

Was that Genghis?  I thought Genghis Khan died of old age, and that it was Attila who had the nosebleed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 01:45:49 pm »

woops it was XP

sorry I was thinking the wrong guy. Still, great men sometimes die in bullshit ways.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 12:37:06 pm »

One of the largest crusades in history ended way before reaching the holy lands because the emperor drowned in a river.

Anyways, yeah, no matter how great your guy is, beating wolfs to death with a fairy can still get you killed (though its still funny as hell  ;D)
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 11:02:41 am »

One of the largest crusades in history ended way before reaching the holy lands because the emperor drowned in a river.

Anyways, yeah, no matter how great your guy is, beating wolfs to death with a fairy can still get you killed (though its still funny as hell  ;D)
Good old Barbarossa.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 03:34:33 pm »

Yeah i know what you mean, the game is pretty random...
And by the way, is it normal that ork punches pierce organs o.O

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 03:47:26 pm »

Yeah i know what you mean, the game is pretty random...
And by the way, is it normal that ork punches pierce organs o.O
Its not "normal" to get your head chopped off with a sock either, but it all happens...

in dwarf fortress.

Anyway, nothing like thats ever happened to me... when I become legend I usualy become so powerful I cant be hit. EVER.
Pages: [1] 2