Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ridiculous!  (Read 2182 times)

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ridiculous!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 03:50:39 pm »

anyways yeah, look at Gengis Khan. He took over half the world, had so many kids that his genetics makes up a large part of the asian population and then suddenly died of a nosebleed

um... yeah... that was atilla the hun...

Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 03:56:32 pm »

I think this one of the reasons why it is important to bring a party on your adventures instead of going solo; as it is in real life. When someone starts winning the fight, they generally keep winning it. When the wolf disables your arm and knocks you down, chances are he's just gonna keep disabling you. When you have a good party with you, they can get people off you before they can get a finishing blow in.
But yeah, getting your throat torn out can kill anyone with one hit. No party can help you from that. Toady should introduce in neck armour or something to block this.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 03:57:36 pm »

How bout when I break a macelords left hand and right leg then he hits me with one shot slamming me into the wall head first killing me instantly??
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »

I think this one of the reasons why it is important to bring a party on your adventures instead of going solo; as it is in real life. When someone starts winning the fight, they generally keep winning it. When the wolf disables your arm and knocks you down, chances are he's just gonna keep disabling you. When you have a good party with you, they can get people off you before they can get a finishing blow in.
But yeah, getting your throat torn out can kill anyone with one hit. No party can help you from that. Toady should introduce in neck armour or something to block this.
Of course party memeber dont take kindly to attacking their own town. I learned that the hard way.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 06:15:20 pm »

And by the way, is it normal that ork punches pierce organs
It sound like whoever created the Orc Race Mod has given them PIERCEing damage on their punches instead of BLUDGEONing.
Can easily be altered though.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 06:20:59 pm »

And by the way, is it normal that ork punches pierce organs
It sound like whoever created the Orc Race Mod has given them PIERCEing damage on their punches instead of BLUDGEONing.
Can easily be altered though.
Thats because they have knives for hands, its supposed to be like that.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 06:34:48 pm »

This IS related.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:30 pm »

Thats because they have knives for hands, its supposed to be like that.
Given the sheer lethality of piercing damage this doesn't seem to be a very good idea.
Even a 1:1 piercing attack can easily kill with one hit to the upper body.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 06:58:24 pm »

Especially a headshot: brain or throat, or a critical heart, lung, or spine hit.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 01:13:25 pm »

Reminds me of that drawing of the guy who had a huge penis instead of a hand. Literally. His forearm was just a huge penis.

I guess he can pierce certain places for massive damage.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 01:20:40 pm »

I was once so powerful i could decapitate a man by throwing sand in his eyes. I later drowned in a river.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 05:29:30 pm »

lol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 06:19:43 pm »

I was once so powerful i could decapitate a man by throwing sand in his eyes. I later drowned in a river.
ITS THE CIRCLEEEEEEEEEEE, THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!
Pages: 1 [2]