Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: The Sims 3 leak!  (Read 20588 times)

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 leak!
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:56 am »

I remember NWN1 was leaked on purpose to get people to try the game and hopefully buy it.

It worked for me. I downloaded the version they leaked out and I ended up buying it and all the following expansions.

It could be that they're Bioware, and they rock.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2009, 08:10:22 am »

Moving on.. to traits! Yes, traits! Millions of them! So many that they get their own meaningless categories! I was about halfway through the first category when I ran out of trait room because I wanted my Sim to.. oh forget it. How are you supposed to characterize a Sim with only a handful of traits? I want him to be a loner AND evil you bastards! --------

Some exagregation there. i might have wanted to use 7-8 at once perhaps, out of the 5 allowed.

They can only be wishing for one thing at a time and you have a choice to reject their wish or promise it. Once you choose how to treat this wish, the 'wish' slot is cleared and they may once again fill it.

Or you just leave the new wish and hope you can grant it before it disappears. you can just scroll through multiple new wishes.

So after my first horribly dull day sitting around the house (They didn't furnish it with any entertainment you see, so I had to resort to reading the paper and calling some random guy. Couldn't afford a Bill Gates computer yet) my carpool came.

So basically, you just bought a premade expensive house, skipping that which is interessting with the game and left you moneyless?

Too little content and the sims needs are to demanding to have any fun with them. not that there is much fun to be had though.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2009, 08:13:01 am »

Things wouldn't be so bad if making and eating pancakes wasn't a two hour long chore. Combine that with the hour it takes to piss and further hour it takes to shower, you need to get up for work about 5 hours before the carpool arrives.
!!&!!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2009, 08:59:04 am »

Things wouldn't be so bad if making and eating pancakes wasn't a two hour long chore. Combine that with the hour it takes to piss and further hour it takes to shower, you need to get up for work about 5 hours before the carpool arrives.

And I thought I took a long time to get ready to leave the house.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2009, 09:08:46 am »

Tips:
-Eat quick meals (juice, bread and jam, etc.) in the morning, they needn't be prepared, but still fill up your meter (just don't provide mood bonuses)
-Your workplace has toilets, don't bother whizzing in the morning unless it's the only need lacking
-Hunger also gets handled in the workplace once it's sufficiently low

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »

So basically, you just bought a premade expensive house, skipping that which is interessting with the game and left you moneyless?

Yes, because I've already played through the interesting parts of The Sims series and no longer find it that interesting. I wanted to jump right in so that I could check out the gameplay. And it's always worked before, just.. not now. Which is a bad thing.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2009, 05:17:57 pm »

Gameplay? you mean the "lock sim in small room full with chairs and a open fire"?

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2009, 01:42:41 am »

FUUU! I was having a great time playing, but the game randomly crashed. It's been stable so far, but as soon as I visited the library I crashed to the desktop. Anyone else having trouble with the library?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2009, 02:07:46 am »

Well, maybe this is the wrong place to post this, since I've only seen negative opinions, but I got the game and have been having a blast with it.

Speed-wise it's really optimized - compared to Sims 2 which chugged hard-disk. They've abstracted a few things - for instance, your Sims no longer take 45 minutes to open a car door and sit in the car, instead they sort of "morph" into cars or bicycles or Taxis when they touch the road. I actually welcome the change. Also town buildings aren't there to be explored, they provide a function: some lots have sort of "prefabs" that are huge buildings that you just click on and use - such as a shop, or a workplace. Others are filled with items to interact with, such as the gym, art gallery, public pools, parks, etc.

There is a lot of things to do. I played nearly all weekend with a small family and it was almost too easy, so I started over and created a 8 member family (4 young adults and 4 teens) and spent most of my Sunday juggling jobs and micromanaging them and has been fun.

Also: you no longer have a general play area and choose to play different families. You start a new game, using (in this version at least) the only City map available for now. Each saved game creates a copy of the whole thing. You're playing one family specifically - trying to juggle families is not a viable option, since your current one gets abandoned "permanently" if you choose a new one, meaning that when or if you decide to play them again, all their wishes will be reset, and other changes would have happened to them (aging, lost of jobs, death, etc). So, effectively your family is the PCs and everybody else are NPCs (unless you marry and they move in). Also, NPCs keep getting more and more children and dying of old age and so on.

I think it's fun and it's far more simulational than the earlier versions.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2009, 03:30:45 am »

I find it kinda strange how the Sims get all these haters. It's just not the type of game for some people, just like how I'm not at all fond of GTA. If you don't like the type of game, don't bother with the sequels.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2009, 06:32:38 am »

Hey I hate this game franchise, but I'm going to stealbuy the newest one anyway so I can fuel my hating soul, my loving soul is out to lunch.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2009, 03:13:32 pm »

I find it kinda strange how the Sims get all these haters. It's just not the type of game for some people, just like how I'm not at all fond of GTA. If you don't like the type of game, don't bother with the sequels.

Well see I absolutely loved the first Sims, but all of the sequels and most of the expansions were just horrible to me. Seemed like the cow's udder has been decimated after Sim's Makin' Magic

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2009, 03:15:20 pm »

Yeah, Debvon seems unnecessarily harsh on his review.  A lot of those same arguments could be made about any game where you start with nothing and build up.  I like that genre.  Hell if you hate that part so much start out with a rich family, they provide them.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2009, 03:30:37 pm »

Not to derail the current discussion, but apparently it got re-leaked. Supposedly the retail version this time. Wonder how much of EA's claims of "half the game missing" is actually true.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2009, 03:40:28 pm »

Not to derail the current discussion, but apparently it got re-leaked. Supposedly the retail version this time. Wonder how much of EA's claims of "half the game missing" is actually true.

You picked my interest. can anyone actually confirm this?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11