Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: The Sims 3 leak!  (Read 20605 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 leak!
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2009, 02:55:16 pm »

Gameplay:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone told me that one of his sims got stuck playing foosball forever. It's supposedly peeing itself, starving, smelly, and unhappy, but it won't die because it's too busy playing foosball. He can't delete the foosball table because the sim is playing foosball. The sim is stuck standing a little ways away from the foosball table just being smelly and wanting to die(Expire being in it's action queue), but it's bugged playing foosball for eternity and being smelly in the living room and all the other sims hate her.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2009, 02:56:43 pm »

I always liked how in sims 2 they were "open minded" enough to allow same sex relationships, but a three(or more)some was impossible. Also, having more than one partner ALWAYS lead to jealousy.

Since I found out my house cannot be filled with horny hippies that shag around like rabbits, I binned the game. Seriously.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2009, 02:58:31 pm »

I always liked how in sims 2 they were "open minded" enough to allow same sex relationships, but a three(or more)some was impossible. Also, having more than one partner ALWAYS lead to jealousy.

Since I found out my house cannot be filled with horny hippies that shag around like rabbits, I binned the game. Seriously.

They already made a Sims game with everything you want. Singles Threesome

I get tired of people saying they want more sex and violence in The Sims... if ONLY because there are more Sexual and Violent versions of the Sims that are HORRIBLE!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:02:18 pm by Neonivek »

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2009, 03:04:52 pm »

So I need to shell out for a bugfix, basically?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2009, 03:07:58 pm »

So I need to shell out for a bugfix, basically?

No.. I am sure that game is really bad.

I just like to bring it up when people say The Sims needs more sex :D

Which didn't happen here (well maybe implied) so I guess I am sorry.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2009, 03:10:02 pm »

That's a different game by different people.

I do think that the behavior you want is perfect material to put in mods, instead of the core game, though.  Everyone has a different idea of how sims SHOULD react to that, and they went with a fair societal default:  Simplify it as much as is reasonable, let modders do the rest.

Don't whine about "making modders finish the game for them".  I'd rather have a moddable game that I can make the way I want, than a game that's all polished but in all the wrong ways.

Anyway there's lots of mods out there that let you do that hippie house you wanted.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2009, 03:10:50 pm »

Well the player can already kill the sims in horrible ways.

So why can't sims kill other sims in horrible ways?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2009, 03:11:02 pm »

I dont really care about the sex. If you will, it also happens with any relationship that leaves the "friendship" level, basically, when you start making out or whatnot. I dont remember, theres some sort of "barrier" you can cross when you have them interact.

And the "only one partner" thing was hardcoded, and it wasnt necessary. I was interested to find out what exactly would make sims jealous and what would have them accept clusterfucks, and when I noticed there isnt ANYTHING to it, I was kind of disappointed.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2009, 03:35:55 pm »

Well the player can already kill the sims in horrible ways.

So why can't sims kill other sims in horrible ways?

There are many mods for the Sims 2 that allow murder with various cool weapons. This page has a good listing.

As for EA including murder in the vanilla game, the ability to kill your own Sims is more of a meta game feature, and adding the ability for sims to murder each other would not be good for The Sims' family friendly appeal,
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2009, 03:41:15 pm »

This game REALLY lacks content.

That's so EA can fill it in with 70 expansion pack released over the next two decades. :P
the worst thing is that they probably have already developed them... they just cut them off from the main program that they sell you.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2009, 04:30:05 pm »

Someone told me that one of his sims got stuck playing foosball forever. It's supposedly peeing itself, starving, smelly, and unhappy, but it won't die because it's too busy playing foosball. He can't delete the foosball table because the sim is playing foosball. The sim is stuck standing a little ways away from the foosball table just being smelly and wanting to die(Expire being in it's action queue), but it's bugged playing foosball for eternity and being smelly in the living room and all the other sims hate her.

This...  This is a miracle.  I can see it in my mind now, and it is...

...Beautiful.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2009, 04:34:12 pm »

Here is something you may find interesting:

EA has gone on the record to say that the Pirated version is a Buggy Pre-release version

Goodness, EA better hope the real version is perfect (assuming they were telling the truth) or else people are going to get mad!
They're lying, it works perfect.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2009, 04:35:33 pm »

People are still going to pirate it EA...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:04:59 pm by Okenido »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2009, 04:40:06 pm »

Liberal Crime Squad protip: Never say "we" when talking about illegal activities.

Use "people" or "I heard from a source". Don't get yourself or Toady in trouble or do anything stupid like posting links to downloads or make it obvious in a public forum.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2009, 05:08:13 pm »

Here is something you may find interesting:

EA has gone on the record to say that the Pirated version is a Buggy Pre-release version

Goodness, EA better hope the real version is perfect (assuming they were telling the truth) or else people are going to get mad!
They're lying, it works perfect.

Roughly every game dev ever has said the same thing about every leaked game. They also warn of viruses and the like, which never happen, from downloading their leaked games.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11