Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: The Sims 3 leak!  (Read 20589 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 leak!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:58 am »

I thought every game that has been made since DRM started has been leaked.

Lol, so true. I don't remember those old games getting leaked.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 11:45:59 am »

So here's the question. Is it even worth buying?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 11:50:34 am »

I'd buy it if it had good enough AI. Would just put everyone together in a room, with such extreme personalities that they'd hate each other, then watch it go off. It'll be just as good as reality TV!
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 12:09:38 pm »

I'd buy it if it had good enough AI. Would just put everyone together in a room, with such extreme personalities that they'd hate each other, then watch it go off. It'll be just as good as reality TV!
But reality tv sucks.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 12:12:31 pm »

I'd buy it if it had good enough AI. Would just put everyone together in a room, with such extreme personalities that they'd hate each other, then watch it go off. It'll be just as bad as reality TV!
fixed
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 12:15:40 pm »

I'm not even going to get the "demo" for this game until they add murder.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 12:19:06 pm »

Well, it'll be better than reality TV, since I could name the Sims after people I know. The new personality system seems intriguing :P

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 01:17:14 pm »

Well, it'll be better than reality TV, since I could name the Sims after people I know. The new personality system seems intriguing :P
Don't forget the elaborate death traps and random "accidents". No reality tv shows I've seen lately has people locked in a room with a grill thats on fire, and they need to put it out to actually survive.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 01:36:13 pm »

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/18/sims_3_leaked_online/

The newest addition to Electronic Arts' mega-franchise The Sims has reportedly been leaked online two weeks before the video game's official release.

It certainly didn't take long for EA's The Sims 3, one of the game publisher's flagship titles for 2009, to be shanghaied by interweb pirates. We've identified a number of trackers (that shall remain nameless) purportedly linking to the game torrent, sized somewhere near 5GB.

Although perhaps inevitable these days, the leak is still bad news for EA, which announced back in March that Sims 3 wouldn't carry any online authentication. Only a product key is necessary to activate the game, the company stated.

Awesome. Surprise?

Eh, this is hilarious and sad in the same time...ah well...I don't really care, since this is an EA game!  ;D

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 01:39:55 pm »

Do want, and will get, as soon as I get that new computer.

However, chances are I'm buying it, as I don't have internet. Still, I lol'd that it had been leaked.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 02:00:26 pm »

Actually it's a bit arcade-like. You choose 5 "starting traits at the start which define your personality. You earn points and you buy bonus-like traits while you live.
It's much less "real" but still quite entertaining (especially considering the fact that they should add a lot of new traits in EPacks).

Well, at least it gives more personality to characters. You could be "good/bad" before, but now you can have an actual "evil" trait, or a trait which makes you to like fighting, or a trait which makes you a snob etc. Considering a lot of possible combinations, it's quite nice.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:02:26 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 03:39:50 pm »

It gives them a personality, which is far more than they had before this. Lol, that's much more realistic, I suppose. I just hope that the game isn't going to be as arcade like as Spore.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 03:46:23 pm »

No, it plays much like the sims 2. In fact, it plays the same. The difference is that the sims act a bit more like their traits and goals suggest. Every trait also opens special interactions as well. They made it so you don't have to worry as much about basic needs and it feels a bit more realistic in that sense. You don't have to keep those needs bar open at all to keep your characters in a good mood.

Doing things related to your traits increase your mood as well, so lazy people will get happier when just lounging on the couch and watching tv, for example.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:12:50 pm by Soulwynd »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 04:16:39 pm »

Interesting.  I like the idea of a more sim-specific mood...thingy.  It always bugged me that all my sims enjoyed computer games equally, for example.

I've heard that some needs are less analog, IE bladder is no longer a sliding scale, just a "needs fixing" or "everything is okay".  And I like that, I think, but how does it work practically?

Are wants and fears better now?  Sims 2 did interesting stuff with them, but they could have covered a lot more ground I think.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 06:43:41 pm »

Interesting.  I like the idea of a more sim-specific mood...thingy.  It always bugged me that all my sims enjoyed computer games equally, for example.

I've heard that some needs are less analog, IE bladder is no longer a sliding scale, just a "needs fixing" or "everything is okay".  And I like that, I think, but how does it work practically?

Are wants and fears better now?  Sims 2 did interesting stuff with them, but they could have covered a lot more ground I think.

Bladder works well. All mood decreases are debuffs effecting the overall mood meter. a low bladder bar will do a -12 to mood until it gets so low they wet themselves. Buffs and debuffs are given from most things - entertainment, kissing, eating a good meal, seeing a fire, etcetera. They last for certain durations or until something comes along that counters/erases it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11