Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: The Sims 3 leak!  (Read 20584 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 leak!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:32:50 pm »

So can we see boobies yet?

Maybe I should wait for the boobies mod.

The Sims 2 had it... they just censored it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 11:42:07 pm »

Yeah, in a naked Barbie type of way.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:33 pm »

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/18/sims_3_leaked_online/

The newest addition to Electronic Arts' mega-franchise The Sims has reportedly been leaked online two weeks before the video game's official release.

It certainly didn't take long for EA's The Sims 3, one of the game publisher's flagship titles for 2009, to be shanghaied by interweb pirates. We've identified a number of trackers (that shall remain nameless) purportedly linking to the game torrent, sized somewhere near 5GB.

Although perhaps inevitable these days, the leak is still bad news for EA, which announced back in March that Sims 3 wouldn't carry any online authentication. Only a product key is necessary to activate the game, the company stated.

Awesome. Surprise?

It's an evil plot of EA, so that they can resume using Draconian DRM in all later titles.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 11:57:41 pm »

It's an evil plot of EA, so that they can resume using Draconian DRM in all later titles.

As if that'd have helped! :D

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 01:25:21 am »

They don't need an evil plot.  They do it anyway, hell they announced that Sims 3 didn't have it but apparently they were just outright lying.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 05:31:26 am »

Yeah, in a naked Barbie type of way.

Unless you happen to download one or more of the countless nudity mods, which allow you to pick and choose exactly what type of skin texture, "hairstyle", physical blemishes and home planet your sims exhibit when they lack clothes.  Several of these mods also include specially detailed clothing that is either somewhat transparent, ripped, or simply designed to show naughty bits whenever and wherever you like.  They allow you to replace your sim's pajamas, bathing suit, underwear, casualwear or even formalwear with a birthday suit so that you may relish their nakedness at every available opportunity.

And then you get some person to start playing pinball, another one to start doing yoga, then you enter in the console commands to allow the repositioning of any object and...

...I've probably gone a little too far, haven't I?  At least I haven't mentioned what they put out for the original Sims.  Boy howdy, that was downright naughty.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:39 am »

From what I understood, Will Wright liked the fact that a large community of people were making resources for the original sims game, and I believe he encouraged sites for distributing such resources made by fans for free.

I'm quite sure EA will also look into this, but it is unfortunate they lack any comprehension of 'free', 'fans' or 'intelligence'.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 06:43:38 am »

Well don't forget that the same people who made everquest are also making The Sims 3

And we all know how many expansions that game had.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 07:21:33 am »

Also, remember how much control Will Wright actually has over his games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 07:35:09 am »

Also, remember how much control Will Wright actually has over his games.

*smacks you*

Will is a consultant on this project. He has NO power over this game.

This isn't even made by Maxis.

Edit Note: Uhh don't take the smack personally. Ill leave it in there because I assume no one thinks I mean that insultingly.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:40:54 am by Neonivek »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 07:47:18 am »

Because its not like Kagus hasn't taken anything personally before.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 07:57:11 am »

In other news: in china a bag of rice fell over.

They could fuckin send me the fuckin dvds, call that "leaked", and I wouldnt even bother to open the package....  ;D

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 08:01:57 am »

Conspiracy time: EA did that on purpose! So they can rationalize the use of DRM that would do nothing to prevent this but make the stock holders happy!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 08:34:07 am »

Conspiracy time: EA did that on purpose! So they can rationalize the use of DRM that would do nothing to prevent this but make the stock holders happy!

Have you not noticed how this happens with all of EA's recent major game releases? And then by the time the not leaked game is released they have a horrible DRM put into the game using the leak as leverage to do so?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 08:58:55 am »

I thought every game that has been made since DRM started has been leaked.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11