Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: The Sims 3 leak!  (Read 20571 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 leak!
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2009, 04:24:21 pm »

Yeah, Debvon seems unnecessarily harsh on his review.  A lot of those same arguments could be made about any game where you start with nothing and build up.  I like that genre.  Hell if you hate that part so much start out with a rich family, they provide them.

I find it impossible that anyone would like the old one more than the new. It's like the same thing! But the new ones are just a lot cleaner. Maybe you just got turned off by all the money EA is squeezing out of people :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2009, 04:28:02 pm »

Not to derail the current discussion, but apparently it got re-leaked. Supposedly the retail version this time. Wonder how much of EA's claims of "half the game missing" is actually true.

You picked my interest. can anyone actually confirm this?
It seems to be true, well when I say it seems to be true I mean I did a quick pirate bay search and found a torrent purporting to be the full retail version of the game so it strikes me as being true. Also I think the game itself is ok but the whole franchise and the way EA managed is terrible it's just EA milking a reasonable game concept for every penny they can.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2009, 05:32:25 pm »

I like this plan. Release the game early in about four different flavors to disinterest people from downloading 5 GB every time.   :D

And, did you expect EA to do something other than milk it for every penny?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2009, 05:43:54 pm »

I just found out that EA wasn't lying. The Leak wasn't the finished copy. Of course this is just a Rumor.

Then again this whole topic is half-based around rumors... so ehhh

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2009, 06:00:05 pm »

I just found out that EA wasn't lying. The Leak wasn't the finished copy. Of course this is just a Rumor.

Then again this whole topic is half-based around rumors... so ehhh
Well, there was the pre-release patch that went from some version X to version Y, while the leaked version was some version lower than X. So that was confirmed a while ago.

Question is, how different is the first leak from the retail version? EA seems to blame all the woes and even lack of content on it being an early version. But both versions are above 1.00, so I doubt the difference is greater than a few (dozen) bug fixes.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2009, 06:13:05 pm »

Things wouldn't be so bad if making and eating pancakes wasn't a two hour long chore. Combine that with the hour it takes to piss and further hour it takes to shower, you need to get up for work about 5 hours before the carpool arrives.
Tips:
-Eat quick meals (juice, bread and jam, etc.) in the morning, they needn't be prepared, but still fill up your meter (just don't provide mood bonuses)
-Your workplace has toilets, don't bother whizzing in the morning unless it's the only need lacking
-Hunger also gets handled in the workplace once it's sufficiently low

You can also Put Away Leftovers, to eat later.
Alternatively, you can Put Away Leftovers, they will last 3 or 4 days without spoiling.
On the other hand, you can try to always "serve" a meal for many people, even if it's only 2 or 3 eating, that way you can Put Away Leftovers.
If all else fails, Put Away Leftovers.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2009, 07:08:00 pm »

how different is the first leak from the retail version?

The most I know of is that they actually had more content in general.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2009, 08:21:51 pm »

The people in my private tracker says there's no difference at all.

Besides a few extra bugs, such as zooming in being slow.

They also said the extra content, like the second town, has to be downloaded once you register.

They also pointed out the size of both released is nearly exactly the same.

So for us, people of the sea, it makes no difference.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2009, 08:29:47 pm »

They got good internet, the latest version came out like 7 hours ago.

They also seem to have missed the actual changes so I am having my doubts at how legit your post is. (I mean if you said "There is almost no difference" I would be satisfied)

Though there are currently 4 different versions of The Sims 3 floating around so it could be on any one of them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 08:52:25 pm by Neonivek »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2009, 10:53:43 pm »

I'm just saying what they said. They have the razor version and I think the first leak was from reloaded. The changelog shows they are different versions and they haven't seen anything new about it.

But yeah, the community is great. One of the german guys has a 2gbit backbone.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:11 pm »

I'm just saying what they said.

I understand, I am just trying to put everything together before the game comes out and rumors are now so rampant I can't keep my facts together anymore so I have to compare them to other rumors.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2009, 08:15:53 am »

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread but I read an article that talks about some of the content being downloadable after you buy the game; there is a whole other town that is "free" at their store. I definitely won't be buying this game. I don't like DRM, nor do I like this growing trend of microtransactions in gaming.  :-\

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2009, 09:55:32 am »

I don't like DRM

Last news was that there isn't any DRM beyond Online checking which isn't required to play and a file called GL that has some lines.

The Microtranslactions however is 100% real and they have these objects before the game is even done. Though it isn't bad as some other games such as Ultimate Aliance or Beautiful Katamari (Or basically Console games) where they lock half your disk away from you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:00:26 am by Neonivek »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2009, 10:26:30 am »

Or the multiplayer in Resident Evil Four
!!&!!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2009, 10:32:05 am »

Well, I see nothing visibly new in the newer leak. It's pretty much the same. Only thing I noticed is that it's now possible to go to the cinema to watch something rather than just tour it, although I probably just missed the times when that was possible in the previous leak.

In terms of normal content, I see nothing new. If there is something, it's at most a few items of some category of minor relevance like decorations.

Maybe there are some gameplay changes, but at first glance, there's nothing different. So much for "half the game missing".
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11