Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Caveman Adventure! YEAH!  (Read 10899 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman Adventure! YEAH!
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 06:46:06 am »

After switching watches with each other, the night passes quickly. It is now morning. The regular din of wildlife awakening fills your ears, along with the distant roars from the great reptile beasts that scare you so. Its a new day.

(Trap setting can be completed in one turn, and a small amount of foraging can be done along with that turn. Or you can go hunting, which gives you a 1 in 3 chance of encountering a very large animal, a 1 in 2 chance of encountering a regular sized animal, and a very likely chance to encounter small prey. However, despite what you would think, is actually hardest to hunt the smaller prey  because as all cavemen know, small prey are small, and hard to see with eyes, and also move very fast. Big prey are slow and easy to see, but are also usually VERY dangerous. Regular prey are good eat. Caveman like eat. Eat meat.)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:08 am »

One guy: Set up traps in EAST area. Return to camp when finished.

Others: Go hunting with spear+spare spear per person.
Long Live United Forenia!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 08:38:45 am »

You send off one of your cavemen to set traps across the eastern area to your campsite, the one you earlier foraged at. Many laughs were to be had.

After a wonderful adventure, with many lessons to be learned, and great soundtrack, the caveman returns.

Woah there! It seems a small herd of deer has wandered upon your campsite! Theres no way the lone caveman could get them all alone!

Well now. Now its completely different! FOOD GET.

Success again! What a pleasant turn of events.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 08:42:00 am »

Okay, last update for a few hours. I need to go. But I'll update again when I get back.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 08:47:46 am »

Aww, that's nice.  I've got such a warm fuzzy feeling.
Now, cut off their skins, rip out their guts, and roast their flesh over the fire.

>Get stick
>Use stick on meat
>Use stick-meat on fire
>Profit
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 09:11:32 am »

Success indeed.
We only have one knife, so allies 1&2 should first make (flint) knives for themselves. Once done they can join you in processing the deer.
Results (presumably): Raw meat, bone, animal skins.
Planned processing order: Three meals worth raw meat + Berries and shit > Three meals
Make drying rack.
Dry remaining meat.
   IF sufficient hides: Make tent. Yes, a tent, not a hut. Surely we can find a better place to settle than this? A place with a stream,  for fishing, or with caves for living in.
   ELSE: Make three items of clothing.
   Make makeshift shelter.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 09:24:20 am »

Excellent points.  We'll need the Omega-3 fatty acids to develop those caveman brains.
Though we need to take care of that raw meat before it spoils.  Drying is probably better, even if it isn't as tasty.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 09:35:38 am »

Maybe we should dig a small chamber to help store stuff? Leaving berries out in the sun isn't gonna preserve them well.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 09:59:22 am »

I agree wholeheartedly with Nuke.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 01:00:13 pm »

Alright, how large were these deer? Deer provide quite a bit of meat, enough that one would last a good week to those three. So yes, we need to work on preserving the excess. I say cooking the meat first and drying it in the sun would be best.

As for the berries, a simple underground storage area would suffice. After all the processing is done, it will likely be night. Use the night to make tools, so you can continue to work on improving the site the next day.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 01:59:57 pm »

I think we should try and dry the meat over the fire.

We could try and cut out a big sheet of it, dry that, and make it into a meat hat!

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 02:12:52 pm »

Nah, we probably need a helmet kit for that first.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2009, 04:27:08 pm »

I say we make a primitive shovel, so that we can dig faster.
My Idea:
Caveman 1:Make shovel
Cavemen 2: Find more Snares
You:Cook?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 12:07:50 pm »

Just occurred to me:
Whatever you do, take a moment to look around, big scale. Any mountains on the skyline? Maybe you can see the sea, or a lake?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 02:41:51 pm »

Just occurred to me:
Whatever you do, take a moment to look around, big scale. Any mountains on the skyline? Maybe you can see the sea, or a lake?

It looks like this is taking place is a forest, unless its real sparse forest its unlikely you'd be able to see any features in the distance. Our woods out here, if you go somewhat in you'll only be able to see the light coming from the edge of the woods.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:47:16 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6