Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Caveman Adventure! YEAH!  (Read 10898 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman Adventure! YEAH!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 03:28:37 pm »

HAHA. NO ONLY SMASHY SMASHY.

Well you can try and communicate.

If you can convince the others that's a good idea too. Generally, I'll go with the most popular action, like if I hadn't had the Cavemen pop out, we would have started making a trap, though obviously it would have to be left someplace for a day or two, so it wouldn't have mattered.

ANYWAY. If more people DON'T want smashy smashy, and actually want to talk, if you can call our Caveman babble communication, SURE WHY NOT.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 03:31:43 pm »

Set fire to spear. Threaten other cavemen.
Combination of smashy smashy and talky talky.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 03:36:31 pm »

I like the idea of asserting your authority other the other cavemen, prove your the boss and make them join your tribe. Either by threatening them or whatever, I don't mind.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 03:49:55 pm »

>Invent Speech?
>Use Monolith?

Yeah, definitely try communicating.  If we're successful, we can begin clearcutting a lot sooner.
NUKE9.13 seems to have a pretty good approach.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 03:59:32 pm »

Thinking quickly, you devise, a simple, but overall AAHHHHH FIRE! Plan. Thinking better of lighting your spear on fire, you grab a nearby branch and light it on fire, and then leap over the fire, stunning the two cavemen. You wave around the flaming branch, scaring the two Caveman, and also yelling and swinging around your spear, trying to assert your authority.

The two cavemen, cowed before your mighty smashyness, grovel before you.

Wait, THAT ACTUALLY WORKED?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 04:00:42 pm »

Wasn't expecting that.

Well, can we see their inventories?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 04:01:14 pm »

Go hunting.

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 04:03:32 pm »

Sweet.

We need to axe up, start deforesting, and build huts.
We also need to start gathering edible plants, and, yes, hunt.
And keep the fire going.  Apparently, fire is good in this game.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 04:05:10 pm »

NO WE MUST GUARD THE FIRE.
Explain to the new followers about the fire god who's priest you are. Then, yes, set to equiping them with axes and get chopping. The fire god needs a temple.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 04:06:05 pm »

I still want inventories, but the fire priest idea is also good.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 04:07:36 pm »

We also need a virgin to sacrifice to the fire god.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 04:10:41 pm »

God damn you people and posting.

Well let me sort through your stupidity, but first...

You decide to give both of the Cavemen a once over, checking to see what they possess. Which isn't much at all. You figure they must have smelled the smoke from your fire, and were hoping to perhaps steal some food.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 04:13:57 pm »

what does the club 6/10 mean? is that the wear? and if so does it go up or down?

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 04:18:27 pm »

Down, I think.  Your new spear is at 10/10.

Okay, we've got enough food for a little while, I think our primary concern is adding a hut(s) to this camp, and foraging for more resources/followers.  And exploring.  And fire.

Can we train throwing up to Legendary?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 04:32:18 pm »

There's no skill system. Only a time system. Like lets say you decide to craft some clothing. All your standard actions would be taken up that turn, and you couldn't do anything else. Where movement is only important during Combat (And hunting), so there's ALMOST no limitation in how far you can move in one turn, but you can't however move farther than a single area. Once you move into a new area, its a new turn. And once you devote your standard actions to a craft object, you can't do anything else.

Now that you ACTUALLY have followers (also, you guys are a caveman. Your not smart enough to think up a god. ONLY SMASHY SMASHY, TALKY TALKY, EAT EAT, and  FIRE GOOD, NO FIRE BAD, and COLD COLD COLD can come to mind.) you can actually give them orders so they can fill their standard turns. Same rules apply to them, they can do everything you can do.

But yeah, the games more of a journey in itself, so the next game (and there will be several games after this one. I plan a series using AsciiDraw.) will have stats and skills, this one is suppose to be simple and easy to update, but at least you guys will be able to do more quickly.

Anyhow, It looks like you guys want to make axes. You need reed, which is plentyful, but lots of it, and logs to make huts, along with Animal Hide for the floor. So it seems like you want to cut down some trees, then gather things like rocks, reeds, and food. And THEN of course hunt.

So, what will it be? make axes? You can of course set the two followers to making two axes, and do something yourself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6